Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

UK laser meet photos (Pic heavy!)

Morgan

Hi All,

Just thought I'd share some pics of some truly awesome scanners. These were taken at a UK laser meet organised over at Photonlexicon. I felt totally inadequate when I arrived and saw their gear. The pics show the colours well but being there was amazing! These guys really like crisp, sharp beams and shows. I was really bowled over. PL guys know what they are doing! (So do LPF guys but you know what I mean). I think I'll have to build a scanner. All photos after the large multiple laser rig are from the show performed by them.

(No cameras were hurt in the making of these photos. Took quite few direct hits but it seems my CCD is adequately protected and is fully intact.)

I hope you like these. I have many, many, many more. If there is interest I'll add some others but here's a few for starters. (Sorry if there are too many but how can you have too many photos of beams like these?)

wahlrp.jpg

25s6685.jpg

2ecoxs8.jpg

2wqtuew.jpg

5b6ur5.jpg

2lxyv12.jpg

30n9mhg.jpg

244eigy.jpg

2ppko3p.jpg

2lktnuq.jpg

96ks3o.jpg

n3xe9j.jpg

20k2h79.jpg

2h84mqo.jpg

28lf12r.jpg

2lwqejn.jpg

e7hvg1.jpg

11m8a9x.jpg

[EDIT: Although these photographs are posted in the public domain, if you wish to reproduce, (other than in this thread), or use them as an avatar then please PM me first. I am not against it in principle but the owners of the systems and venue might be. I own the copyright on the images and was given permission to take and post them but this permission may be withdrawn at any time. Thankyou.]

M
:)

Last edited:

jaycey

I am in negotiations with the Mrs to be at the October meet, looking promising at the mo:)

Great photos and vids.

Thanks

Asherz

Some epic pics, looks like a really good meet.

I'll have to try and make it too one at some point, get too see some pretty cool lasers without having to buy them :D

HIMNL9

Also :wtf: they are sitting in front of the scanner with no glasses????

Well, i always found wonderful that those shows always end without a single blinded eye (or at least, none report them) ..... J/K :p :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

BTW, nice shows ;)

Morgan

They are all truely beautiful!

I have to admit I was a little worried when I walked into that room and saw eye hazards everywhere but, you know, it was fine. Although these scanners were capable of several watts each, they were all just about on tickover. Inevitably there were hits, (you can see this in some of the photos), but there were no lasting effects. I would like to know what decisions were made regarding, that's too bright, that's too low, etc, because I'm sure it was all considered beforehand. Do you know Andy?

Anyone who is a UKer and can go, should. Don't be thinking this'll save you any money though Asherz. You'll only come away wanting the bits to build another laser device! (muttering to one's self, "Yeah, just a small scanner. A small one will be ok. A small one couldn't hurt, could it?".)

I hope you don't upset the Mrs between now and then Jaycey!

Ok, a few more?

24e5h5i.jpg

s1uxqg.jpg

2wbxrtu.jpg

25yvs6e.jpg

fe2vfa.jpg

2mnkxty.jpg

x5xfeo.jpg

li5ts.jpg

M

Morgan

Thank you all kindly... :bowdown:

I can only imagine what the next one will bring after some new blue hue is installed in those machines!

M