Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TRUE green laser!

you two knock it off or your going to bed without food or lasers again :crackup:

HIMNL9

Hey, John, i said nothing, this time ..... it's not my guilty ..... BAAAAW ..... sniff :cryyy:

(j/k :D)

No, they decided to not release it, after that little accident happened during the first tests (hulk, remember ?) ..... :crackup:

Instead of shining a bluray onto GITD surfaces we could be turning people into Hulks!

daguin

Instead of shining a bluray onto GITD surfaces we could be turning people into Hulks!

Hey! Don't knock this idea. The She Hulk was HOT! :drool:

shehulk029.front.jpg

Peace,
dave

It's the green skin that messes me up.. makes me think she might have questionable personal hygiene..

Keep in mind some could turn badly...
EDIT: Since we're talking in Spanish now... Tené en cuenta que algunas podrían salir mal..

this-woman-totally-looks-like-jabba-the-hutt.jpg

Do I like spicy hot lime women? (sorry not a spanish speaker - thanks Google translate) No not really.. But then again I've never had a spicy hot lime.

I have a question about the true meaning of "true green"...

I'm about to order some stuff from DX and I was wondering about the difference between those two green lasers:

Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW
DealExtreme: $16.84 Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW
$16.84

True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen
DealExtreme: $20.90 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black
$20.90

Both are green, have the same power rating, and come in the same case, yet one is 4 bucks more expensive because it has the word "True" in its name...

What does "True" refer to? the wavelenght? the power rating? the quality of the module? The description of both items fail to enlighten me as to what the difference is. I wonder if at that power rating, it is powerful enough to pop a balloon (not that it's a prerequisite)...

On the other hand, i've been also thinking about getting a plain ol' module from them, seeing that many people have ordered from them, and that they have very good prices.

Robert

daguin

First off, read the thread NOT just the title. This thread has nothing to do with cheap pointers.

Second, the label "true" with these pointers is simply a marketing ploy that was originally used to note a change in "model." You will see no consistent or predictable difference between these two pointers.

You also will not really be able to predict whether you are really getting a 50mW pointer or not. Odds are you will NOT.

If you want to be sure, look to some of the dealers in the forum here. We police ourselves MUCH more strenuously than DX does.

You may have yet a different problem with DX. If you live in the US, they will not ship a pointer that is over 5mW. OK, SOME do get through, but the FDA and PayPal have been on their a$$e$ about it.

Go to the buy/sell/trade board and post a WTB (want to buy) thread.

Peace,
dave

I have a question about the true meaning of "true green"...
I'm about to order some stuff from DX and I was wondering about the difference between those two green lasers:
Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW
DealExtreme: $16.84 Green Laser Pointer Pen 50mW
$16.84
True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen
DealExtreme: $20.90 True 50mW Green Laser Pointer Pen Black
$20.90
Both are green, have the same power rating, and come in the same case, yet one is 4 bucks more expensive because it has the word "True" in its name...
What does "True" refer to? the wavelenght? the power rating? the quality of the module? The description of both items fail to enlighten me as to what the difference is. I wonder if at that power rating, it is powerful enough to pop a balloon (not that it's a prerequisite)...

On the other hand, i've been also thinking about getting a plain ol' module from them, seeing that many people have ordered from them, and that they have very good prices.
Robert

Last edited:
Thanks Daguin for the info... sorry if I diverged from the thread subject a bit, I was just curious about the usage of "true" when describing green lasers.

But I do understand about that new technology concerning real green light emitting laser diodes without the complex prisms and filters...

I should be OK with DX since i'm in Quebec. So I guess your experience with DX wasn't up to your standards? They do have some very nice prices for their tools and computer accessories...

But as per your recommendation, I will look into other sellers before buying any green stuff. :D
Robert

Last edited:

daguin

This thread was pretty much dead, so it didn't matter much to it. You will notice that Niko and I had already started SPAMMING it ;)

The problem is that those who were following the thread would NOT be looking to help with choosing a cheap pointer.

I use DX all the time. I have two orders pending with them right now. The problem with DX for this kind of thing is that they are simply a re-shipper/distributor. They don't make or test anything. Whatever the supplier sends them, they send you. When looking for a higher powered pointer, the odds of it being up to spec are small.

Peace,
dave

Thanks Daguin for the info... sorry if I diverged from the thread subject a bit, I was just curious about the usage of "true" when describing green lasers.

But I do understand about that new technology concerning real green light emitting laser diodes without the complex prisms and filters...

I should be OK with DX since i'm in Quebec. So I guess your experience with DX wasn't up to your standards? They do have some very nice prices for their tools and computer accessories...

But as per your recommendation, I will look into other sellers before buying any green stuff. :D
Robert