Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TRACKING OF YOUR IGORT's LASER ORDER!

I was informed that my repair job (less than a single battery usage before death!) and my additional purchase of a 6x blu-ray were to be sent before batch 2.

Bought the most recent one over two months ago. :mad:

WizardKing England Blu-ray repair 6x (b4 batch2) 21/11/08 Before B2 NO

WizardKing England Blu-ray 6x (b4 batch2) 16/1/09 Before B2 NO

Spent almost £400 and can't even obtain a reply to an e-mail :mad: :mad:

mgc8

guastafeste said:
i dont believe neither that those 10 packages (to be delivered to 10 different european countries) got lost!!!!

Why is it so hard to believe? The packages are not sent on their way immediately after you leave them at the post office, they are first put in bags that get sent to a central triage, and only afterwards are they sent sepparately to their destinations. If something (anything) happened in this first stage, they may all be sitting in one or several large postal bags and the people in charge could simply have misplaced the information about what's inside. If this has happened around the time of that snowstorm, it is very possible that a long queue of such bags had to be stored and processed after the storm ended, thus making for tired and overstressed postal workers. It's not that hard for something to go wrong, and packages (even more than 10) do get lost occasionally...

That being said, please keep in mind that I can not know for sure that was the case, just like everyone else here. All this is speculation, but it is at least an educated guess based on what has been posted in these threads. I would be more than happy to be wrong about this, but please tell: where are the lasers then?

@trinity_2200: gustafeste is in Batch #2, he's ordered in January -- see the first post in the thread...

mgc8 said:
but it is at least an educated guess based on what has been posted in these threads...
Perhaps you missed my last post....
Traveller said:
Igor mailed me (err, a week after I mailed him...) on the 11th and told me mine should arrive the same week or early the following week.

That snowstorm your mentioned (one of roughly half a dozen annually...  ::)) happend way before 11.03 (3/11).

Well, in October of the last year I bought from Igor one red laser in a black romisen host; in hanuary 2009  it died  :':) so, with Igor agreement, the 24 of January I shipped it back to him to have it repaired. The last answer I received from Igor about this laser is dated February 8:

" P.S. I got your red. :)
I'll replace the diode as soon as i can "

Now up with the 6x: in his last message on this Forum (relevant to his financial declaration problems) he said that for batch 3 he had not yet asked the money to some people; that's true, I'm one of them: I sent him the official order in date February 12, and I never received the confirmation.

So I think it's not only a shipping/ lost packages problem: I think, and I want to underline: "it's my personal opinion", that Igor is in big troubles (I'ld be really happy to see I'm wrong); the only thing I can do is waiting with patience that all his troubles go to end....

hey you people i only build a small amount of lasers ,nothing like igort
but just trying to do a small amount drove me crazy-lost package failed diode or driver multiple orders i pretty much quit only because it took way to much time -work family-hobby will make you crazy we are lucky we have Igor-daguin-kenom and many more we lost jayrob cause of this be happy this is still offered by some you wont see me selling any bulk soon not that my little modules mattered , lets not ruin whats left though -i made a few bucks off each unit -fun but not worth it ;)

there is a possibility that all the packages got lost.....but to be honest i think that is not the real issue......i would really like to know what is really going on as all of you!

Wizardking: i spent almost 400£ as well, just be patient and all will get solved! ::)(hopefully)..

i know it is frustrating when you cant even get a few words reply!!if he doesnt answer there is probably a serious reason (which we know what it is....or do we?)
it doesnt take hours to reply a single yes, it has been posted or no, it hasnt been posted email, we all know that!but when you are talking about 30, 40 differenet emails it gets a little bit more complicated!
it is a week until the end of march and hopefully by then igor would have managed to solve his problems and everything will get back to normal!

murrat

I updated the list.
Jriga has received his BluRay.
ANyone receiving his/her BluRay forgets all about that list ;D
I can't blame them as they are so happy to receive their BluRays after a long waiting :cool:

jriga

murrat said:
I updated the list.
Jriga has received his BluRay.
ANyone receiving his/her BluRay forgets all about that list  ;D
I can't blame them as they are so happy to receive their BluRays after a long waiting  :cool:

I already received, posted to resell, resold, shipped, and it's already arrived to the new owner! :eek:

I'm really disappointed to see all of this... I don't say this to incite fear or further frustration, just to state FACT.
You have 45 days when paying with PayPal to start a dispute for an item you paid for but never received.

If you think IgorT may really be in some trouble and won't be shipping any further, it wouldn't hurt ANYONE (not even Igor) to start a dispute. I'm sure he would understand, and your money would be safe until this all gets sorted out.

mgc8

jriga said:
I already received, posted to resell, resold, shipped, and it's already arrived to the new owner!  :eek:
I think it should be obvious by now that all US orders from Batch #2 were shipped and received. The problem lies with all the rest from Europe/Asia/Australia/etc. that never received anything for whatever reason. I must stress here that the US order was specifically shipped with a "different, more reliable" company as per Igor's words...

jriga said:
You have 45 days when paying with PayPal to start a dispute for an item you paid for but never received.
That really doesn't help much the people that ordered all the way back in January, now does it :-/ And in any case, I don't want my money back except as a last resort, I want the laser! And I want Igor to be happy and be able to continue with all this, there are only a few capable people that build high-quality lasers and we need all of them here; starting disputes may not be the best way towards that goal and may actually make others think twice when starting a build like this...

Before anyone rushes to their PayPal account, may I kindly remind you that they are not the friendliest bunch and they are very quick to pull the trigger. They seize merchant's money without notice and they even try to get money back from empty bank accounts, leading to unfriendly calls from the banks to the people in question. The last thing Igor needs right now is for PayPal to freeze his account with all the money in it, or for his bank to start making nasty phone-calls. I think if it comes to it, he will be able to simply refund everyone their money as soon as the fog surrounding his life clears up... Call me an eternal optimist, but I don't think his dream was to run away with a few hobbyists' money :)

jriga

mgc8 said:
[quote author=jriga link=1236667117/48#55 date=1237924803]I already received, posted to resell, resold, shipped, and it's already arrived to the new owner!  :eek:
I think it should be obvious by now that all US orders from Batch #2 were shipped and received. The problem lies with all the rest from Europe/Asia/Australia/etc. that never received anything for whatever reason. I must stress here that the US order was specifically shipped with a "different, more reliable" company as per Igor's words...

jriga said:
That really doesn't help much the people that ordered all the way back in January, now does it :-/ And in any case, I don't want my money back except as a last resort, I want the laser! Call me an eternal optimist, but I don't think his dream was to run away with a few hobbyists' money :)[/quote]

Yes, it MIGHT help. PayPal makes exceptions for many circumstances - you'll never know unless you call and DISCUSS your options. I am aware that you "want your laser"... I am also aware that you don't have your laser. Or your money. And that you can not get an email from Igor. And that Igor has been unable to post for weeks.

As I CLEARLY stated, starting a dispute does NOT seize the money from Igor, NOR does it lock his account. You really need to read the PP terms before you post this crap.

ALL it does is 'reserve' your money in his account until he can respond and get it settled. That's it. He has time to answer and to ship if he hasn't already, etc... this is the 1st step in letting PP know you didn't get your item.

It's there FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE. Use it if you are uncomfortable or unsure... use it because Igor can't make it back to a computer to write everyone and let people know what happened. Whatever your reason for using it is, it is YOUR own. It doesn't have to be his fault, or done on purpose, or anything evil... something has happened to Igor and the smart thing to do for people who have not received lasers is to protect their money.

"Call me an eternal optimist, but I don't think his dream was to run away with a few hobbyists' money"
NO SHIT! ::) No one thinks Igor has made off with fifteen thousand bucks to retire in the Bahamas. Whatever happened to Igor was out of his control - I can almost guarantee it. If it was government/taxes/customs, then it's a real possibility he will be gone for a spell while he gets it sorted out. You can walk on the safe side and reserve your funds while it all gets sorted out, or you can take the chance you'll be left holding nothing at the end of all this.

You've made your choice... but don't discourage other people from making their own.

jriga:

sincerely, I don't understand you! Who said that Igor won't be shipping any further? Nobody, only you wrote it. I already said that Igor is absolutely trustable (see FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays - Reply #1382).

The content of my last message on this post was to clarify my own supposition that Igor was in big troubles, and just to support him I wrote: "...the only thing I can do is waiting with patience that all his troubles go to end.... "

Guastafeste too was answering to WizardKing to be patient....

mgc8 too said that his will is to support Igor: the two last sentences of his reply #56 are clear beyond any doubt: he is not willing to start a PP dispute, and I totally agree with him.

So THE FACT that you for first wrote: "You have 45 days when paying with PayPal to start a dispute for an item you paid for but never received." and your last sentence: "You've made your choice... but don't discourage other people from making their own" has no sense (I hope).

One thing has left me confused: the fact that only three days after the receipt of your 6x BR (with plenty of enthusiastic assertions, pictures gallery, etc), you have put the laser on sale....

jriga

FrancoRob said:
jriga:

sincerely, I don't understand you! Who said that Igor won't be shipping any further? Nobody, only you wrote it. I already said that Igor is absolutely trustable (see FS: >110mW PHR, >140mW 4x & >170mW 6x Blu-Rays - Reply #1382).

The content of my last message on this post was to clarify my own supposition that Igor was in big troubles, and just to support him I wrote: "...the only thing I can do is waiting with patience that all his troubles go to end.... "

Guastafeste too was answering to WizardKing to be patient....

mgc8 too said that his will is to support Igor: the two last sentences of his reply #56 are clear  beyond any doubt: he is not willing to start a PP dispute, and I totally agree with him.

So THE FACT that you for first wrote: "You have 45 days when paying with PayPal to start a dispute for an item you paid for but never received." and your last sentence: "You've made your choice...  but don't discourage other people from making their own" has no sense (I hope).

One thing has left me confused: the fact that only three days after the  receipt of your 6x BR (with plenty of enthusiastic assertions, pictures gallery, etc), you have put the laser on sale....

The reason for my 6x sale was very clear - it was to build my OWN 6x (or 8x depending on how it goes with 'daguin's testing). Don't stress it too much - I already ordered a host and have been hanging around to see 6x's come back in stock, or 8x's drop in price on eBay.  I have a friend who is going to make a custom heatsink, etc... so... when my build is done, perhaps you'll be less confused when you see a new photo gallery and specs for the build.

You don't want to create a resolution with PayPal - great!  Don't!  I honestly could care less.  My laser has already come and gone... the ONLY reason for me to post again was to provide a small piece of info many people probably do not know regarding PayPal... There is no mystery here and it's your prerogative.

Whatever has Igor preoccupied is large and is CLEARLY more important than your (and many other) lasers.  Perhaps Slovenia's tax department has stalled his business, or his assets.  Perhaps customs has some issue.  Perhaps he got deep in to something and is having trouble digging out.  Maybe he's just busy.  Either way, UK lasers are missing and you are getting ZERO information about why.  People who sent lasers in DECEMBER 2008 for REPAIR haven't even seen their lasers yet.  So CLEARLY something has gone very wrong.  I can tell you this much - if I was still waiting for my laser, I'd have a PayPal dispute open to protect me AND Igor.  What if his taxes are so messed up they freeze his accounts to sort it out - US IRS does this ALL the time.  I'd rather have my money reserved instead of in limbo.

I have stated CLEARLY time and time again that I'm sure he's not doing anything evil or on purpose, and that all the lasers will eventually show up as he gets things sorted out - but in case I'm wrong (and you and everyone else) it might be best to reserve your funds.

I'm not defending myself anymore - I'm done with it.  I've said all I have to say about this issue - from here everyone has read the thread and gets to make their own adult decision.

I also think it's hilarious to see you say, "I already said that Igor is absolutely trustable"... you've never met the guy, you don't know the guy, you have no idea what his business does - all you know is that he has a good reputation on LPF and that now he has disappeared to deal with a tax issue.  You don't know any more than anyone else.  Igor might be a great guy, but Slovenian customs aren't, and Slovenia's Tax Department isn't... my point is you have ZERO idea what Igor does other than make lasers and other electronics.  There could be any number of things that have him scrambling or in trouble - and that trouble could take a couple weeks or a large number of months to fix - or it may never be fixed.

Don't question Igor, or his ethic. But DO question the misfortune that has come his way!!  Wish the best for him! Hope he gets his issues all sorted out quickly and easily!  But don't kid yourself... there IS the chance you will lose your cash and never get a laser.  We have learned that UK has no internal customs - so there is NO good reason for a shipping time of over a month - NO REASON AT ALL.

This is the only important sentence:
It doesn't hurt Igor AT ALL for you to place your funds on reserve with PayPal.  NOT AT ALL - NOT ONE BIT.  It does NOT hurt his account, or his standing with PayPal, or his cash flow, or the money he has in his bank account.  ALL IT DOES IS SECURE YOUR MONEY, in case something has gone so wrong that Igor will be unable to fix it anytime soon.

I am 1000% sure Igor WANTS to ship lasers and make everyone happy - but I think it's CRYSTAL CLEAR that something is preventing him from doing so.  And I highly doubt Igor has ANY control over it - otherwise it would be solved.  Knowing these simple facts makes the decision easy (if it was me).  Better to be safe than sorry and I believe Igor would agree, were he in a position to post or email.

With that I am DONE.  Best of luck to you all, sincerely!

mgc8

jriga said:
As I CLEARLY stated, starting a dispute does NOT seize the money from Igor, NOR does it lock his account.  You really need to read the PP terms before you post this crap.
The only one posting "crap" is you. I not only "read" the PP terms I also know quite a lot about their act from the merchant side, which you don't seem to grasp that well. The mere fact that you say "this won't hurt Igor" shows you have no idea about the way PP works and what happens when someone starts getting "harmless disputes".

First of all, PP can act in extremely rash and unexpected ways towards people that don't do anything wrong -- i.e. block their accounts for "security reasons" and keep their money hostage for months on end. But when there is reason to believe a user may have done something, not only do they flag the account (which may require the owner to post more documents, to phone them or whatever before being allowed to make further transactions) but they can also take all the steps to recover the "fraudulent" money.

In our particular case, what do you suppose would happen when Igor suddenly receives 20-30 disputes at once? I'd wager a bet that PP won't lovingly mail him concerned about his well-being. Most likely they'll just block the account. What's more, if he does not reply to their inquiries (maybe because he is too busy at the moment) they will start refunding people. How that works is they first use your account balance, but if Igor already spent that money they will try and take it form his bank. And no, this is not hearsay, this is talking from experience. Waking up to a negative bank ballance simply because PP decided to "recover" funds from you is not the best way to start a morning, especially when you've got other problems too!

jriga said:
You've made your choice...  but don't discourage other people from making their own.
This whole thing doesn't actually concern you anymore, so why are you so keen on protecting other people's money? You seem very intent on incouraging them to start disputes. The only difference is I am trying to appeal to their charitable side and give Igor another chance, while you want them to be selfish and only think about themselves.

Let's get this clear: starting a dispute now will help you get your money if push comes to shove. Yes, it's a good thing to do if you believe you're never gonna see a laser or you've had enough. But don't do this with the vane assumption that it "won't hurt Igor" because it WILL!

Over and out.

mgc8 said:
Waking up to a negative bank ballance simply because PP decided to "recover" funds from you is not the best way to start a morning
Just for my information, you think that waking up with 10.000$ that don't belong to you is better?

jriga

dr-ebert said:
[quote author=mgc8 link=1236667117/48#60 date=1237972322]Waking up to a negative bank ballance simply because PP decided to "recover" funds from you is not the best way to start a morning
Just for my information, you think that waking up with 10.000$ that don't belong to you is better?
[/quote]

Well said... very well said!

jriga

mgc8 said:
[quote author=jriga link=1236667117/48#57 date=1237927352]As I CLEARLY stated, starting a dispute does NOT seize the money from Igor, NOR does it lock his account.  You really need to read the PP terms before you post this crap.
The only one posting "crap" is you. I not only "read" the PP terms I also know quite a lot about their act from the merchant side, which you don't seem to grasp that well. The mere fact that you say "this won't hurt Igor" shows you have no idea about the way PP works and what happens when someone starts getting "harmless disputes".

First of all, PP can act in extremely rash and unexpected ways towards people that don't do anything wrong -- i.e. block their accounts for "security reasons" and keep their money hostage for months on end. But when there is reason to believe a user may have done something, not only do they flag the account (which may require the owner to post more documents, to phone them or whatever before being allowed to make further transactions) but they can also take all the steps to recover the "fraudulent" money.

In our particular case, what do you suppose would happen when Igor suddenly receives 20-30 disputes at once? I'd wager a bet that PP won't lovingly mail him concerned about his well-being. Most likely they'll just block the account. What's more, if he does not reply to their inquiries (maybe because he is too busy at the moment) they will start refunding people. How that works is they first use your account balance, but if Igor already spent that money they will try and take it form his bank. And no, this is not hearsay, this is talking from experience. Waking up to a negative bank ballance simply because PP decided to "recover" funds from you is not the best way to start a morning, especially when you've got other problems too!

jriga said:
You've made your choice...  but don't discourage other people from making their own.
This whole thing doesn't actually concern you anymore, so why are you so keen on protecting other people's money? You seem very intent on incouraging them to start disputes. The only difference is I am trying to appeal to their charitable side and give Igor another chance, while you want them to be selfish and only think about themselves.

Let's get this clear: starting a dispute now will help you get your money if push comes to shove. Yes, it's a good thing to do if you believe you're never gonna see a laser or you've had enough. But don't do this with the vane assumption that it "won't hurt Igor" because it WILL!

Over and out.[/quote]

I've been a PayPal Member since 2000. By my count that's 9 years. I am a PowerSeller on eBay with 100% positive feedback. I think I'm qualified to speak about PayPal. I have also had to deal with PayPal when things get rough - and it's no day at the park. The earlier you start the process, the better your chances of getting PayPal to help you out. Like I said before, for many people this is the end of the road, and if there is even a TINY chance they will want their money back (now or in the future), then NOW is the only time to file with PayPal. Any further down the road, and PayPal will most likely say, "Sorry, we can't help you."

PayPal will then send Igor an email asking for verification of shipment, tracking number, and delivery receipt. If Igor provides these (usually within a week or so) then all is good. If Igor does not respond, the money paid for the laser will move backwards through the system... back in to the purchaser's account.

THEY WILL NOT TAKE MONEY FROM IGOR'S BANK ACCOUNT. Why don't you read?? He is in Slovenia. PP is in the USA. Igor is NOT ALLOWED TO TRANSFER MONEY to a bank account BECAUSE HE LIVES IN SLOVENIA. The ONLY balance available to PayPal is Igor's actual, physical PayPal balance. That's IT. NO MORE. Only the money he has collected for lasers is available to refund to people. Not one cent in his business or personal accounts with real banks be touched by reserving your money. NOT ONE CENT.

You're right, it doesn't concern me anymore. But last time I checked, you join a forum to contribute - not just to bitch and moan. You don't like my post? Fine. You don't want your money back, fine. We get it. Now shut up. This isn't an argument and was NEVER intended to be. It's simple instructions so people know THEY DO have options. You have stated your opinion, now chill out and let people make informed decisions. You are posting FALSE information about the PayPal process based on some poor experience you have had and that DOES NOT apply to Igor in Slovenia.

You may appeal to everyone's "charitable" side and end up costing them all THOUSAND OF DOLLARS... and for what? Why? If Igor is in trouble he may be UNABLE to help or build or refund. In that case who are you providing charity to? The Slovenian government? The taxation department? WHO?! In my opinion, charity has gone far enough... 2 or 3 months is unacceptable and if people aren't going to get their lasers, they could at least have their money. It's not fair or right that all US Lasers were shipped and received while UK customers are left with nothing - not even an email! You're questioning ME because I am posting some info that might be useful for some members?!?! I should be questioning YOU on why you'd want to keep this information silenced!!

Asking people to be selfish? Are you kidding me? For some people this has been going on for 2 or 3 months! You're telling me that's ok? Well I'm telling you, IT'S NOT. Even though people have been giving Igor the benefit of the doubt, they are still not receiving lasers or refunds. And maybe this week, and next week they'll still feel "charitable"... but maybe a few weeks from now they won't feel the same way? THE POINT is that if, at ANY time in the future, they MIGHT want a refund... NOW is the only time they have to request it.

Normally I am VERY against posting emails, but below I have attached part of an email I got from Igor on Jan 20, 2009 explaining how he uses his PayPal account and how it is NOT linked to his bank account, so that everyone knows the real deal with PayPal.

Attachments

• Picture_1_004.png
    Picture_1_004.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 79