Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

TOP 30 - BEAMSHOT COMPETITION NUMBER ONE! Vote for your favorites now :)

Why not just make it a normal LPF poll where the entries are labelled with numbers and then the pictures they reference are in the first post?

From memory from the poll I just started in the Off Topic section, The maximum entries you are allowed is around 10. Maybe use the current poll to get the top X and then change it into a Poll on LPF

Edit: Dam got beaten to it =P

Last edited:
Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, you could always do manual votings...? Just have each person post once?

Hmm. That's unfortunate. Well, you could always do manual votings...? Just have each person post once?

But then there's the issue of people possibly changing (editing) votes post me-counting-them. I thought of all this! I'm going to make it an LPF poll for the top 10 :) We'll just have to use this to get there.

You said there were 35 entries, but you could only find a poll system for 30. Can we see the other 5?

Also, is it bad if I'm partly judging on the basis of how much I think the person needs new lasers? Because my issue with ones like, say, #1, is it's clear that its owner will probably just throw their new lasers in the bin pretty quickly after receiving them. I know I shouldn't, it just seems like it'd be too easy to get a good picture when armed with a scanner - that doesn't mean they shouldn't have entered, since the point in this ultimately is to get people to try out taking photos and to have a collection of cool pictures, but doesn't seem fair that they should win.

Last edited:
I actually deleted the email account already.. I'll leave it to the submitters. If they don't see their pictures in the top 30 then they can post them here.

I also snapped a shot myself a little bit before the deadline just in my room and was going to enter it to see how it did (it wouldn't be able to win of course) but when I had to cut some out I cut mine out too.

19.jpg

So many fine shots...it was hard to decide.
:kewlpics:
Trying to keep it as honest as I can I cast my vote. I will only vote the once.
I will add that I would like to steal my choice so I can use it as my avatar...lasers and music just go hand in hand ya know...
Although #13 was an excellent composition, it looks more like a textbook cover. If you included the source lasers in the shot it would have added a little more to it, in my opinion.
Still, it would make a great poster !
And the reflections and refractions pic would make a great marketing presentation for hand held lasers. Shows all sorts of things that questions are asked about all the time. A very useful tool.
I could go on about so many but there isn't time.
Well done to all and I hope to be in the next one. (Stuff on order...)
:gj:

Some beautiful shots there:drool:

Voted for #6... I love to see beams slice through the sky:p

Whoever did #26... please for the love of god don't pull those pants down:crackup:

mine is still on 0 along with another 6! I was tempted to do something like 26 except the laser coming out my butt

People love comedy, people love lasers, use one gluteus maximus as the combining optic and presto! :crackup:

"except the laser coming out my butt "

Not exactly what the definition of "Hand-held" is...
And perhaps a sharing violation worth 2 minutes in the penalty box IF you actually posted a picture.:spank:
But the backstory about who you get to take the picture and just how the "object" is dealt with afterwards should get you lots of sick comments.
Eeeeewwwwwwwwww.
:eek: