Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

tj got banned????

I check the forums all day and night. When did techjunkie get banned?? and for what this time? :wtf: (insert snide comment here)

Looks like "banned" just means banned for posting, he shows as "online". Maybe it's an automatic ban after getting too many neg rep points in a short while? He should have gotten a notification explaining the reason in any case (I'd guess).

I asked c0ld to lock that thread. Potential flamewar was imminent.

Looks pretty legit to me, the Banned text is where his Class XX should be so I don't think he could fake it.

dang.... it's funny, without him here I realize now that i must have had Stockholm Syndrome...

Love him or hate him, he's a true drama queen (king).. Ask any TV producer.. drama gets the ratings. I'll miss him if it's permanent. Quality entertainment, and he's honest about who he is. If he was a troll that refused to admit his trollness it would be a different matter altogether, but he'll tell you he's a troll. If you feed him, it's at your own risk..

i cant say ill miss him. hes been on my ignore list for quite a while now..

I'm with ElektroFreak on this one. TJ definitely was aiming to be the undisputed top forum troll, trying so hard that it was quite touching...

I too wondered for a while whether TJ could have engineered that "banned" label, it would be his style.

I hate him, it's great that he's banned~!

That's just because you let him get to you. That's the trick with people like him. They are always looking to push your buttons. If you walk around all day with your buttons carefully and clearly labeled (by giving him opportunities) then it's pretty easy for him to push them.

What I mean by this is that he clearly stated on MANY occasions that he finds pleasure through trolling. OK, that's fine as far as I'm concerned, since now that I know that I just take everything he says with a grain of salt, and I watch what I say to him. It's like he comes with a warning label, like cigarettes. If you smoke the cigarettes after you read the warning label, then if you get cancer it's more your fault than the cigarette's fault.

That's just because you let him get to you. That's the trick with people like him. They are always looking to push your buttons. If you walk around all day with your buttons carefully and clearly labeled (by giving him opportunities) then it's pretty easy for him to push them.

What I mean by this is that he clearly stated on MANY occasions that he finds pleasure through trolling. OK, that's fine as far as I'm concerned, since now that I know that I just take everything he says with a grain of salt, and I watch what I say to him. It's like he comes with a warning label, like cigarettes. If you smoke the cigarettes after you read the warning label, then if you get cancer it's more your fault than the cigarette's fault.

You'd better be trollin'
Because I can't believe you're defending a troll.

I'm not defending him. I'm just saying that he's quality entertainment. And more importantly I'm saying that in life we all run into people just like him. If you give him the opportunity to piss you off after he has explicitly said that he is looking to piss you off, who's fault is that? It's not his, that's for sure. You were warned.

Maybe this analogy would work better:

You're at the zoo. You walk up to the lion's cage and there is a sign that says "DO NOT STICK HANDS IN CAGE!!! THE LION WOULD LOVE TO EAT THEM!!". If you stick your hand in the cage anyway, then it's not the lion's fault that you now only have one hand. Of course you will be pissed off at the lion for eating your hand, but you can't say you weren't warned.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't condone trolling or eating of hands, but at least T_J would tell you straight to your face that he was trying to troll just like that sign says straight to your face that the lion would love to eat your hand.

Last edited:
quality entertainment

C'mon, stop trolling...seriously.

Man, by now you should have noticed that I'm untrollable. He tried several times and didn't succeed ;)

I think your analogy is too light. I think of it more like: We're in a class room and there's a rapist sitting at the back of the room. The rapist is a rapist because he has striked several times and is known to be a rapist by everybody. Nobody knows why he's there in class and not in jail, where he belongs.