Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Time to show the World the Big Laser-community !!!

If we all switched on our Lasers at the same time from Timezone to Timezone at, for example 9:00PM, for exact 3 Minutes.
I think it should be possible to do it in a save way. If the Beams goes exactly 90 degrees up, it isn´t possible something can happen to a Pilots Eye.

Just imagine how many Fotos or vids we could see at the news.

Please, if you see that as a bad Idea dont kick my ass red, do explain it to me how or where you see a problem.

Thank you.

Please, if you see that as a bad Idea dont kick my ass red, do explain it to me how or where you see a problem.

Thank you.

I know that I'm new here, and as such have no weight to my opinion, but...

one glaring problem?

How about hitting a pilot or some other aircraft with the beams?

^^^ what he(MrB) said!!!

ATM the less attention the better of that kind.

solo mis dos centavos

I don't think the members want to be at the news. many 'unrresponsible people' will head to LPF and will start buying the high powered lasers
more retards with 1W on their hands = more blinds = more tight the laws against lasers = good (and bad) people without lasers.
thats my opinion

só meus dois centavos :beer:

I know that I'm new here, and as such have no weight to my opinion, but...

one glaring problem?

How about hitting a pilot or some other aircraft with the beams?

I think if we all act resposible and careful in a angle of 90 degrees it is no ones eye in danger. _l

Attachments

• image201101060002.jpg
    image201101060002.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 266
Yes, but in this way we could show how many we are and how careful we act.
At the moment crowd thinking Laserist are just a few dumbasses. In Switzerland so far. The will be surprised how many People like Lasering and they have to say, ok it happens really almost nothing bad and could see we act responsible and careful. Those stupids blinding Pilots are not the real ones of us.

Just a thought.

Yes, but in this way we could show how many we are and how careful we act.
At the moment crowd thinking Laserist are just a few dumbasses. In Switzerland so far. The will be surprised how many People like Lasering and they have to say, ok it happens really almost nothing bad and could see we act responsible and careful. Those stupids blinding Pilots are not the real ones of us.

Just a thought.

I just looked at your photos- I think I can appreciate what you would like to do but..... it would be only a cool thing to us(laser lovers) but not so much the the rest of thr world and nothing like what I saw in your awesome qlbum photos. Thank you for sharing them.

Things are quite different in the USA. I really do not think any show just like the one you attended would be allowed here. you are lucky(unless you get eye-zapped too much!)

A lot of people in the US associate lasers with laser gun sights and there is too much made of every incident of laser vs aircraft. You might be surprized to know that the people who do shows like the one you attended would very likely think a mass sky lasering would be a bad idea. New Laws pertaining to lasers could effect them greatly while they do not, as a rule ever send their photons anywhere not entirely planned and thought out. I recommend attending a LEM in your area-

sent you a PM
peace
hak

i just want to point out that your drawing is super bad ass.

Thanks for your kind words. As far as i know Airplanes dosent have glass-subfloor. And i didn´t ment do targed Planes. Just in case it would happen a Plane pass your beam with 800 km/h. But teach me. I might be wrong.

Planes probably aren't in any danger, but you might attract unwanted attention to yourselves. A max of maybe 40 people might get this message and act on it, which will make for a rather unspectacular show since they won't be in the same place.

To hakzaw1
Haha, i never ment to produce a freaking Lasershow up to the Sky. Just simple straight Beams with our Handhelds. Anything else would be to dangerous.

vk2fro

Planes dont always fly flat and level - if a plane is doing a steep banking turn or similar, that 90° beam may still enter the cockpit. A slim chance, but still possible, especially on smaller aircraft whos side windows are larger compared with a jetliner.

your idea would look cool from space on a timelapse - a kinda laser mexican wave.

Planes dont always fly flat and level - if a plane is doing a steep banking turn or similar, that 90° beam may still enter the cockpit. A slim chance, but still possible, especially on smaller aircraft whos side windows are larger compared with a jetliner.

your idea would look cool from space on a timelapse - a kinda laser mexican wave.

your idea would be invisable from space

I doubt you could see any handhelds even short distance away. Even i foggy conditions.

go try it-- I lasered some puffs of smoke that came of fireworks shot off in my neighborhood-- I could see it but I was told by others around that they did not even notice my 1 W 445- 350 mW green- 500mW 12X nor my 380 mW 650nm Red
-
you would need many Ws of Green to be seen from very far.

they might have been visable by a low flying aircraft but that would be the last thing I would want.

solo mi dos centavos

edit Qumefox make a very important point below in post # 15-

so lets put this idea away-- we can gather someday and sing Kum-by-ah around the fire and do the laser wave.

Last edited:
Not to mention in the US, it's illegal to operate a laser over 5mW in public without an FDA variance.. and to shine one one up into airspace without prior approval of the FAA..

Not to mention in the US, it's illegal to operate a laser over 5mW in public without an FDA variance.. and to shine one one up into airspace without prior approval of the FAA..

Ok, i see you are a very very faithfully citizen. The Law rules its a
matter-of-fact.:san: