Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Three years of lurking, two as a member and finally, a hello

Zillah

:D

Hey all, I've been a member for a while now, though haven't been very active.. I read a lot more than I type and have gotten to know a lot of y'all vicariously through threads/tiffs/instructables etc.

I've mad it through a few builds now and would say I'm *finally* past the "newb" status, though not anything more.. And I'm not sure that I really have much info to contribute, but if asked, I will do my best :na:

I just like doing builds, reading and researching everything laser related.. I could/do do it all day long.. After that first build, I've been hooked!

Glad to see you're posting here!

Keep us updated with your builds :beer:

tonyt

:D

Hey all, I've been a member for a while now, though haven't been very active.. I read a lot more than I type and have gotten to know a lot of y'all vicariously through threads/tiffs/instructables etc.

I've mad it through a few builds now and would say I'm *finally* past the "newb" status, though not anything more.. And I'm not sure that I really have much info to contribute, but if asked, I will do my best :na:

I just like doing builds, reading and researching everything laser related.. I could/do do it all day long.. After that first build, I've been hooked!

Love your sig :yh:

Hello Zillah, its nice to see someone else here from Washington state. Somehow there doesn't seem to be very many of us.

Alan

IsaacT

Welcome! I see you have been here for quite some time. It is a rare breed who stays silent for such a long time. Enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing your build threads, review threads, etc.

:beer:
-Isaac

Zillah

So much word-vomit and repetitious questions that I never really has a whole lot to say or ask as this forum literally encompasses every question I've had thus far.. A lot of help came from DTR, but I mainly kept off the forums as I 1. Really had nothing but a "hello" to contribute and 2. All I could think %99 of the time was "THIS HAS BEEN ANSWERED FIFTY BILLION TIMES, JACKA$$!! LEARN TO SEARCH!"

Now that I feel I have a little more than keyboard experience, (I actually took a small electronics class just to be more proficient in soldering etc.) I might have something more than space to occupy on an already packed forum :beer:
Welcome! I see you have been here for quite some time. It is a rare breed who stays silent for such a long time. Enjoy your stay, and I look forward to seeing your build threads, review threads, etc.

:beer:
-Isaac

welcome (back ) Z

You may want to check out NWLEM- a laser geek meet every year in Portland- worth the drive for sure- search that at google and check out the vids at YTube do that also for SELEM
heads up on posting--
when the last post is one of yours just hit edit at the bottom of that post and add to it instead of 'double posting' you can copypasta those above and combine then delete.

we also have a google member map where you can find others to share the 'addiction' with-- any member who owns a meter will measure the output for you free.. ( if not let us know 'cause its a tradition to do that for fellow members. )

hak

Zillah

Thanks for the tip! I don't honestly get on forums much, so tricks like that are helpful =)

I actually travel to Portland pretty regularly for work.. That would be a great thing to get involved with, I appreciate the info

You are very welcome-
I have met(4 times) the host of NWLEM=Jonathon user name 'platinum' - great guy-great friend.
To be up to date on LEMs its best to follow the posts/treads in the
'meets n greets' section at the lasershow forum-google SELEM
and look for a link to that forum-if you join it be sure to subscribe to the LEM that you have interest in- that way you get an email about new posts.

If your travels ever take you to N.C. mid Aug- try to make SELEM- biggest baddest and best of all LEMs IMHO.

I have met and networked with so many fine members of the laser community that alone makes the trip worth the effort and $$.

Word of WARNING- both LEMs and laser projectors can also be highly addictive. Symptoms included 'empty wallet syndrome' , 'lose of vacation time' , burnt pixels on your camers(s), lose of interest in handhelds, and a need to share the love for lasershows & PJs with folks that never judge or ask you WHY.

*********68****************

Last edited: