Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Three Diode by ARG

For me red rep is no problem,because I am not a seller.I am just ordinary people that buy and enjoy laser.about the laser pro in this forum, I must ask permit from him first to post his name here.and I already plan if he fix the laser sent to one of moderator here for ask help review and then sent back to me.

yeah, you may not care about the neg rep now since you arent a seller but try to buy a laser from someone on here with neg rep......wont happen

Also if its a "laser pro" like you said, they will have no problem saying their name since they are helping solve the problem. Also if he is a "laser pro" then why does he need to send it to a Mod for examination? That doesnt sound like a pro to me :thinking:

Hey Johan,

I didn't receive that email. I am PMing you my address, can you resend it?

There is most definitely a problem if it is only reading 2W on an LPM. One of the 9mm diodes alone should be lasing at over 2W.
I tested out the laser before sending you and it burnt white paper, just as the 4.4W laser did.
You requested a video showing the lasers burning capability, I showed it burning a piece of wood. I would have been more than happy to demonstrate the results on paper if it had been requested.

I sent the e-mail 5 June 2013,And still exist in my delivery mail report.

The laser can burn a piece of wood too here like my other 2W laser just cant set on fire on white paper,even the just 15 cm away from the paper.

ARG

I trust Johan, he was good to do business with. The laser should NOT be operating at 2W. It could be that it got damaged during shipping, or that protected cells are being used which is limiting the current draw, or one of the diodes died, or there is a driver failure, or another problem.
Nobody should be jumping to conclusions.

@pauljohn
Please contact me so we can get this resolved. I sent you a PM.

I sent the e-mail 5 June 2013,And still exist in my delivery mail report.

The laser can burn a piece of wood too here like my other 2W laser just cant set on fire on white paper,even the just 15 cm away from the paper.

I do not have the email. I checked my spam as well, just in case. Can you please resend it? I sent you my email via PM again. We can also use PM's on LPF.

Last edited:
yeah, you may not care about the neg rep now since you arent a seller but try to buy a laser from someone on here with neg rep......wont happen

Also if its a "laser pro" like you said, they will have no problem saying their name since they are helping solve the problem. Also if he is a "laser pro" then why does he need to send it to a Mod for examination? That doesnt sound like a pro to me :thinking:

I think its not a problem to wait the laser pro response,and about sent to a mod is my idea,because I just want double check just that simple

Well you're the one who made it a lot more complicated...

I'm pretty sure any "laser pro" you speak of wouldn't mind being chimed in having measured it. In fact, I think said pro here would have contacted ARG saying his 3-diode build is defective. They're not what you call "common"

From what's said here: it sounds like that 2W measurement was just made up as a quick fix to the problem...

I shouldn't get involved in a thread like this when I'm dead tired, i'll sit back and watch...

I trust Johan, he was good to do business with. The laser should NOT be operating at 2W. It could be that it got damaged during shipping, or that protected cells are being used which is limiting the current draw, or one of the diodes died, or there is a driver failure, or another problem.
Nobody should be jumping to conclusions.

@pauljohn
Please contact me so we can get this resolved. I sent you a PM.

I do not have the email. I checked my spam as well, just in case. Can you please resend it? I sent you my email via PM again. We can also use PM's on LPF.
Already sent picture from beam shoot.

IsaacT

I'm pretty sure any "laser pro" you speak of wouldn't mind being chimed in having measured it. In fact, I think said pro here would have contacted ARG saying his 3-diode build is defective. They're not what you call "common"

From what's said here: it sounds like that 2W measurement was just made up as a quick fix to the problem...

I shouldn't get involved in a thread like this when I'm dead tired, i'll sit back and watch...

THIS. I would like to see video proof that it only does 2W. If some ACTUALLY measured it and it showed 2W, I would bet money that it is a 2W LPM. ARG is highly respected and I dont like the way the OP is playing this. If a mod or a pro was looking at this they would have chimed in by now.

Well ,I already contact him about this thread.I sent the laser to him for help me LPM the laser.I dont want it complicated,but I believe,after he read my e-mail,he will respone here.

ARG

Received the email. I can't tell a lot from those beam shots.

Could you send me the name of the person you sent the laser to in PM? I would like to get in contact with them to ask if it is fringing more than it should. Then we can go from there.

Last edited:
Received the email.

Could you send me the name of the person you sent the laser to in PM? I would like to get in contact with them as well. Then we can go from there.

Arg,I think I wait the person post in here for everybody know that I am not lie.
And I appreciate that you now show seriuos response about solve this problem,before I see you not interest with my problem,that reason I sent to some one here to LPM my laser.

ARG

:confused:

Posting our PM chain here for others to asses.
What part about my response was not serious? I would like to know so I could respond better to customer concerns in the future.

ARG said:
pauljohn said:
ARG said:
pauljohn said:
ARG said:
pauljohn said:
ARG said:
Hello Johan,

I will be camping this week and wont have internet to reply to messages. If the laser arrives then and you have questions please give me time to respond :)

-Alex
Hi Alex,

I get the tri diode,the laser is a rubbish,even the power i compare with my maglite monster,the tri diode lose...
And the beam very bad.

Hey PaulJohn,

This should not be the case, are your batteries fully charged? Also, is the tailcap screwed on all the way? It should be in tight else it wont make enough contact. The tri-diode should look as bright, or brighter than the maglite.

As for the beam the 638nm diodes have a very large beam size, and that is unavoidable, it will always be larger than the blue beam.

-Alex
Hi Alex,

The batteries is fine,its can operate normaly,I just disappointed about the power and even the blue beam the spot is big.
I can sent to one of the forum that pro about laser too for the other opinion.
I am really disappointed with my spent $1200 for this laser.

Johan

Hi Johan,

Can you take a take a picture of the beam? It shouldn't be any bigger than regular sized. I am worried something may have shifted during shipping.

-Alex
Hi Alex,

Give your e-mail,I will sent to your e-mail the picture of the beam.
And its cant burn white paper from 3 feets like your video before with dual diode 4.4 W.

-Johan

Hi Johan,

My email is rmlasers@<removed>

The laser should be able to burn white paper, I tested it before I sent it.

-Alex

I didn't hear anything from Johan after these PM's (until now). As I stated earlier in the thread I assumed everything was okay with the laser, and that the problem was the tail cap not being screwed in all the way, or the batteries not being fully charged.

I'm upset that you didn't think I wasn't taking your problem seriously. I wish you had contacted me about this sooner so it would've been resolved before this thread.

:confused:

Posting our PM chain here for others to asses.
What part about my response was not serious? I would like to know so I could respond better to customer concerns in the future.

I didn't hear anything from Johan after these PM's (until now). As I stated earlier in the thread I assumed everything was okay with the laser, and that the problem was the tail cap not being screwed in all the way, or the batteries not being fully charged.

I'm upset that you didn't think I wasn't taking your problem seriously. I wish you had contacted me about this sooner so it would've been resolved before this thread.
I sent you e-mail 5 june 2013,that the last contact.not by the pm,you already can see from the e-mail that I just forward to you,that I suppose said not get response from you after I sent the picture to you.your last contact is 3 june 2013,so after the last e-mail and dont hear anything from you I assume that you not serious.

Last edited:

ARG

As I said above in the thread, I did not receive that email I checked my archives and my spam box, it was never received, I assumed it was never sent.
I see in the forwarded email that is was sent June 5th.

Fiddy

reveal the user name of the "laser pro" or (laser noob) at once.

The word moderator was tossed in there at some point... narrows down the field significantly in terms of who might have it, if that's indeed the case.