Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is 1st thread i don't want to post -_-

Coonie

Someone telling me I can't look inside something I own is only going to cause me to do that first. After unpacking it, I would set it on the bench and start dissembling it. After I saw exactly what it has and does, I would then start testing it.

They don't want you to see the little hampsters running around on those wheels inside

Benm

If you want i can test the meter for you, and compared it against something like the hyperion argentum meter.

For such a test i would agree to not sharing what is inside, though that secrecy will not last very long once you actually sell the product to users: it's their right to disassemble their purchase and share what they find inside with whomever they see fit.

Regardless of anything else, one recommendation to start with: Do not put a blue display on these meters. Those displays are often blue to an extent where you can hardly read them when wearing blue/green blocking goggles. It would be better to have white digits, or even the cheap old green LED displays: while they are "green", the output wavelength distribution of them is so broad they are still legible with green/blue blocking goggles (appearing like yellow, but that's okay), as well as when wearing red blocking goggles.

Obviously that has nothing to do with the quality of the equipment, it's just a usability suggestion that could probably be implemented very cheaply without changing the circuit board layout or anything :)

If you want i can test the meter for you, and compared it against something like the hyperion argentum meter.

Don't forget...
1) You can't open it to see the pixies inside...
Don't know what he's hiding inside now.
My guess is the same 10K pot...

2) You need to produce a 5 minute VIDEO Review...

3) You must have more than one LPM...

If he was a professional seller... what he
should be asking for is someone to test
his LPM with a recently calibrated LPM.
Preferably 1st or 2nd generation NIST
calibrated.

For what he wants he should give the
"new improved" LPM away for free with
free shipping...
I don't understand why he thinks our
time is worth nothing...

I already spent $80 USD for a piece of
junk that lasted ~1 day hours and also
spent hours testing it..
Fool me once Shame on you... Fool me
twice Shame on me...
Won't get me again...:whistle:

Jerry

Last edited:

Benm

Oh well, i only said i'd be willing to have a look at it and compare it to some other meter, not do some silly video review or anything like that. If it measures the same it does, if it doesn't it doesn't. That could be the end of it without even having to look what's inside: if it measures accurately i don't even care if there is a hamster in there with safety goggles holding a thermometer painted black :D

Or maybe i would since i't d require more than batteries to keep going ;)

tommy

Hi guys,

i reply some points here:

1. the LPM is not made by me or LPS, which i have said thousands of times, if lasersbee and Encap don't want to open their ears, i have no ways on that.
2. this is not a sales/promotion thread, we have other much better ways to. it will be a tech discussion thread.
3. Why need to compare with other LPMs? It's not just about reading. we dont pursue 100% accurate, we are not a lab institution. but by compare with other LPM, all of us, LPS members or non members can learn something.
4. Why video is necessary? because it's convincing.
5. Why we don't want you to disassemble it? First we want you to respect the inventor and copyright, second the LPM is glued inside, disassemble will damage the device. Of course we can't stop you, just a kind noticing. Considering the reviewer don't pay anything for the device, i think the requirement is appropriate.

I understand the requirement is strict. because we want a serious comparison. LPS and the inventor together have about 4 LPMs, we can do a review too, but an independent review will be more interesting.

So if some one is qualified and want to do it, that will be so great. if no one wants it, it will be totally fine. I have told the inventor that the successful give away will be low probability.

P.S i will recommend the inventor do a review then :shhh:

tommy

how about lasersbee you send us a free sample, i guarantee to give you a neutral 5 minutes review, compare with pocket LPM, hyperion, Ophir and other high quality LPMs :beer: We can send back to you after review.

Coonie

how about lasersbee you send us a free sample, i guarantee to give you a neutral 5 minutes review, compare with pocket LPM, hyperion, Ophir and other high quality LPMs :beer: We can send back to you after review.

As they say: "Aw snap!"

Bacon

popCorn_guy.gif

You're a funny guy...

I don't need to have a review of our products.
There are many Reviews of our LaserBee LPM
products here... on PL and on YouTube made
by independent reviewers that we did not need
to pay with a free samples.

Why don't you buy a LaserBee LPM Product just
like we did with your LPM that we were disappointed
with because of your underspec Claims.

When customers are offered an Apple for thier
money... They don't want to receive a Lemon.

Jerry

Last edited:
I don’t know much about LPMs so I cannot comment but I will say that this is a little bit off topic but I received the 2 in 1 Blue and green laser from you yesterday and I absolutely love it!!
I will be making a small review on here soon so check back soon Tommy :)

rustynuts

well, ive seen this alot too. especially for telescope optics and structures. alot of the imported optics being sold mostly rough surfaces, not being made to a null figure etc, the makers wanting only positive reviews only from reputable people. there is one catch, reputable people are reputable because they tell the truth when they review products. they dont sell out for free goodies, and for the ones that do, in this day and age thier reputation is shot, usually in weeks. as a machinist we dont us glue on items not needing glued. if the pieces are built to tight tolerances glue isnt reqiured, and for the inventer being afraid of others discovering their secret. i gues they need to keep it quiet till patent is issued. personally i dont buy items that have scratched off part numbers or potted electronics. or epoxied secret parts and avoid them like the plague.

The last post was ~10 months ago.. (or did you not notice that. ?)

It was not a very nice thread. Not sure I would have tried to bring it back to life.. not much more can be said.
AND
Too much negativity.

no need to comment (please)