Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

This is 1st thread i don't want to post -_-

tommy

Hi guys,

First of all, I really really really don't want to mention this topic because it may bring more problems to LPS again. But someone really want me to do so let's have a try.

Make short of long: Anyone wants to review the pocket LPM? :can:

Here is the story:

About half a year ago LPS found a very interesting laser power meter and begged the inventor to make more and release to the market. Soon 3 devices were made and listed on our site, claimed clearly as SAMPLE, no promotion, no marketing, nothing had done, just listed, and sold out soon. one of the buyers is laserbee, that's unexpected. and we have got this review, which was more unexpected:

https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-new-15w-lpm-lps-101715.html

Until Today, the Pocket LPM has many important upgrades. and the inventor think it's a right timing for LPF members to review this LPM again.

To prove the improvement, here is the video you guys may have interest:

The review LPM will be the latest version, calibration refer to Ophir sensor, Blue Led digits.

Requests for the reviewer:

1. Having multiple LPM is a must, then we can compare with other brands. The more, the better.
2. Prohibit to disassemble the LPM
3. Review needs to be in video type, not less than 5 minutes. Everyone wants to see the process.

The LPM will be totally free if the reviewer choose a standard shipping service, which will take about 2 weeks to arrive USA, and for express shipping service, is $20.

If you have interest and qualified on that, pls let us know :thanks:

BobMc

Best wishes Tommy. There does seem to be no burning of sensor and it does “look” better. So best wishes, hoping it’s a winner. :)

tommy

Thanks Bob. The inventor wants to discuss more details with you guys but he dont know english :banghead: He welcomes all comments, and positive, rational discussion environment.

Hi guys,

First of all, I really really really don't want to mention this topic because it may bring more problems to LPS again. But someone really want me to do so let's have a try.

Make short of long: Anyone wants to review the pocket LPM?

Here is the story:

About half a year ago LPS found a very interesting laser power meter and begged the inventor to make more and release to the market. Soon 3 devices were made and listed on our site, claimed clearly as SAMPLE, no promotion, no marketing, nothing had done, just listed, and sold out soon. one of the buyers is laserbee, that's unexpected. and we have got this review, which was more unexpected:

https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/review-new-15w-lpm-lps-101715.html

Until Today, the Pocket LPM has many important upgrades. and the inventor think it's a right timing for LPF members to review this LPM again.

The review LPM will be the latest version, calibration refer to Ophir sensor, Blue Led digits.

1. Having multiple LPM is a must, then we can compare with other brands. The more, the better.
3. Review needs to be in video type, not less than 5 minutes. Everyone wants to see the process.

The LPM will be totally free if the reviewer choose a standard shipping service, which will take about 2 weeks to arrive USA, and for express shipping service, is $20.

If you have interest and qualified on that, pls let us know
Tommy please don't hide things from us...
Been there.. Done that.

I understood that you had designed/manufactured
the LPM.
Glad to see you improved the old one. Hopefully
it will stand up to it's specs now. :beer:

Jerry

Last edited:

Bacon

Looks like another interesting thread I will be following! Would also like to see how it goes. Do well;

popCorn.gif

BobMc

Thanks Bob. The inventor wants to discuss more details with you guys but he dont know english :banghead: He welcomes all comments, and positive, rational discussion environment.

Your welcome, I think it’s a great idea, so I’m hoping the best here. :)

hoo7h

Hi Tommy!

I appreciate the continuous improvement on this model and I hope this new version will exceed expectations. The video looks promising, and hopefully experienced members will chime in and test the LPM themselves. Keep us posted :)

so if i happened to order one of these like today would it be one of these updated units?

Encap

Hi guys,

Make short of long: Anyone wants to review the pocket LPM? :can:

Here is the story:

About half a year ago LPS found a very interesting laser power meter and begged the inventor to make more and release to the market. Soon 3 devices were made and listed on our site, claimed clearly as SAMPLE, no promotion, no marketing, nothing had done, just listed, and sold out soon. one of the buyers is laserbee, that's unexpected. and we have got this review, which was more unexpected

What a pant load of BS/make believe "don't want to post" "First of all, I really really really don't want to mention this topic because it may bring more problems to LPS again." Get real. :crackup:

Everyone knows who and what you are---you do whatever you can get away + you are about using for free LPF members and whoever else for fun and profit without reservation.
Unlimited using of LPF members because it is work for free for your business and promotion of it.

You want favors/free work from people and to charge $20 for "express" shipping LOL very telling.
Typical money is god and god is money mentality.

Last edited:

Coonie

Hi Mr. Tommy. The rules are very strict if you ask me.

I don't think anyone here has more than one type of LPM. Maybe a few do.
What kind of information are you looking for if we can't examine the inside?
And finally 5 minutes of laser output reading comparisons, yes? Seems kinda long for something so simple.

I wish I could help but I only have one LPM I bought second hand a while ago. It may need recalibration.

Well, good luck in your business.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Mr. Tommy. The rules are very strict if you ask me.

I don't think anyone here has more than one type of LPM. Maybe a few do.
Several members here qualify for this requirement.
What kind of information are you looking for if we can't examine the inside?
Accuracy and response time is what Tommy's after
And finally 5 minutes of laser output reading comparisons, yes? Seems kinda long for something so simple.
Not so simple. The ability of the coating on the sensor to withstand high power lasers, linearity, heat saturation of the sensor.
There are a lot of things to consider and a longer run time (5 minutes in this case) can reveal a lot of flaws. With this meter saturation of the sensor after a minute or two of in front of a 7 or 8 watt laser would probebly be my biggest concern.

I wish I could help but I only have one LPM I bought second hand a while ago. It may need recalibration.

Well, good luck in your business.

There is as much involved in measuring laser light as there is in generating it!

I am one of those members that have more than one LPM. I have, in fact, four. Five, if you are counting sensors. Good luck with this "new" LPM. I hope it turns out to be an arruate way for members here to measure the optical power of their lasers.

Encap

There is as much involved in measuring laser light as there is in generating it!

Exactly why would anyone bother---way to much work for way to little reason.

I am one of those members that have more than one LPM. I have, in fact, four. Five, if you are counting sensors. Good luck with this "new" LPM. I hope it turns out to be an accuate way for members here to measure the optical power of their lasers.

Don't hold your breath--most likely it is going to be another maybe prettier low end toy quality for entertainment purposes only unit.
Don't think anyone will take the "review" bait this time.

He wants a whole lot of specialized work with specialized equipment and a minimum 5 minute video of same for what?

Could be wrong but this seems to be yet another attempt to con LPF members into doing hours of work doing complicated testing and 5 minute marketing video he wants done essentially for free, if anyone is stupid enough to take the bait.
This in support of his greed and shipping/reselling business while he hides in and behind China. Total cost maybe $20 to $30, a sample unit

Would be happy if it were something else but "a leopard can't/doesn't change it's spots"

PS Don't forget the $20 shipping + nobody can open/disassemble it see what is what inside for obvious reasons, though no way of stopping someone from doing same. :crackup:

Last edited:
Someone telling me I can't look inside something I own is only going to cause me to do that first. After unpacking it, I would set it on the bench and start dissembling it. After I saw exactly what it has and does, I would then start testing it.