Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

[The Yellow Lantern] Mag-Lite 638/520nm combo

Mr.J......WOW,,,,Beautiful......What a novel and effective way to combine beams !!!!!!!!!

Haha.....COMBINERS RULE THE SKY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for pushing the envelope even further !!!

CDBEAM=======>

Awesome build ! :) Very unique ! :gj:

I have to say that your build threads / reviews are great. I really like the way you introduce them ( As sinner said ^^ ).

Thanks for sharing :)

+1 :beer:

Last edited:
Nice job! Yellow is THE wavelength/s. Well even if it is combined wavelengths. Powerful yellow, nothing better IMO. :beer:

Last edited:

DTR

Great work. Glad to see it all came together so nice.:beer:

Last edited:

IsaacT

This makes me want to experiment with combining. Now who is going to tell my girlfriend that date nights are suspended until further notice lol

Damn man! Awesome job!!!

Yeah, I know this is an older thread, but I've been going through your builds and I have to say, you have a great creative streak. Reminds me of my father, he can come up with a solution to almost any problem. Its a rare skill! For a build like this, I lose patience after a while and usually do something impulsive and screw it up.

I love how you made use with what you basically had lying around. Using the beam combiner from a phr sled is awesome.

I've been there and done that with CA(superglue) fumes. lol! Ruined a very expensive decanned diode that way. Acetone is a great CA solvent and will remove the "fogging" on most stuff but optics will still be ruined from streaks, contaminants.

Last edited:
An old thread worth pushing back to the top. Who needs 589nm when we can do this? I bought some cheap dichro mirros to do this someday too, when I get back home. If someone wants some rather large dichro's to combine green and red to make yellow, these are very nice I bought three of these some time ago:

Point Source Laser Optics Beam Combiner Splitter | eBay

Although the two round pieces of dichro glass in these units are large and somewhat thick, I suppose with a glass cutter they could be cut up into much smaller pieces. The round shape doesn't lend itself well to doing that without a lot of waste, but the price isn't too bad if you can get at least six to eight pieces of dichro glass out of each plate to fit into what we do. They appear to be are high quality, but I haven't tested them myself.