Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The XBOX 360 HD-DVD high power laser thread

Zom-B

I just found this thread and I'm not going to read this long thread by myself, so I'll just throw in my 0.02$

I initially posted this graph in the Group Buy thread where I bought the diodes.

The four of my 803T diodes performed quite differently. Forum member heruursciences found a diode (Sharp GH04P21A2GE) which could be the diode in the 803T because the specs are almost the same. Indeed, all my diodes fall within these specs.

The horizontal and vertical colored lines were my recommended settings for each diode.

The diode with the yellow line will probably go much higher, but I did not dare to do so at the moment, as it was my most powerful specimen. Further analysis of the data (still in progress) reveals that even the diode with the blue line might go as high as 185mA. I will analyze twelve more diodes when I receive them from the next group buy.

PHR-803T.gif

Zom-B said:
I'm not going to read this long thread by myself, so I'll just throw in my 0.02$

I initially posted this in the gb thread where I got the diodes.

The four of my PHR diodes performed quite differently:
PHR-803T.gif
Has anyones 803T died at 150mA yet? I want to crank up the current on mine. If anyone has theirs set to 150mA, tell us how long it has lasted so far. I know for sure Dave/Daguin has a laser set to 160mA, and he has tested it for over a week.

Mine has been run @150mA for over 3 weeks now. Hundreds of on-off cycles and enough time to kill three 9v batteries ;D It still works flawlessly.

Soon it'll be going into a 3 aaa host powered by 10440's. I'll probably crank it up to about 180mA then..

Glaserfan said:
Mine has been run @150mA for over 3 weeks now. Hundreds of on-off cycles and enough time to kill three 9v batteries ;D It still works flawlessly.

Soon it'll be going into a 3 aaa host powered by 10440's. I'll probably crank it up to about 180mA then..
Then that means mine is going to be cranked up!

Zom-B

Mine, running near 200mA drained 3 rechargeable 9V's so far (they're weaker than alkaline) and is still running strong. It's diode with the yellow line in my graph above. It can probably take even more, but I didn't take the risk making measures that high, as I have blown some KES diodes in the past that did not show any knee in the graph (the knee is where it starts bending, like the red and green lines)

I've got mine running at 150 as well and it has been there for about a month probably. Haven't drained the batteries yet, but they are 10440s so they last a bit longer and I don't really use it all the much. As far as I know the long term test diode is still running at 130mA with no proper heatsink. I'll see if I can find out for sure tomorrow.

Hello, We are supply the XBOX 360 HD-DVD laser PHR-803T sleds and other Game accessories and laser lens. your need any product, please contact us. thank you! :)

Hello, We are supply the XBOX 360 HD-DVD laser PHR-803T sleds and other Game accessories and laser lens. your need any product, please contact us. thank you!
Web: www.laser-jp.com

Just as an update, I stopped into the lab where the long term diode is running and it is still alive at 130mA since early May with only the original heatsink off the sled.