Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

"The X-Switch V7 Laser Driver" with Momentary switch for Pens

lazeerer

Hey Guys,

I have not made a thread in a while as you guys have all been keeping me busy.:p hehe.:)

Today i would like to show you one of my latest New Drivers Ive Made.:cool:

The
X-Switch

Alot of you know the X-Drive V6 here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-x-drive-v6-3a-buck-driver-sale-info-75495.html

This is Basically a addition to that to make thing alot easier for Pen Builds and Pen Lovers.:)

Simple Spec's:

-Name: X-Switch
-Kind: Buck
-Size: 9.20mm x 21mm
-Max Currant: 3A or (5mA - 3000mA) "Fixed"
-Voltage: 8.4v "2x 4.2v Cells" (Depending on the load it can go down to 3.6v)
-Switch: Momentary "Off/On"
-Heat Protection: On
-NO HEATSINKING REQUIRED For Most Currants-:cool:

I know how frustrating it is to first find a driver that will fit in a Pen then again to find a driver that can take 8.4v so you can use 2x 10440 then again find a driver that is not going to overheat in seconds Then find one with a Switch.

Normally we would either have to deal with a linear setup that would get what i can stupid hot very quick with all the extra overhead voltage or you would be fiddling around trying to get everything to fit in a pen and usual its a mess.

The Main Issue was the Switch. There is No driver out there good enough that has a switch built on it that can make pen building that much easier and more enjoyable for us.

So what i did was Basically took my X-Drive Changed it around made it thinner and Longer and added a switch.:)

What i did was made it Longer to the Exact same Length as a stander Green Laser drivers that you would get in a Newwish pen and put the switch at the same spot. So that it made it that much easier to install and line up.:wave:

I also Left the Pads/Holes in place so that it allows you to still run your wire Just in case you want to by pass the switch and Use the driver in a regular build.:)

I also Added a Center Pad/Hole that allows you to put a spring in the Center so that you can have contact. I made the Contact center spring to the driver "-" so that the case is "+". You might be asking why i did that. Well the reason i did that is most if not all the Pen styles hosts out there dont have a Nipple or a Spring Built into the Pen tail cap. So that means if I had made it Case "-" and the spring "+" You would have had to find a way to make the host touch the Flat "-" of the battery which is very hard and usually turns out ugly. So by making it Case "+" Now the Nipple on the "+" of the battery sticks out far enough that it will make contact with the Pen host with no issue.:) SO i tried to think of everything.:) So since our 445nm diodes and 635nm diodes are Insulated this wont be an issue.:) Even for 405nm 12x diodes.:)

Here are some Pictures I took with also a sneak peak at another driver iam working on......;)

Pictures:

Overall iam really happy with this driver.:) Just got to do some Final Text adjustment but thats pretty much it.:)

It will make 445nm multimode or single mode diodes as well for multimode Mitsubishi 300mW/500mW 635nm/638nm diodes and our traditional 405nm laser diodes into pens with ease.:wave:

Hope you guys like it.:beer:

:thanks: For Looking.!!!

As Always Keep on Lazing......

Cajunlasers has them in stock now.

>>>CLICK HERE<<< TO GET AN X-Switch

Last edited:

Woot Woot! I'm gonna have to make a 3w pen in the near future. But all that duty cycle will be good for is popping a balloon :p

Blord

That is awesome ! The X-family is getting bigger and bigger.
Thanks for the good work. :wave:

ARG

Wow! Looks great Angelos! I've always distanced myself from pen builds because it's a pain to install the switch properly. Looks like you've solved that problem!

IsaacT

Where can one buy these? I have a difficult time finding sale threads for ANY of your drivers...this saddens me.

Thanks,
isaac

^^OP has a link to the sale thread for the V6 pictured with this new V7

Last edited:

clif

Excellent idea once again my man!
Saves you from having to cram a bunch of stuff in that tiny pen space, plus no need to buy the blank PCB just to contain a switch and contact pad. Less connections and complications inside an already complicated / difficult build. Wish these existed when I was on my pen building kick last year :drool:

lazeerer

WOW Thanks Guys.:eek: Really Really Mean alot to me to know you guys like the driver that much and really feels good to hear the good words.:) Thank You.

I seriously wrote a long post just now and hit refresh by mistake and Lost everything.:( So now i have to retype it. Errrr Hate that. Dont you.?:gun:

I will be doing a tutorial later with picture showing how easy it is now to build a pen now with the X-Switch driver.:wave: Its not only easier its also Faster and much cleaner.:)

Also I will be make this driver setup with my X-Boost driver so that you will now also be able to do builds with 2x 1.5V AAA batteries if you would rather use Primary cells instead of rechargeable.:)

SO Iam really trying to open up alot of option for you guys so it makes building alot easier and alot more fun and less of a mess Experience.:) Even for the Beginners that seem to have the most trouble.

Although i know i cant solve everything out there iam sure as hell going to do my best to try to.:wave:

Also I will put this in the OP but i want to show you how many host & pens and torch host out there that you can use this X-Switch driver with. This is Just with a quick search. Iam sure there is way more out there.

Here is the traditional NewWish Pen host that can be bought cheap:
DIY Test Laser Penstlye Hosts for 12x60mm Laser Module | eBay

Here you can get those cool Chrome/black pens but there out of stock now but he should be getting them back in shortly:
Laser Host Kits : Cajunlasers Store

Here is another Newwish style pen but this one comes with Different pattern Caps:
Housing Casing Host for 5 in 1 Laser Pointer Pen Fits for 12mm Laser Module | eBay

Then you got a torch style host:
DIY Test Laser Torcstlye Hosts for 12x60mm Laser Module | eBay

Here is another torch style:
Focusable Laser Torch Host | eBay

Heck i bet every single one of you out there have a old dead Green Laser that uses a Side Clicky and Rather then have it site there you can rebuild it now with ease.:)

I have picked this one up for myself to do a Nice build in.:)
Focusable Laser Torch Host | eBay
As well as i have a bunch of the Newwish pens i got from the GB i did last year for them.

Woot Woot! I'm gonna have to make a 3w pen in the near future. But all that duty cycle will be good for is popping a balloon :p

The Funny thing is its so possible.:D

Clif that runs this store:
Driver Boards : Cajunlasers Store

Built a >2W pen with an X-Drive V6 like last year.:wave: Thats Just crazy to see that much light come out of such a small device.:drool:

Wow! Looks great Angelos! I've always distanced myself from pen builds because it's a pain to install the switch properly. Looks like you've solved that problem!

Hey thanks Alex.:) Iam Happy to here that this driver maybe will get you to build a pen or two again.:wave:

PS. Got your other package out earlier this week. Let me know when you get it.:)

Xcellent Angelos you are the man:bowdown:
Thank You Pal.:) Thanks for the kind words.:beer:

Where can one buy these? I have a difficult time finding sale threads for ANY of your drivers...this saddens me.

Thanks,
isaac
Well you can always send me a PM but i know lately its been hard to keep up with them with you guys..

Right now you can pick up some of my drivers here:
Driver Boards : Cajunlasers Store
or
from the link i posted in the OP but iam alot slower then getting them from Cajunlasers...

For the X-Switch i only have a few right now but they will also be available on Cajunlasers.com site soon same with the X-Boost line.

I will make a Dedicated sale thread for the X-Switch and the X-Boost when iam ready to sell them constantly.

But if anyone wants one now i do have a few i can let go.:beer:

That is freaking Hilarious Phi.:crackup:

Excellent idea once again my man!
Saves you from having to cram a bunch of stuff in that tiny pen space, plus no need to buy the blank PCB just to contain a switch and contact pad. Less connections and complications inside an already complicated / difficult build. Wish these existed when I was on my pen building kick last year :drool:

Thanks Buddy.:) Exactly. Makes it so much easier to build.:beer:

sinner

I'm sold on these .. i can't wait to send you my money to get these, seriously man are you a magician or what :drool:
I'm going to build a custom laser host for your x-switches - just an idea i had while reading between the lines of your keynote :na:

lazeerer

I'm sold on these .. i can't wait to send you my money to get these, seriously man are you a magician or what :drool:
I'm going to build a custom laser host for your x-switches - just an idea i had while reading between the lines of your keynote :na:
I cant wait to see that host.:beer: Its going to be Sick as usual.:drool:

jayrob

LPF Site Supporter
Man you've been busy Angelos!

Great job!

Hope you don't get burnt out...

Keep up the good work! :beer:

clif

Only bad thing with a 2 watt pen is the <5 second cycle time :crackup:
It's now a 1.6 watt pen, FYI b/c I don't know what a cycle time is on my personal stuff sometimes - lol