Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The "SXB" Laser Driver 2.1A (Boost)

Greetings,

My background is in basic electrical, ladder logic. Started when a relay and time delay had moving contacts ! Nowadays it's all done with a PLC. Was expensive when first available and not many features. That too has changed.
I would think would be the same in electronics and have feature rich inexpensive controllers.
Strobe and sos are not nonsense and would still be welcomed features. Now power modes to me are impractical. I would just use a different laser if I needed a different power.

cheers

Moe

Most people don't want a bunch of nonsense modes like they have on China flashlights. They can be cool, but most of the time they are just impractical.

Also It takes a lot more board space and adds a lot to the price to put modes on them. The regulator chips don't just have modes. You have to add a microcontroller to the board (along with its support circuitry) to have modes and you also have to program each one of those tiny microcontrollers in some kind of special rig since there isn't room for any programming headers on a driver.

I think the extra features would be nice and practical. Sometimes you can't go shining a 1.5W laser around and some different modes would be a nice option :thinking:

~ LB