Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Kenom

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3. only days away from payment.

I will attempt it. However understand, I've never done the custom dying jobs myself. I know how it's done, and will be learning as I go and am 100% certain I can get a typical fade and marble.. Those are simple, but trying to get something like what your asking for may be beyond my abilities. That's not to say I won't try. Just come up with a backup plan.

Paypal Sent!

PP send Ken.

:paypal:

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Kenom

Awesome, I'll update the list soon.

danq

:( im paying extra for the custom anodizing.
sorry, CrossOut, I didn't mean to single you out... it's just that Ken's a real pushover for extra added services (as shown by his quick acceptance of your request!), and I think too often the amount of time it takes to do all those "minor" added things is underestimated/underappreciated. That $20 extra is going toward a process that may take hours for him to do to his standards; and there are dozens of people making other suggestions. But of course he's going to give it his best, and you'll be proud to own it when it's done!

:)
DanQ

danq

Ken - no hurry on the PPR's - I still can't do builds (physical probs)... but I'm putting money aside for if/when you make some.

I still have a few original Grooves... one reserved for a very special anodizing project ;)
(note to self: next time, sell excess stock before a new run is available, while they're rare and the price is high) :rolleyes:

edit: Question for ya: was a better switch ever found for the Groove? I was thinking I might disassemble mine and gold-plate the contacts to see if that would help, but would rather not have to try that with my current digital dysfunction.

DanQ

Last edited:

Kenom

actually, the external contacts on the switch isn't the problem.. It's the guts. The springs or something inside cause it to die. Since it is impossible to take apart, you can't repair them.

switch replacement will be something along these lines. scroll down to the forward tactical.
EliteLED.com - Fenix Lights Accessories

danq

actually, the external contacts on the switch isn't the problem.. It's the guts. The springs or something inside cause it to die. Since it is impossible to take apart, you can't repair them.

switch replacement will be something along these lines. scroll down to the forward tactical.
EliteLED.com - Fenix Lights Accessories

thanks Ken! I'll get a couple of those.

I knew it's the internal contacts... thought maybe I could still plate it though... may give it a try, have extras to play with - though at only $5 a pop, it makes more sense to just replace. will check it out...

DanQ

Hi,
I'm in the UK, and have ordered a Beast and 2 Grooves. A medium box is $43.45 compared to $13.45 for a small box - is there no way to fit the Beast into the small box? Alternatively, would any other UK/EU buyers like to share the cost of a medium box, then re-ship (a Groove/Beast sent by UK post is $2-3 or so in the UK, or $5-6 or so in the EU)? Robjd and I have done so a few times, but his order fits in a small box so it wouldn't save him anything - we'd need another UK member to make it worthwhile.

I've been away, and will be for another week, but I should be able to make payments by phone, and might have wifi/laptop but that's not guaranteed - if you need me to make a payment before next Friday then my email is (my forum username) at gmail dot com. My PP balance is around $200, but I can make larger payments non-instantly (bank transfer via PP).

Thanks for making this happen!

Charlie

Kenom

Hi,
I'm in the UK, and have ordered a Beast and 2 Grooves. A medium box is $43.45 compared to $13.45 for a small box - is there no way to fit the Beast into the small box? Alternatively, would any other UK/EU buyers like to share the cost of a medium box, then re-ship (a Groove/Beast sent by UK post is $2-3 or so in the UK, or $5-6 or so in the EU)? Robjd and I have done so a few times, but his order fits in a small box so it wouldn't save him anything - we'd need another UK member to make it worthwhile.

I've been away, and will be for another week, but I should be able to make payments by phone, and might have wifi/laptop but that's not guaranteed - if you need me to make a payment before next Friday then my email is (my forum username) at gmail dot com. My PP balance is around $200, but I can make larger payments non-instantly (bank transfer via PP).

Thanks for making this happen!

Charlie

As I said, if it's too expensive, we will work something out privately. International shipping can be extremely expensive. Although first class or even priority in a small enough box would be fairly cheap ($15ish)

If it makes things easier/cheaper for ken/charlie, I wouldn't mind sharing posting at all
Rob

Ok Kenom payment sent.
I cant wait for all this to finally go through. Thanks!

I'm really leaning towards getting one now. But if there is no module, then how do you ge the diode in? Is it a two piece host?