Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Kenom

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3

If the Groove run is going to work, I'll pick up a few of them as well.

Are you going to run it as an actual GB/Pre-Sale (collect money before having them made) or do you need some funding?

Peace,
dave

Not even going to try and assume what your referring to here Dave. I would like to think your referring to the Grooves and not the diodes since you already have some.

It will be a GB. The order gets placed within the next few days. I will begin taking payments and pay the cnc shop for the barrels from those proceeds. I WOULD like to get more than whatever is needed to fill the orders. I'd like to have a few on stock for those late comers. Contrary to popular belief, I do not make a lot of money off these hosts and would not be able to invest personally since I haven't the means. The order should then be filled about 1 month later and anodized from there.

Cost:
Kryton Groove $60 will be polished and anodized in one of 2 colors for no additional cost. Black or Clear

If you want it unanodized and polished, cost is the same.

Custom anodizing is $20 on top of the cost of the host.
Shipping is real shipping. Usually around $5-10 worldwide depending on the number of hosts.

Kryton Beast $85 will be polished and anodized in one of 2 colors for no additional cost. Black or clear

If you want it custom, I'll do that as well but the cost of custom anodizing on those is $30 each.

If we go for the diode pressed in thing, I'll provide you with the diode and pressed in for $45 each.

daguin

Not even going to try and assume what your referring to here Dave. I would like to think your referring to the Grooves and not the diodes since you already have some.

It will be a GB. The order gets placed within the next few days. I will begin taking payments and pay the cnc shop for the barrels from those proceeds. I WOULD like to get more than whatever is needed to fill the orders. I'd like to have a few on stock for those late comers. Contrary to popular belief, I do not make a lot of money off these hosts and would not be able to invest personally since I haven't the means. The order should then be filled about 1 month later and anodized from there.

Cost:
Kryton Groove $60 will be polished and anodized in one of 2 colors for no additional cost. Black or Clear

If you want it unanodized and polished, cost is the same.

Custom anodizing is $20 on top of the cost of the host.
Shipping is real shipping. Usually around $5-10 worldwide depending on the number of hosts.

Kryton Beast $85 will be polished and anodized in one of 2 colors for no additional cost. Black or clear

If you want it custom, I'll do that as well but the cost of custom anodizing on those is $30 each.

If we go for the diode pressed in thing, I'll provide you with the diode and pressed in for $45 each.

Sweet!

I'll hit the spreadsheet to edit my entry to reflect my Groove order then.

Peace,
dave

If you can do a dust white (clear matte/blasted) Groove I will join the group buy.
Basically, I want the clear... just not polished. $60 right?

I think Dust White with hand enameled blue groove would look slick with a 1mW blue beam coming out if it.

Last edited:

Kenom

well dr. lava did show me how he anodized his pearl groove. I have yet to try it, but I am going to.

you can get a nice dust if (after bead blasting, cleaning and degresing) you briefly dip in a weak nitric acid to lightly etch it.
Rinse it clean then go ahead and clear anodize it like normal. In the right light, it will look white as paper.

Here's a paintball gun ('03 FSP Viking) I used to have with a dust white & dust black accent anodize.
I've always like my Fire Acidwash anodize pumpgun too. (Duckslide Phantom)

Last edited:

Thats an awsome offer, but how much extra would the A140 Diode be costing?

this will be the only time I ask this.

do people want me to press fit a A-140 diode into the host for them. This would include a GB for the A-140 diodes. I will buy a projector, extract the diodes, and press them into the Kryton FOR YOU. I will NOT attach a driver.

Speak up now please.

YES!

(@ 24diodes per $800 projector , I'm thinking $45/diode for your labor?) (Edit again, saw that's exactly what you quoted)

Please put me down for a Kryton groove, basic black. And I understand correctly it has an adjustable focus 445nm lens that threads right into the heatsink?

Do I specify the mA to you? Or just adjust the pot myself? I've been reading all the threads about your host, but I'm still not clear on this part of it. Information overload... (derp...) Sorry. I guess I'd like the 800mA that seems to get you close to 1000mW.

Also, I've got error pop-ups on the Google spreadsheet. Am I supposed to put myself down on it?

Last edited:

Kenom

Thats an awsome offer, but how much extra would the A140 Diode be costing?

As indicated above, I will give the diode and press it into your Kryton for $45.

I will not setup your laser for you.. I'll just press teh diode into the pocket. I will not solder your driver to the diode nor will I set a driver to a specific current. I'm not selling lasers here folks. I'm selling hosts for YOU to make a laser. and I'll be the first to tell you that the Kryton is the easiest laser you'll make. Plain and simple.

@AJ_Dual Yeah your suppose to edit it your self. I was messing with my order which might explain why you got an error. I added you to the list for ya :D

Kenom

I'm working on figurin out what is going on with the spreadsheet. I get errors myself. I might have to copy it all and make a completely new one.

figured it out. You have to be signed into a google account... gmail or whatever, in order to access teh page.

Last edited:

@AJ_Dual Yeah your suppose to edit it your self. I was messing with my order which might explain why you got an error. I added you to the list for ya :D

Thanks!

I have no problem doing assembly/soldering. It's just more of the steps I can take out of this the more I want it!

Kenom you were of great help to me way back in '07 when there was a GB on red diodes going on and we were building them in those Dorcy 1W minis as hosts.

I had it all working for awhile, but I got impatient, and pressed the diode into the Azxis module without cutting down the body first. And then went back to cut the body down and fit it right etc. and killed it. I don't think I could handle it if I buggered up a 445nm diode.

So this is absolutely AWESOME!

Last edited:

OrBy

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3. only days away from payment.

I would pay the extra for a a-140 445nm LD to be pressed in.

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3. only days away from payment.

Yes, i still want the groove polished with blue marble anodizing. Also ill put myself down for an a-140 diode pressed in.