Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The REAL Kryton GB round #3. Taking payments now.

Re: The REAL Kryton GB round #3

Awesome !

Even without the copper rings it's still worth it.
The problem is I'm out of money for a while (darn money pit of a hobby).
Is there any way you can either postpone ending this GB or have one made
a few months late ?

The spread sheet and chat room don't work for me anymore. I think I'm in there for a couple.

HMike

The spread sheet and chat room don't work for me anymore. I think I'm in there for a couple.

HMike

"LPF Hemlock Mike 1 1 - Purple or bare buffed 1 1 - Bare buffed"

You're in for one groove, one beast at the moment.

Kenom

You are mike.. You might want to try reloading it.. I sometimes cannot get it to load the first time.

Kenom

As you can see, I am making extraordinary progress. I've never used solidworks before and now am able to do a complete design with a little help from pontiac

barrel.jpg

head.jpg

Looking good Ken!

I'd say do this run but then wait until you get the designs done on the others so you can do them all at one on the next run. We've waited a while for this to get up and running, another month or two won't hurt.

Also I'd recommenced that you add the estimated prices and what's included in the first post. Are these to include a Boost drive and a lens as well?

-Tony

Kenom

well as some of us are aware, the Kryton did come with a driver kit. It was the original Groove driver and most of the time it was not functional.. doggone driver was not a very well laid out board. the pads were too small. Needless to say, with the cost of all the available drivers out right now, it would bring my profit margin from very little (contrary to what some may believe) to none. There was options to upgrade and add a flexdrive with your groove as well as a 18650 battery and charger. This round, unless I can find a means of reproducing the groove driver again, will not come with a driver. I do not know a place to get pre-fabbed pcb boards made up cheaply. Maybe someone can recommend a place.

I'm definitely in for at least 1 Groove with Black/Blue Marble finish and 2 black PPR's.

If you are doing some of the custom anodization, would it be possible to get a Jayrob EzFocus adapter anodized to match the groove?

Added myself for a groove! I need to find a job, I am spending way too much on lasers right now for not having a job...

Kenom

Last component is done and ready for submission.. Now to move onto the PPR.

tailcap.jpg

Final Assembly
groove.jpg

Ken, thanks for answering my question, I guessed as much.

WOW, the finished design in solidworks of the kryton look GREAT!!! :D

I am sure most of the people buying krytons hopefully already have 18650's and chargers for them (i do). So I don't know if there is any interest in having them come with the krytons (maybe there is interest, just putting it out there). I just can't wait for these hosts!!!!! :drool:

Kenom

Ok before I go and choose the battery selection for the PPR I'm going to post a 2 week poll.. 10440 or 14500.

Vote Here

Asherz

Also couldn't get into the spreadsheet :S

Could I just confirm I'm down for a kryton and a kryton beast?

The kryton in a polished silver, with what looks like in some of the pictures black in the grooves.

and gloss black on the beast :)

Cheers Ken for the hardwork, designs are looking great. Also some price confirmations would great if possible.

The kryton in a polished silver, with what looks like in some of the pictures black in the grooves.

Cheers Ken for the hardwork, designs are looking great. Also some price confirmations would great if possible.

First time it doesn't like to work refresh the page and it should work. If not leave the page clear your cookies and then go back and refresh if needed.

Kenom

You are indeed.

Hey ken,

I just added a 'green anodized polished' groove to my order on the spreadsheet.

So, now I have 3 total grooves, just letting you know!!!!