Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"The Predator" 3x Single Mode 637nm

Just sick Fiddy!! I love it man, so cool to see the idea come to fruition!

+:beer:

The alignment doesn't change over distance. The laserbeams are straight lines and over distance the triangle only gets bigger.
What I did found out is that turning the focus knob could throw up the alignment. The lenses aren't perfectly centered in the barrel and will deform the shape of the triangle.

It takes longer to finish my build because one of the LPC826 has died. I have ordered six LPC826 diodes and 4 of them already died. :eek:

You're right but that's not what i meant. What I was trying to say is that the isosceles triangle formed by the three laser beams might appear to be "perfect" at close distances, but as the beams diverge, the imperfections will become amplified and you will notice a difference in distance between all three dots.

Benm

That looks pretty good! I wonder what the beam pattern looks like at bigger distances (say 20 or 100 meters). Eventually they'd just merge into one, right?

This is certainly going to awesome when it is fully assembled. I am interested to see in which direction all these beams end up heading at a distance.

So it would be cool once you get the dots lined up in a triangle pattern to turn the modules so the the wings will line up and form a triangle also :D

It will be the only time the wings will be cool to have :crackup:

predator12.jpg

Fiddy.

Last edited: