Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"The Predator" 3x Single Mode 637nm

Cel

Nice idea! Good build! Awesome laser!

It would be cool to have a laser like this, but with 405 and 445nm. Or even all 3 at once!

I am not sure how wide are your aixiz module holes but it would have helped if you made them a tiny bit narrower and direct press them in that. If it's not a very hard thing you can do another heatsink for the modules and try it.

It's a very awesome idea by the way I love it :beer: great job!

I wanted to build a RGB laser in a skyray king host but I stopped the project because I knew it was too complicated to align them

With two grub screws in two of the module slots you should be able to align them two with the third one no problem if they are anywhere close to begin with.

Cool build and nice review, thanks for sharing +3 :gj:

AUS

I think with press fit they would have to be very VERY precise to give good alignment. And the alignment of the diode in the module would be critical too, not to mention the alignment of the diode innards!

Blord

My own Predator laser is almost ready. Just waiting for the silicon paste to dry up.
I did managed a perfect alignment. :D

Predator%20Rook-4.jpg

Very sweet, finally got it aligned in a "near" perfect triangle... bet that took a little patience and time. Good job man post some fog pictures of the final product!
I'm a sucker for beam pics :pop:

Good job on that laser build! However, keep in mind that keeping those 3 laser beams in alignement over large distances is going to be impossible unless you only plan on using it for short distances of course.

That is really cool!

If one of those was pointed at me, I'd run for the hills :D

Blord

The alignment doesn't change over distance. The laserbeams are straight lines and over distance the triangle only gets bigger.
What I did found out is that turning the focus knob could throw up the alignment. The lenses aren't perfectly centered in the barrel and will deform the shape of the triangle.

It takes longer to finish my build because one of the LPC826 has died. I have ordered six LPC826 diodes and 4 of them already died. :eek:

The alignment doesn't change over distance. The laserbeams are straight lines and over distance the triangle only gets bigger.
What I did found out is that turning the focus knob could throw up the alignment. The lenses aren't perfectly centered in the barrel and will deform the shape of the triangle.

It takes longer to finish my build because one of the LPC826 has died. I have ordered six LPC826 diodes and 4 of them already died. :eek:

maybe you need to change the driver setup? it might be spiky and kill your other diodes too

Blord

I have found out what the problem is. A diode died by shorting the bare open wires like in the picture. The second diode died because I just came in the warm home and it was cold outside. The recipe for static build-up.
The third and fourth diode dies because the case negative diode shorted against the host.

Basically noob errors. :D

Last edited: