Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The MOD9 has arrived! - 9mm Aixis Clone

ARG

They're aluminium indeed, and I had my design made by eMachineShop. Very very happy with them, in fact, I couldn't be happier.

How much does eMachineShop charge? Was the price reasonable? I was looking at making a custom host through them.

rhd

Yep, they're 12mm.

Actually, they're 11.8mm (which was the general consensus from the forum as to the actual size of an aixiz module).

Here's a comparison:
(at this photo's angle, the MOD9 looks unthreaded for some reason, but it's just the lighting)
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2011-06-25 18.47.22.jpg
    2011-06-25 18.47.22.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,124

Helios

On second though I bet it is just the knurling on the focus knobs. Knurling increases the diameter so im sure the focus knobs are a bit larger than the aixiz modules as well.

These look like great modules. If I had a 9mm diode I wanted to use you would have paypal an hour ago!

I'm also going to be very vigilant about not selling the handful of IRs to anyone who can't demonstrate to me that they own good IR blocking glasses. For some newer members, I may be really lame and ask them to show me a photo or a sales receipt if their glasses are on order.
Gotta +rep. :beer: *EDIT* :( Gotta spread rep. Hate that.
Lame? Certainly not IMHO. Just responsible. Even if you asked all buyers, new or not for a photo.

Great modules. Fit sound really good.

Last edited:

jib77

RHD ... Any plans on making an 5.6mm version? I would rather buy yours instead of Aixis as its aluminum, has better tolerances, and doesn't have threads on the outside.

Nice! I've wanted to do an IR Build but not have an easy way to mount a 9mm diode has prevented me from doing it.

edit: bah no +1 until I spread the love.

Last edited:
I guess I really am going to have to break down and get some good IR glasses soon. Might as well use these as a good excuse to do it. :)

LaZeRz

awesome!

If you could make 5.6mm copper modules Im sure lots of people would be interested :D

rhd

awesome!

If you could make 5.6mm copper modules Im sure lots of people would be interested :D

Interesting idea - I'll spec out the price on some 5.6mm copper modules. It never occurred to me, largely because I'm a bit visually OCD, and copper always clashes with the colour of my favourite hosts.

That said, aluminium is already almost 2x as heat conductive as the brass in Aixiz modules. Though admittedly, copper would be another 2x as conductive as aluminium.

Nice! I was literally just looking at 9mm modules for my 3W 808 diodes. The only ones I cold find were the O-Like ones, which I'm not too fond of...These look awesome though. :)

Last edited:

jib77

Interesting idea - I'll spec out the price on some 5.6mm copper modules. It never occurred to me, largely because I'm a bit visually OCD, and copper always clashes with the colour of my favourite hosts.

That said, aluminium is already almost 2x as heat conductive as the brass in Aixiz modules. Though admittedly, copper would be another 2x as conductive as aluminium.

Spec out some aluminum ones too ... that would be a nice GB. I would buy at least 10.

rhd

With the CanadaPost strike over, and mail resuming tomorrow (with full operations back on Tuesday), I've gone ahead popped a sales thread up in the Laser Pro Shop.

EDIT: I put it up a few hours ago, so I had assumed it was active by now - but it looks like it isn't. I guess it may take a bit of time for a mod to activate.

Last edited:
No sale thread to be found yet, but what would be the price for these modules? I also have some 9mm diodes from heruur. Be sure to check the wavelength on the though, I suspect a lot of my diodes to be 830nm but when I measured it a long time ago I didn't have my monochromator to check it, so I can be wrong.
What would be the solution to prevent the black plastic from melting? Do the glass lenses have a different holder that won't melt?

No sale thread to be found yet, but what would be the price for these modules? I also have some 9mm diodes from heruur. Be sure to check the wavelength on the though, I suspect a lot of my diodes to be 830nm but when I measured it a long time ago I didn't have my monochromator to check it, so I can be wrong.
What would be the solution to prevent the black plastic from melting? Do the glass lenses have a different holder that won't melt?

Most glass lenses have brass housings. ;)

rhd

I think I set pricing at $5 to $7 depending on QTY.

Hopefully the thread will show up soon.