Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The MagicSticks Custom Hosts - PICS & INFO

Re: MagicStick - The new 2012 custom host

Same here, I'd definitely buy at least one (but probably more) as soon as they were offered.

sinner

Okay , I am truly grateful for your kind words.. :thanks: Really means alot..
I'll definitely make a batch, which will be available in polished , powder
coated and anodized form... :beer:

But let me tell u something this came out to be a hassle to get to the final
design although i have done one before, but with this one i needed something
far better than the BlackMagic Host in terms of the tailclicky aesthetics and heatsinking.

The aluminium head 5.2cm in length 30mm Diameter with 5-cooling fins in total , Each fin is at 2mm distance . The Heatsink/Head part weighs approx 95g(4Oz.)

If i were to produce them and sell to members here, i would'nt want them to
be anything less than perfect which at this time these are not. I have yet to
complete my own build which will reveal any imperfections of the design.
When i will complete it and finalize it, If by chance it still has any problems minor or major.. i will get them fixed in the upcoming batch..

So far i have managed to improve tailclicky aesthetics and also make it durable..

Iv fitted a tailclicky and solder a small spring from a battery holder, posting
some pictures..

pt1s6.jpg

^^The Tail-Clicky is a bit deep inside u cannot turn it on via accidental push or stress in a baggage/luggage etc.

34et05d.jpg

^^This is the Original Tail-Clicky Switch Used with this Host.

20jic5e.jpg

^^Assembled !!! Not the Best Soldering Job but works Great.

34hf0g4.jpg

Simple assembly.. Turn the wings one to the front and one to the back and solder a spring..

The Switch has a 7.7mm neck size, i made a 7.55mm hole , put some adhesive/glue (no need actually) and press it in!! In never comes off without a proper tool..

Thanks :thanks: for your precious time and such kind words!!

Well I hope to see more results soon, keep it up, this is one sweet host! Can't wait to pick up a couple in the future! +1 for an epic build.

Good call on the indented tail clicky man, that will definitely help prevent accidentally turning the laser on. ;) You should consider perfecting the process also for making a batch of these sometime soon like you said, I'd definitely order at least 2 of them if not 4. From the comments so far you seem to have already sold a few of these anyways hehe :beer:

Last edited:

sinner

Well I hope to see more results soon, keep it up, this is one sweet host! Can't wait to pick up a couple in the future! +1 for an epic build.
Will surely let you know when i get to a point where the host is halfway through the process.. :beer:

Good call on the indented tail clicky man, that will definitely help prevent accidentally turning the laser on. ;) You should consider perfecting the process also for making a batch of these sometime soon like you said, I'd definitely order at least 2 of them if not 4. From the comments so far you seem to have already sold a few of these anyways hehe :beer:

Thats really fantastic, Apparently this wasnt even a feeler thread and i ended up with making a batch, I am more excited than before.
If you could be more patient i will get them to a point where they are readily available ...I would include the focus adapter with the host b/c it was attached to the host in the photos. and add some options like copper modules and custom tubes with or without additional cost.. Depends if it doesnt leave me broke!!!

So anyone buying this would be open to a broad spectrum on battery configurations.. without any worries..
Guess That would be the Magic Part of this MagicStick.. :wave:

Do they really need to be so long? :p
Well thats because i plan to use a linear driver, and i only have a couple samsung ICR 18650's :whistle:

I'd also definitely order one of these if you made some. Looks awesome!

tanzy

Crazzy host !!

Last edited:

DTR

Looks great. Awesome work.:gj:

I would suggest getting some beefier springs for the battery contacts for those that will be wanting to build higher power boost driven 445's. Some of these boost drivers can draw almost 4A. I think Qumefox had a source for the thicker gold plated ones. The ones you are using look like the ones out of 3XAAA holders and from experience I have had problems with them if they are not holding the battery very secure.:beer:

Looks great. Awesome work.:gj:

I would suggest getting some beefier springs for the battery contacts for those that will be wanting to build higher power boost driven 445's. Some of these boost drivers can draw almost 4A. I think Qumefox had a source for the thicker gold plated ones. The ones you are using look like the ones out of 3XAAA holders and from experience I have had problems with them if they are not holding the battery very secure.:beer:

Fiddy sells them in 5 packs for a couple bucks.

sinner

Thanks alot :wave:
Im on it!!

If this would be a potato, this would be a good potato. :beer:

Last edited:

sinner

^rofl that made me chuckle!!
:thanks:

Last edited:

I am not a seller, but if there is enough interest i can order materials for 10 hosts for you guys and let my machinist buddy make the design idk how much he would charge but its est. price would be between $25~$28 bucks including the machine work and material minus the polishing/anodizing which would be another couple of bucks.. and it will take a while to get them ready.

At those prices I would like at least three! These look great.

Oh crap, I thought these were ready already and I sent him a PM about it lol.