Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The I "C" Red Battle Royale LPF Contest

alright here they are!!! these are very bad because my regular computer is broken so i used a laptop and sumopaint to make these. on the circuit diagram (only shows basic components. more smaller things like drivers,resistors, and such not included) The M stands for motor, D stands for diode host heatsink and the diode. the silver things are mirrors. the break in the wire is a switch. the boxes with arrows are potentiometers. enjoy.
laser_1_zps6e95a124.png

this one is supposed to be it in a project box,
laser_2_zpsb5705d6a.png

what do you think?

Last edited:

Nice concept drawings cantthinkofone! You have plenty of time to work out the details. Should be interesting to see how you incorporate your "secret" host :)

~ LB

yes very. my "secret" host might just be the thing that keeps me ahead. the other contestants dont have fans and specialized heatsinks... well then again they might have special heatsinks but i bet they dont have a fan :p

That's one thing I've been waiting for ;) Ok, the gauntlet has been thrown :crackup: We'll see how many other challengers for the Battle Royale step up.

There-Can-Be-Only-One.jpg

~ LB

yeah. funny pic lol. i was expecting more people and i personally thought it would become a blood bath lol

I was thinking about this while on my date with my girlfriend XD It's her birthday.

I simply need a machinist is all. I would do the work myself but I'm not too good on the lathe and I haven't had practice in a while.

Anyway, the outline of the design is as follows: purpose build, high-power buck converter with externally adjustable current via potentiometer, maxing out at around 3A. Further, I've been working on a driver design that incorporates a thermistor to attempt to maintain constant temperature on the diode, which should be a lot easier with a C-mount than it would be with a standard TO-56. This would assure that the diode is rock steady. I am even considering adding in a photodiode feedback system, but I'm not sure how I will incorporate that yet... never build a feedback system like that before.

The host idea is still in progress, but I was thinking that I would incorporate a string of blue LEDs around the ring of the head to give it some flair. It would be a beefy design, capable of holding two 26650s in series. Ideally, it would be pure copper with a clear anodization on top of it to assure that it doesn't corrode. I suppose I will learn how to do some 3D modelling so that I can get a model up on here!

Happy Birthday :) Hope you 2 had fun Wolfman <3

Sounds like a really impressive design you have in mind there. The driver is pretty radical and I love the LED accents. A top contender for sure :beer:

Thank you :gj:

Bonzai 3D has a free 30 day trail that you can use to render models.

bonzai3d by AutoDesSys: 3D Modeling Desktop Software

I have more laser stuff to get before I can activate mine :whistle: but it's a very powerful easy to use program if you need something free and quick :beer:

~ LB

I figured I would just download blender. :cheers:

If anyone is interested in hearing my host design ideas and may want to machine for me, shoot me a PM. I'd be glad to talk!

Blender, Gotcha :) You're better than me. I could never figure it out :eek:

Best of Luck :beer:

~ LB

IsaacT

I have never been able to figure out the modelling software. I am just doing all my drawings by hand. I have digital calipers and a ruler so that each thing is actual size so dimensions make sense from sight. This is the outside dimensions I am going for and then I am designing the inside dimensions to hopefully be easy for my machinist to handle and also for me to build into. I have decided to ditch the side clicky though.

Thanks,
Isaac

Last edited:
Nice looking host Issac. Nothing wrong with drawing by hand. Knew an Architect that refused to use computers after he saw how helpless a large firm was during a power outage ;)

~ LB

I was thinking about it some more... I think a linear driver may actually be best for this kind of situation. Can still add all of those extra features, but I don't think that it will be necessary to use a switching driver when I can get ~75% efficiency with a linear driver. What's the Vf on these, anyway? About 2.5V, right?

IsaacT

I am having a 4A amc driver built so I can use a single 26650. Havent found a datasheet on these diodes though.