Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The DTR le-adapter V1

DTR

New version of this module now with a custom focus adapter standard.:beer:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/22mm-510-threaded-modules
510%2022mm%20Heatsink.jpg

P1011746.JPG

P1011747.JPG

Love the sleek lens adapter. I'm running a 2w 462nm and it did not work on my IPV Mini2, it said check atomizer. It works perfectly on my chi you with stacked 18350's.

DTR for the win! Love this piece.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
DTR, this new version of your module is great looking! That intigrated focus adapter is a nice improvement! :)

Edit- I just looked at the link that you provided for these at your store; for that price, you couldn't hardly make your own for much less than these! :D

Last edited:
How is the diode (or driver) wired to these? Inside view anyone?

Last edited:

Pman

Figures you now add a matching focus adapter;)
The wiring is kind of easy and tricky at the same time. You push the end pin out of the adapter which is VERY tight and then strip just enough off the end of the + wire to stay between the pin and non-conductive nylon (or whatever it is) spacer when you press the pin back in basically wedging the wire between the spacer and pin. You then push the diode assembly inside the adapter after stripping a small amount of insulator from the ground/black wire wedging it between the diode assembly and the adapter. Just lock it in place with the set screw and you're done.

I had made a few Fasttech 532nm modules work by soldering a tiny pain in the butt spring on the end (after jumping across the switch of course). Just turn the battery around so it's now pin negative in your mechanical mod. Better have that spring centered or short city;) You can see that no wires are required with this setup. In the second pic you might notice the small heat-sink I cut from a flat piece of brazing rod.
Y18y6g.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

I apologize for dropping out of the research I was doing on this stuff but things have gotten much worse with my medical problems and my MSK (medullary sponge kidney) with constant chronic pain issues has caused me to have to start the process of putting in for SSDI. I have seriously strapped myself down from spending as I currently cannot work and spend half my time in bed with a heating pad under my left flank as it helps the most with the pain issues regardless of how much pain meds I am on. I am keeping track of every penny spent now and even though I would like to be building and messing around with stuff that takes $. Basically means even though i would like to have distracting things to mess with I can't afford to. So, even if I come up with some "free" money it's not a simple thing anymore to decide what to spend it on. Had intended to build some more as I do have some Phlatlights that I am messing with but they have been sitting in a pile with the rest of the things that go with them and I can't get myself to continue with them right now because the pain issue is so bad. Was going to make some more unique LPC-826 400mW stuff with some other tins I have/found but I'm out of diodes and 5.6mm modules. Keep looking for another deal for an A140(had gotten a few for $15 each when one of our members was leaving the hobby) as I have the driver and one module left (M140 are more expensive). You get to the point that no matter how many times you look through all your laser stuff there's not the parts you need to actually make a complete build. The biggest thing for me in all of this hobby was/is the build more than the final result. The final result really doesn't help with pain management.
Anyways, I didn't mean to drop the ball on this DTR adapter stuff. Life is intervening pretty harshly right now. Wouldn't believe how hard it was just to take a couple pics and post this. Not trying to make people feel sorry for me. The more things I have to build the more it motivates me to try and get up and do something. All sounds like such a downer. Sorry. Here's a happy face:) No worries

Last edited:

vk2fro

So glad I found this - I have a sigelei mini 30W box mod and a sigelei zmax v5 (tube style ecig... um e cigar more like LOL). Very naughty me ended up buying a green 520nm unit off DTR. Both "batteries" are VW and easily hit the 6v minimum required to "fire" this module. So when I'm not using one ecig, I can turn it into a laser :)

So looking forward to this. Send me a good unit DTR. I'll be after a 462nm next week :)

On a lighter note I just also ordered 1L of 100mg/ml nic so I should be set for mixing my own ecig juice in the very near future. Its not only hard to find over here premixed, it costs a fortune, but is legit to import in these quantities. It takes 0.5ml to make up the strength I like in a 10ml bottle so it should last me quite a while :)

vk2fro

So mine arrived, after I chased it down the street to a post office in the next suburb coz frigging australia post cant deliver. They suck.

More bad news: My Sigelei box mod wont fire it. Nor will the Zmax V5 unless it is in mobile phone mode. I'm not even game to try that until my saftey goggles arrive. I only have one working eye (not due to a laser mishap thank god), so I guard its vision with my life. I'm not going to fire the laser at close to full power with out some means of quickly shutting it off, or laser eyewear.

I did really want to try out this module for shits and giggles on my new vaporizer, but its really destined for my projector. Would have just been fun to have some giggles burning stuff with it before it goes in its new home.

DTR this thing looks smick. Can i just hook the 510 connector up to my variable power supply, and just increase the volts from around 3.8 so I can at least see a lower powered beam to check it works? I have the NDG700 with the 1.8A X-Drive.

quick shot (sadly without any photons!)
MAwawvSl.jpg

Edit: tested it on my variable power supply set to 6.0 volts and 500ma current limit so I didnt get blinded. I got a weak beam which proved the laser worked. Got courageous and wound the current up to 700ma. At this point it started smoking the memory module packet it was aimed at (nice black colour), so I switched it off, as next object in the line of fire was a white cardboard box. Then luckily enough i found my old wicked lasers safety goggles, so I chucked them on, put it on my Zmax V5, turned on the mobile phone mode, and it instantly started smoking a CD case. Burn't right through it in under a second. Impressed :)

The focus ring has a small scratch on it, but I will buff that out later. Probably due to Aus Posts incompetence. (or my over eagerness with the exacto blade getting this wonderful module free of DTR's great packaging). All I need now is some trustworth saftey glasses and I'll be set. Even in a projector this thing is going to be seriously evil.

DTR I know this sounds cruel, but how do you get this thing open? I'll need to replace the X-Drive with a FMP3 when I finally switch to using it as the green source in my PJ (for modulation of course). Actually forget this idea - I can run the flexmod in series, thus giving me an easy to change "bulb" inside the projector - using 520, 462 and 638nm versions of these, if one should pop, its a simple matter of unscrewing it, and screwing in a new one :)

edit 2: just realised we have metal vapor lasers. Now who here had the CVL model? :)

Last edited:

vk2fro

Sigelei Zmax V5 WORKS! A video is worth 100,000 words so.... here we go :)
Thankyou Jordan! this is the most awesome bit of kit! My friend bought it to me in hospital whilist recovering from a snake bite, and I am utterly impressed!

I want a bwoo one next ;)

Ben with the "Z-Lase" :)
zm8ey8dl.jpg

I must say thats a fantastic photo of yours truly with a laser :)

The 10 second timeout on the mod is no problem - unless I am burning stuff that takes longer than 10, there is no reason to have a laser pointer on for longer than 10 :)

I will have another video up soon - all sorts of things. Mirror, lens, DLP chip, fuse, pyrotechnic material, balloon(s), flash paper, and yes I will take one for the team and direct the beam at my arm. :)

subscript: I am not wearing safety goggles. This is NOT a good idea. I took great care with the laser to avoid blowing my eyes up. All I ended up doing was burning my hand when I was unscrewing the mod. DONT DO WHAT I DID. Its dangerous!

Last edited:
Mine showed up today. While my e-leaf box mod doesn't recognize it, I do have a mech mod in the mail.

I tried it on an old pen battery I had laying around that only goes to 4.4v. It lased so am happy to say it works, and seems to be great quality.

Thanks again DTR.

vk2fro

They are awesome quality - what model did you get hera? I got the 520nm NDG700 diode in mine. Stupid bright. I'm done playing with mine for now, until I get my goggles :)

DTR

Sigelei Zmax V5 WORKS! A video is worth 100,000 words so.... here we go :)
Thankyou Jordan! this is the most awesome bit of kit! My friend bought it to me in hospital whilist recovering from a snake bite, and I am utterly impressed!

Very nice just saw the video. Glad you like it.:beer:

vk2fro

Yep and guess what - when focussed properly it can easily light a cancer stick :)

Incredible little e-cig accessory for the laser lover :)

edit:
As promised I got iMovie up and running last night (and a burnt keyboard) and made a movie of this laser burning various items. The movie is processing now in iMovie and then will be up on youtube in about an hour. :)

P.S. I can STILL smell the firework powder LOL! :)

P.P.S. I just noticed I triple posted in this thread - bad form!

P.P.P.S. I need a new mac methinks, this is taking a while to process LOL

Last edited:
Ok, so I bought this from DTR.

NDG700 22mm 700mW 520nm Module
W/X-Drive & G-2 Glass Lens
510 Threaded Connection
(Use with 6-9V or two 3.7V Li-Ions!!!)

As it states you can run at 9v. Obviously it's hard to find a mechanical host that will fit two 18350's, but I have 5 on the way from fasttech and just want to find out which one fit's best. Including a mod box that will hold two 18650s. Will this work since it's under 9v?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2313100

I would like to keep my mods in a cylindrical form, but I hate to spend more on those damn extention tubes than the mod itself ie. Vamo (and at some point they start to look more like a walking cane). Plus the vv/vw mod boxes have higher adjustable watts and volts. Does anyone have any experiences with running these type of boxes with DTR's adapter.

Last edited:

DTR

Have not seen anyone use it but should work very nicely.:beer:

Have not seen anyone use it but should work very nicely.:beer:

It made a huge difference going from 6v to 7.6v. Can't wait to throw in some high quality IMR 18650s and hit 8.4v. It's already burning things like crazy.