Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The DTR le-adapter V1

Once again are local laser guru the CEO and president of the LPF diode appropriation committee has all but cemented his name in the LPF hall of fame as the 2nd charter member (Avery is #1 got it) hehe anyways, I review for you the masses the DTR le-adapter V1.:wave:
XFJxTe.jpg

A little history although many have proposed the idea before, DTR has taken it and ran I mean ran!!! with it.:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: The scope and novel idea is one to be proud of and thank him when you get a chance.

Now many of you might want to brush up on some of this e-vap, vaperizer, mech mods and other devices slang terms and the like, but here are some good vids to get you in the right direction.

This guy is a trip

I'm not condoning vaping we are all big boys and girls here, always consider your health first.

The whole idea of being able to swap a host is needless to say so0oo sweet. I have taken this to mean that if you were to put your collection of wavelenghts in these adapters you could conceivably have an unlimited choice in either the Mechnaical Mods or even the VW/VV mods. You can use this adapter it is for the most part what the vap industries standard is. The 510 connection, really they are 7mm X.5 pitch, is what the back of Jordans adapter uses and is what you would look for while shopping for a host.
8d81e83e-f4b5-49e4-8cd6-c7e3a5b7e670_zpsb87176e5.jpg

The possibilities are endless for you who would want to use one with VW/VV.
vamov68.png

There are some that are even Bluetooth so yea remote laser host with variable current perimeters from your smartphone.:shhh:

A word of caution folks, if you are thinking of building one of these, which I highly recommend, please think about driver configuration the mechanical mods usually take one 18650 or 2 18350 etc. The VV/VW will be boosting already so make sure to use a buck driver, either way you NEED to take caution and school yourself about your driver configuration before diving in.

Finally pics of my build... more to come you bet!!!!
d2cac4ab-67b1-4a4c-83c8-d79e0e0b3259_zpsa380b9d1.jpg

49dc320e-e2d3-4b47-bc33-774e1a04943e_zps74996529.jpg

ae1feab3-9698-4ca8-b26f-06d747f4c292_zpsb97da155.jpg

6d760ccf-83da-4765-ac57-ab267ac9c4a3_zps649a7f62.jpg

4cc6bab0-a462-4fb0-93a5-87c356a35041_zpsf39a0d0a.jpg

52c51ef5-8941-4d59-a1e5-707a2fc7ba22_zpsaeec4fde.jpg

A-140 set @1.2A using a X-boost one of the earlier version nice and beefy.
8934bfca-0af2-4150-8047-d8d72300bec2_zps8548b94f.jpg

So in short give DTR a PM or even better visit his sight, but a word of warning... They are going fast:shhh::shhh::shhh:

Thanks Jordan you get repz when system allows.:bowdown::bowdown::beer::beer:
Please post your DTR le-adapter builds here and any new methods or info so we can have a single place to referance. Get out there and build folks, have a good day and thank you for taking time to read this post.:thanks:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
jander, thats a great debut of the next big thing here at LPF! :beer:
Not to mention you've got yourself a couple of nice mods there, looking real good.
I can't wait to get mine built!

I sure wish I had some of that nice green grass like around here, this time of year!

Last edited:
jander, thats a great debut of the next big thing here at LPF! :beer:
Not to mention you've got yourself a couple of nice mods there, looking real good.
I can't wait to get mine built!

I sure wish I had some of that nice green grass like around here, this time of year!

Thanks you could expect a whole lotta more of these... post your pics here for us to enjoy:wave:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I don't have my DTR module/adapter yet, I'm waiting on a diode, but here are a couple of quick pics of my new Maraxus host; the"Defender"!
I think this badboy will look pretty sweet paired with DTR's NDB7675 462nm.

3725f068-937e-466f-af08-57ab83715832_zpszdwzflzk.jpg

d597b75b-d761-481a-93c3-6a57debf908f_zpsmhcp6rke.jpg

Last edited:

Pman

Units I have or on the way:

Vamo V7
1930901-5.jpg

NEW NEMESIS MECHANICAL MOD CLONE with my adapter on it but no actual module inside it yet.
Sxm4RL.jpg

Vamo Fire Wood
$_57.JPG

Vamo V7 Carbon Fiber
$_3.JPG

Sir Lancelot clone
$_57.JPG

Couple of 510 to USB adapters as some mods can be used to provide power for other things.
$_57.JPG

All purchased from US sellers except for the first one.

LOTS of stuff at Fasttech for those who would like to see a lot of what's out there in one place. Don't forget to try the code BLF for a likely discount. That code has worked for a couple years now.

Another link to some safety information that is easy to understand concerning the actual use as a Vape device.
https://myvape.wordpress.com/2014/01/07/the-simple-way-to-not-blow-a-hole-in-your-face-a-my-vape-guide/

So who's going to be the first one to get one of these?
$_57.JPG

Here's the breakdown of a basic mod showing how both ends work.
Just all the pieces parts for sizing for your battery. Many mods can take an 18350, 18490, 18500, 18650.
TYLZGx.jpg

First we have the front piece.
7kjDyi.jpg

This is it back in and it too can be adjusted so that it hits the center pin on the male 510
B2bZQm.jpg

You can see the screw back in place
CVYe7o.jpg

Adjust the screw to hit the 510 male center pin
mNn1gb.jpg

Back piece

zTDSuN.jpg

See how the center screw sits inside the black insulator slightly below it
SBVd3V.jpg

Taken apart
xUbimU.jpg

Black insulator/non-conductive piece
ja5Rro.jpg

Other side of it you can see the groove where the spring sits
onTUFo.jpg

Put back together with the screw partially screwed out and I'm holding the insulator piece down. You can adjust the screw so that you make good contact with the battery as batteries vary slightly in size.
GbLrMd.jpg

Screwed back in all the way
GODN4O.jpg

Take a Harbor Freight copper washer and place screw the screw down and KAZAM! Instant constant on. You have to say "KAZAM" or it won't work
uHLsas.jpg

Last edited:
This is just awesome.... got to go grab one. This gives me a reason to get more mods, hehe..

Edit: Lots of vape stores sell DIY stuff, so you can get 510 female connetors to screw the module into anything.

Like this 510 battery connector sealed. They even have pre-wired.

Last edited:

Pman

I should be getting the Carbon Fiber unit, DTR M462 today:)

Watched the vids in the first post and you should too.
Have that second vid side button one coming also and either a Fasttech all copper multiple battery taking mod or one I'm bidding on from Ebay. I dont know what hybrid post no center connection means. Anyone know? That's it for me.

Figured out that it reduces the overall length of the mod and just means that the + end of the battery is used instead of an adjustment screw/pin and this of course reduces the resistance or you could say increases the conductivity of the mod. Seems to work well from what I'm reading.

Looks like the FAsttech BLF code doesn't work for vape stuff:(

I stopped by a vape store today and had no idea you could get the liquid with no nicotine in it. Going to make some smoke today hopefully. Make smoke with one and beam with the other;)

Last edited:

wheedy

I've been wanting to somehow integrate a laser into my 510 mod.... Looks like I got beat to it!

But how does power factor into whatever it is we plug in? My mod goes from 3W to 15W. Voltage 3V-6V. I'm concerned about the wattage. What would we put that at for, say, a 9mm 445?

I've been gone from the laser scene too long.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to somehow integrate a laser into my 510 mod.... Looks like I got beat to it!

But how does power factor into whatever it is we plug in? My mod goes from 3W to 15W. Voltage 3V-6V. I'm concerned about the wattage. What would we put that at for, say, a 9mm 445?

I've been gone from the laser scene too long.

Wattage is the calculation for heat the device uses to input voltage to the coils on the vap all this to satisfy the needs or wants for the user. What is important here is your going to need to use a buck driver. The vaps boost circuit will power the buck and you will type in your desired parameters for either VV or VW on the vaps control buttons.

wheedy

Wattage is the calculation for heat the device uses to input voltage to the coils on the vap all this to satisfy the needs or wants for the user. What is important here is your going to need to use a buck driver. The vaps boost circuit will power the buck and you will type in your desired parameters for either VV or VW on the vaps control buttons.
I understand how wattage works for vaping, but as far as powering a laser through the 510 connection I don't see how it plays in. There's the voltage, easy, just set it to 3.7v and let the boost and buck handle the rest. I just don't get what the wattage does for the laser. :thinking:

I understand how wattage works for vaping, but as far as powering a laser through the 510 connection I don't see how it plays in. There's the voltage, easy, just set it to 3.7v and let the boost and buck handle the rest. I just don't get what the wattage does for the laser. :thinking:

Nothing that I can see, unless you measure total power used by diode and driver, then set a VW mod to that. It would seem easier to me to set the voltage to 6V and let it lase.

Pman

Didn't spend much time with the couple of units I received today other than make some no-nicotine smoke and firing my M462 on the straight battery mod just to test it. Most of the rest of the stuff is coming tomorrow and Saturday and a few others after that. I'll try and post a few pics tomorrow on what I have so far after the mail comes.
My understanding on the Wattage thing is varying it can ramp the laser power but I haven't tried it yet. The one I have at the moment is VV/VW but of course it has a 10 second limit. One with a 30 second limit that is supposedly just VW hasn't arrived yet to test. I think the Carbon Fiber V7 I got today lowest setting is 3W.

Yup, 3W-30W in .5W increments seems to be the norm.

Last edited:
LOVE THIS! Definitely breathing some life into the hobby. Viva la revolution! So nice since I started Vaping recently too ;)

~ LB

Pman

^:wave::D: Sir LZB is in the house what what what:)

Well funny thing is the flavor I got was conto candy and it must have gotten in the wrong pile because I didn't notice at the time that it is actually the weakest nicotine % you can get. Oh well, the other choices they had for 0 nicotine were pretty yuck. Guess I need to find a place that sells more choices of the 0 nic stuff.

Like those dogs running Wheedy. Have no idea how to do something like that but I know it's you if I see it. Have never changed my Avatar and no one else has anything like it so people know when they see it not to bother reading lol

EDIT: This is what I've found so far on the units I've received.
The Vamo Carbon Fiber unit is a VV/VW device and did a quick check with the M462 and it works fine. When I change the Volts or Watts too low the M462nm strobes extremely fast and is actually pretty cool although I don't know if this will damage the driver or not so someone needs to weigh in on this. Have not tested it to see if I actually get less output once I'm above the strobe points. This unit does NOT have a charging function setting and I believe that is the same for all VV/VW units. Being a VV/VW unit there's a limit of 10 seconds on though.

Received the Vamo Fire which is a VW unit and it vapes fine and is a very nice looking unit and can be set from 5-30 seconds fire in manual or auto mode BUT when I put on the M462 it says "without atomizer" and I know it is connecting properly to the pins. This is actually a Vamo V6 like the one Fasttech has except it has a design carved into the wood. So, I thought the unit would be one that wouldn't work for whatever reason with a DTR adapter. What the unit DOES have is a charging function so you can buy a 510 to usb adapter and do something like charge your phone. Guess what, it works as a constant on for the M462nm so it works fine with the adapters at full power;) The readout and swithing between options seems easier and nicer to me than the V7.

I have another Vamo V7 VW unit coming at some point from Banggood and that one IS a VW unit AND has the charging function so should have no issues working with an adapter for constant on. Expect to see "without atomizer" when trying to run it otherwise.

So, regular mods work fine of course but you need to decide what you want for functionality once you get into controller options.

-Vamo VV/VW: 10 second limit and no constant on function
-Vamo VW: can't change settings but you can turn it on charging mode for a constant on.
-Mechanical Mod: momentary switch unless you mod the tail or side switch.

Actually says "Sir Lanrelot" lol as it's a clone. Thick copper and nice weight to it.

It's an optical illusion that it's bent. Looks even nicer in person and it's a bit darker.

Couldn't stay steady enough but you get the idea

Last edited:

Pman

Shocked at what came in the mail today. Someone sent me some mods and I haven't got a clue who. I'll try and post some pics soon of them but we got 1.5' of snow today and it's still coming down and I'm exhausted from shoveling. Been out there 4 times so far and my back and right damaged arm are killing me.

One of the things I was sent was the silver hammer mod in this pic:) All I can say is WOW and I am most thankful. If you know me at all you know I mean that to the bone.
$_57.JPG

Last edited:

ru124t

I am very interested in these 510 threaded laser thingies! I have an herbal vaporizer that has this thread so it would prolly work as a laser! Very cool! I am subscribed to see how this works!
I could exhale smoke for most excellent beam shots!

Last edited: