Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

The Cyan Cannon Build is done

Encap

If you had anyone else but Robert building this, it would be horribly expensive as a one-off, the R&D time he put into it was great, but fortunately a labor of love for him because his hours probably amounted to being paid far less than minimum wage.

Exactly, is a professional level beautifully done effort, way beyond the scope and capability of most hobbyists.

You are very lucky to have it.

Post some beams shots and more photos when you receive it. Enjoy it.

Excellent work and contribution to LPF CDBEAM777 :gj:

Last edited:

Very nice job, Bob. You had to contend with a lot of optics in a very small package to get this to work. I know Chris will appreciate all your hard work. What is next on your plate? I know you are always starting something new. +Rep. Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS for joining the 1 million rep club. :D

Now I just read this thread - this is really a great work - perfect
I was thinking about this but I could not do it - and I'm very happy to see it. Surely this was the most feat I've ever seen.

Now I just read this thread - this is really a great work - perfect
I was thinking about this but I could not do it - and I'm very happy to see it. Surely this was the most feat I've ever seen.

Thanx for the kind words. Well....this build may be somewhere in the ,,,,,er.....ahhh...Top 20 ever......Such work is driven not by $$$.....It is driven by passion, hard work....and luck !!!

Such a build takes quite a while to complete....and there are typically ,many,many design changes. But...eventualluy...it all comes together ! As previously noted...lessons learned on this build....will be folded into future builds !!

Such sub components as the H-BE will be around to stay. Now....I may have some design changes in store for the RBT and or MTPC units.......I have had some thoughts lately...how to reduce the size or simplify the components.

But....also I would like to see some more builders of the Combiner Class HH.

I predict we may see some future builds done solo by Minamito !!!

Later,
CDBEAM

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice to hear from you, Minamoto,:beer: I was just thinking of you and your ongoing rocketry and space exploration program. I figure you ought to be close to getting your projects into earth orbit soon! :D

Edit: I didn't see your fireworks post until after posting here.

Last edited:
Fantastic!

How did you manage to correct both diodes with the same lenses? The NUBM07 has considerably worse divergence, doesn't it?

Last edited:

BobMc

So impressive CD, no words can express expect = :drool:

Congrats Alaskan you got such a work of art there, enjoy!

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to receiving it, I had Bob hold on to it for a month more to make a case to mount it in so it isn't a "laser pointer" anymore for mailing.

Fantastic!

How did you manage to correct both diodes with the same lenses? The NUBM07 has considerably worse divergence, doesn't it?

Yes...Look at the Top View....Different beam path lengths compensate for the difference in divergence.

Planned that way....seems to work...Not a perfect overlay....but close !!

CDBEAM :san::san:

Also...thanx all for the words of encouragement.....I wiil reread them.....when I am next frustrated with optics alignment !!....Sigh !!

Last edited:
Very impressive use of a single pair of 6X cyl lenses to correct both diodes. I do understand the way it was done, but doing it on paper is easy. What you accomplished in fact, is quite difficult. Good luck on your next project, Bob. :yh:

Thanx Paul !!!!!!!!!!!

First...a Build is done in one's head....then on CAD....then in reality.....where....typically...several design changes are demanded.

The more times I follow this general design...the less changes seem to appear !!

We follow the offering of the PNP junction / LD Raw asymmetric output....that is the true - ultimate driver of the design.

As I have said B4....The Laws of Optics....are a demanding Task Master.... Perfection follows an Asymptotic Curve !!

Thanx greatly for all your support

CDBEAM