Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Tag Abuse Problem Solved

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Just to let everyone know, Avery and I can now track who left a certain tag. The user responsible for most of the recent offensive tags was "CarnivalGame". He will now be permabanned and IP blocked. Now there were some other expletive and insulting tags left by a couple other people that were clearly not CarnivalGame. I'll delete them and ignore it this time, but if it happens again we will start publicly exposing who is leaving the tags and potentially temp banning anyone who leaves an inappropriate tag. Sorry for everyone having to put up this over the last little while and let's hope it stops here.

Last edited:

JLSE

You should 'out' these tag leaving participants.

The reason I say this, is they only did it thinking that they could not be caught.

Maybe take a poll and see if the community wants these names exposed for what they did.

Just a thought... Good work though!!

And he recently posted an 'appeal' poll thread to get let back on, didn't he? I bet Arenared would be a real gem to meet face to face.

Sociopaths are an interesting specimen to behold....

As for the "copycat taggers"; yes, probably a few folks that threw some fuel on the fire as soon as you said in the earlier thread "we can't find out who's doing it"...

...It seems like there are still some pretty disgusting tags being left in that thread? Is that someone else, or just stuff that hasn't been deleted yet?

Last edited:
I'm with wannaburn on this one. Just give the info to the forum members and let it go where it goes.

Wait, so why is this dude not banned yet?
Simon, you forgot your BanHammer at home?

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hey yeah. I can only ban people that have posted. I'll have to wait for c0ld to log in get rid of this guy. Even then it be a fight I think, given the amount of times he has already been banished. It'll be a good old game of his favorite "Carnival Game" haha :

whack-a-mole.jpg

BanHammer.jpg

Simon says YES! Ban way!
Mighty generous of you guys to let the "copycat taggers" off. Bunch of little children.

look at the tags.whoever is doing that is annoying.:tsk:
Won't annoy if you just ignore the little children.

Last edited:

daguin

We may have to just turn them off for awhile. They are not worth this much hassle

Peace,
dave

Hey guys... I keep reading about these "tags" and the abuse thereof. What exactly are they?

(I'm hoping that a lot of other folks don't know either and I'm just the first one with balls enough to ask...) :thanks:

Cheers, CC

Oh I see now...

I guess I never noticed the Tags box before. Is it's real purpose to help with searching or something?

Thanks for the illumination, BTW. (I just hate being out of it...) :confused:

Cheers, CC

Kenom

it is my belief that the system should be disable for the time being.. It's not just tags to my threads and situation that are being posted. I really could give a rats a$$ less what the tags say. I would like whoever has issues with me to voice them so that they can be addressed. I'm not the type to tolerate people who have issues with me without taking steps to remedy the issue. This anonymous crap is tiresome. It serves no purpose and it's just making folks upset and wasting peoples time. Not to mention it's a clear violation of the forum rules to post this kind of stuff.