Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Survival Laser Open Thread

I second Richie's compliment, it's always been a pleasure dealing with Gary and SL. :beer:
I should also be getting my small order from SL in the next day or two!
It’s like Christmas every time you get laser stuff in the mail :)
I may actually be ordering some more stuff from him soon to fill my new laser tool box :beer:

Ditto what they said above ^^^

Survival Lasers is a high integrity well run American business --- first class products and first class service. Gary has created an excellent and unique resource for laser enthusiasts and hobbyists.
I couldn’t agree more Encap :)
I would heat sink them at over 1.8A. Yes, heat sink the side with the two controllers.

I mount them to our heat sink driver pill like this:

33268862336_77a5156c8d_z.jpg

This picture shows a prototype driver with two pots, but the one pot on the production driver is easily accessible in this configuration.
Thanks for this info Gary.
Speaking of which, I do have a question. At some point in the future I may be ordering some of these drivers from you and for an up charge could you set the drivers to a desired current? Only because I don’t have the equipment to do this :(

Attachments

• 103256C7-D561-449C-9197-2D92A35FED1B.jpeg
    103256C7-D561-449C-9197-2D92A35FED1B.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Oh! That is one empty tool box, Richie. If you ever need help, I set these up for members all the time at no charge. :yh:

Oh! That is one empty tool box, Richie. If you ever need help, I set these up for members all the time at no charge. :yh:

Hey Paul, its definitely empty lol
You set them up really? I may take you up on that offer :) I used to buy just enough parts to build one laser at a time but now I find myself purchasing parts all the time with no laser build in site, just to say I’ve got parts laying around for the future, haha

Garoq

It’s like Christmas every time you get laser stuff in the mail :)
I may actually be ordering some more stuff from him soon to fill my new laser tool box :beer:

I couldn’t agree more Encap :)

Thanks for this info Gary.
Speaking of which, I do have a question. At some point in the future I may be ordering some of these drivers from you and for an up charge could you set the drivers to a desired current? Only because I don’t have the equipment to do this :(

Actually, I regularly do this for customers at no extra charge. Just mention it in the notes at checkout. ;)

icah93

+1 satisfied customer here.
I bought your C6 host solution for my 520nm build.
Everything works perfect, the PL520 diode driven by your driver set @220mA.

Just for curiosity, is there any coupon, voucher, discount for LPF members?
I would like to order items from you soon again...

+1 satisfied customer here.
I bought your C6 host solution for my 520nm build.
Everything works perfect, the PL520 diode driven by your driver set @220mA.

Just for curiosity, is there any coupon, voucher, discount for LPF members?
I would like to order items from you soon again...
Yes he does have a member discount for 10% shown where his signature area is. Funny thing is that I’ve been a Survival laser customer for a couple years now and have never actually used his discount, I guess I always forget lol!!

LPF445. That is good to know. I'm terrible about not reading everything in an ad, so I have missed this many times. I will try hard to remember next time, though.

Indeed he has. I had to be blind, sorry.
thats okay, thats better than me completly forgetting all together lol

LPF445. That is good to know. I'm terrible about not reading everything in an ad, so I have missed this many times. I will try hard to remember next time, though.

yeah well knowing me ill probably forget next time i order from gary anyways haha!

Hi Gary and Lorraine!
I just bought a pair of Eagle 190-540 nm OD goggles-and ordered a pair of over the lens 6OD. Thanks for your quick turnaround and a fine product. I am new to the hobby and my eyes thank you! :)

Hi Garry,

I must say you have created something rather unique, you have targeted a niche with excellent costumer service and reliability within a market seemingly dominated by unreliable, and potentially dangerous no-name brands giving misleading information in there products. You respect the dangers associated with such powerful lasers and the harm they can cause when mis-handled.

Although there was a connection issue with the driver upon receiving my build (most likely damaged during shipping from the US to the UK), I feel this was quickly out-shadowed by your quick and personal responses to my emails, and for that I am grateful.

Having gone back and forth troubleshooting the issue, there is now a new diode and driver on the way plus one very happy customer.

I can’t recommend Gary and Survival Lasers enough for keeping this hobby going, and most of all as safe as it can be.

Many Thanks
Sam

Gazen

Hi Garry,

I must say you have created something rather unique, you have targeted a niche with excellent costumer service and reliability within a market seemingly dominated by unreliable, and potentially dangerous no-name brands giving misleading information in there products. You respect the dangers associated with such powerful lasers and the harm they can cause when mis-handled.

Although there was a connection issue with the driver upon receiving my build (most likely damaged during shipping from the US to the UK), I feel this was quickly out-shadowed by your quick and personal responses to my emails, and for that I am grateful.

Having gone back and forth troubleshooting the issue, there is now a new diode and driver on the way plus one very happy customer.

I can’t recommend Gary and Survival Lasers enough for keeping this hobby going, and most of all as safe as it can be.

Many Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

Please make a post introducing yourself in the welcome section, it is considered good etiquette to do so.

Survivallasers is indeed one of the best companies known to this forum. Thanks for all that you’ve done for this hobby Gary, I will continue to go to you for build components.

Welcome to the forum Sam :)

-Charles

Last edited:

Garoq

Thanks Charles and Sam, I'm sorry for the late reply. Been really busy with the rocket business, family and various projects.

Just received my safety glasses , fast turn around and shipping , Just as before : )

Thanks .