Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Surprisingly good 450nm 5mW pointer from Aliexpress

Hi, it's been a very long time since i posted on this forum :shhh:
Now in a middle of war between 5W++ 445-465nm laser, i just want to share a surprisingly "true" 5mW 450nm pointer with a price of ~$19

For some, maybe having a collection of ~5mW pointer of all colors are more preferred than having bunch of monotonic of BIG WATT laser :crackup::crackup:

As for reviewing pointer, i have nothing much to write. It just a pointer with true 450nm actually :crackup:
Here is the >link<

FYI: At first, i thought this was just a falsely advertised 405nm laser, because the price doesn't match any 445-450nm low power diode out there (or am i missing things? :anyone:)

Pics: Nice n shiny :D:D:D:D:D
all.jpg

End cap: At first, i was not be able to fully insert the end cap, but now i can. Maybe i bent the spring inside because of the force i used. :crackup:
end_cap.jpg

Beam profile: The beam is about 4*1.5mm with 1mm artifact at one of the end. And yes, as per my eyes, it's clearly 445-450nm laser.
beam.jpg

Power graph: As you can see, it's averaged at 6.341mW. The current draw i measured using DMM from 2x AAA 1.5v Battery is about ~80mA
450nm_5m_W.png

I wonder what kind of diode inside it :thinking::anyone:
As i cannot find a 445-450nm diode at the price below ~$19, i suspected that this pointer using a 450nm die attached directly to the casing, just like those cheap red pointer.
I cannot open the laser either, the case is very sturdy for a mere pointer, and i don't want to disasemble it, even if it just ~$19 :horse:

Last edited:

Pman

No idea what kind of diode that is but I agree it doesn't look at all like a 405nm. I think you meant 80mW and not mW for current draw:) it is a nice clean looking pen. What kind of LPM are you using? That's a really nice looking graph.

No idea what kind of diode that is but I agree it doesn't look at all like a 405nm. I think you meant 80mW and not mW for current draw:) it is a nice clean looking pen. What kind of LPM are you using? That's a really nice looking graph.

I think you just did typo like myself :crackup:
well actually i've an urge to break the laser, but later when i order another one :D

That graph is from my own designed LPM, i'll post a thread about it later as i (maybe) want to sell it here, later :whistle:

Last edited:
This is a very good deal. IMO 450nm is definitely look better than 405nm

Nice info. But still, he doesn't have pics of the diode facing front. i did ask him though.

Last edited:
Nice info. But still, he doesn't have pics of the diode facing front. i did ask him though.

Sorry I've been gone a while. Newborn baby and all. I will as soon as I can. It's a normal 3.8mm diode. I didn't remove the diode from the module. There isn't much to see from the front. It's a diode in a can.