Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Super Freak 445nm Build "Fat Boy" >2.7W

Arayan

It's insane, man...
meraviglia.jpg

I love it... but DEMAND a name change...

That laser is no Boy....

It's a FAT MAN!

Also I could be wrong but AFAIK this is the most powerful single diode build to date:drool:

Couple of these super freaks, with some optics and you could conceivably do a 5W build:shhh:

Hot damn, that is one freaky diode indeed! How do you even find these anomalies in a series of diodes? You just push a lot of current through and see which survive?

No name, no male or female lasers....2.7w speaks for itself!:gun::gun::gun::gun::gun::gun:

I have that host with the flashlight guts. 30W of input power.

Definitely doesn't control the output that well ;-)

Be careful about the metal, it is pretty thin in places, like tailcap, and can bend easily if dropped.

Last edited:
Alright guys.:D

I was not able to get its true peak power tonight as you do know 445nm very quit a bit. I had already giving it a run when i got home and this was the next test i did since then which was a few hours ago. But i should be able to get the peak tomorrow.:)

None the less its still impressive:
DSC01838.jpg

:drool:

Its Pretty stable. Drops like any other 445nm does.:) Hopefully tomorrow i can catch it on a good day with the video.:wave:

X Drive V6 set to 1.83A;)

Ohhhhhhhhh DTR.:na:

j/k

Last edited:
For f**k's sake, is anyone going to buy this like srs I need my paycheque in asap ....

Last edited:
Oh My God kitty, LOL.

Nice work, once again. You're a freakin' animal brother. :beer:

Last edited:
morepower.jpg

Do you see much of a difference between 1.7 and 2.7W?

Until I can melt metal from 20 feet away with a handheld, I think i've just about satisfied my need for more powah with 1.7W builds.

However, I still haven't even touched a 635nm build, so there is work to be done yet.