Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Strange Things About Blu-Ray (405nm)

Miloš said:
great post Dave. I'm sure this thread will grow..  

Miloš !!!

It's great to see your brooding avatar again.

Peace,
dave

I've updated the list of "strange things." See the first post.

Peace,
dave

WOW... great write up. BTW (by the way) do you have any source of anyone selling powerful lasers from a range of $50-$ 200 ;D

whitelaser12345nm said:
WOW... great write up. BTW (by the way) do you have any source of anyone selling powerful lasers from a range of $50-$  200 ;D

Check the Buy/Sell/Trade board

Peace,
dave

ArdvarkOfDoom said:
You'll have to include the 8x diodes when they come out :)

Was that you volunteering to buy one for me? ;)

I'll be your friend forever . . . . .

Peace,
dave

Hahaha, if I was rich maybe.  I think that it'd be worth it for all of the information that you provide!

Besides, getting you one would probably be like getting you crack... but that first hit would be all of the addiction I'd feed ;)

EDIT: as soon as I posted this, I got visions of shady dudes standing on street corners with big trenchcoats full of flashlights, wires, batteries, and various laser sleds...

ArdvarkOfDoom said:
EDIT: as soon as I posted this, I got visions of shady dudes standing on street corners with big trenchcoats full of flashlights, wires, batteries, and various laser sleds...

So you've been following me, have you?

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=thesk8nmidget link=1219161671/20#21 date=1219361008]

We have also discovered that the diode must be set BELOW the surface of the AixiZ module.  When it is set all the way in, the lens doesn't have to be so deep in the module to get it focused up close.
What do you mean by this? Does anyone have any pictures ? I might be building a 2nd for a friend.. just curious?

mbaran said:
We have also discovered that the diode must be set BELOW the surface of the AixiZ module.  When it is set all the way in, the lens doesn't have to be so deep in the module to get it focused up close.

What do you mean by this? Does anyone have any pictures ? I might be building a 2nd for a friend.. just curious?

This picture is of the Merideth, but it illustrates the point:

803T_adapterDiagram.jpg

If you only press the diode into the module until it is "flush" (like the first figure) it will be more difficult to get focused.  The diode must be pressed in until it "seats" all the way to the front of the module recess.

Peace,
dave

This is how deep you can place them

Hpim4552_small.jpg

Another view
Hpim4474_small.jpg

Wrong way (in this zoomed photo you can even see the side of the diode reflecting in the beveled hole of the aixiz
Hpim4282_small.jpg

This red diode is even leaking light, proving that there is an air gap (and as a (long) open can, constantly recycling air, transporting dust, can be deadly)
Hpim4560_small.jpg

daguin said:
Sorry.  It isn't just one post or I would have just copied it herein.  IgorT talks about seeing multiple beams, ghost beams, different colors, fat beams, even beams in his sleep !

You forgot to say "beams after the laser was turned off".. ;)

Otherwise, yes. But only until my eyes got used to it. Now i see the beams perfectly fine, and it takes a really high power spot from up close, to leave an afterimage.

Back