Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Store with batteries?

For those of you with battery-powered lasers, do you store them with or without the batteries? Thanks.

udanis

Without. If the laser turns on while stored it could over-heat the laser or ruin the battery.

^And if the stove turns on while I'm out of the house, that could ruin my day. So I always disconnect all electrical power and gas lines from my house when I leave :D

With.

Blord

I never take out the batteries. Too much hassle to getting them out and putting it back in. There are too much devices here which are battery powered.

Do you guys also take the batteries out on your television/video remote or battery running clock ? Or disconnect the lead-acid battery in your car when you are not driving ?

Ash

I leave all the batteries in all of my lasers when I store them (other than the ones that don't fit into the box with the tail caps on [rayfoss-FLX, FP200mW-keychain, etc...]).
I have yet to find any of my lasers accidentally left "on" or with dead batteries in them.

i usually just take the tall cap off, or uncrew it partially till it wont turn on. that way the battery doesn't stay compressed either.

anselm

I would remove alkalines from 2xAAA pens if stored for a longer period.
Those batteries can and eventually will leak juice, making an unnecessary mess.
Li-Ions I see no trouble leaving them inside.