Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Stonetek.org

Sorry to necro--BUT as anyone found out what has happened to Greg??

Hack --
Greg and I used to talk on landline but he was
having physical problems. That was too long ago
and I have heard nothing lately.
HMike

You mean over two years have passed and nothing has been heard? I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means... :(

Things

He was in a pretty bad shape, I do hope he is still around and well, but in all fairness with the amount of pain and suffering he was in - maybe he's in a better place :(

Thanks guys.. can't say i don't agree... I found what may just be another Greg Stoner at Linkitin. Not hearing back from our TEXLEM 2012 invite with no reply even tho it was being held also in San Antonio made me feel the worst back then.. I never got to meet him but he had a lot of friends here and will be missed... HK

i never gave up looking for Greg, not cause he owes me anything but because i consider him a friend, my first laser i built was with a diode i purchased from Greg. I found his address in San Antonio and found a neighbor who relayed a message to him at his address just a few weeks ago, well greg responded back to me and does not seem to happy at the current moment which is sad i just wish him the best is all. and he also didnt want me to tell anyone or post this information anywhere (sorry Greg) i just thought people would like to hear he was alive, although i dont know his condition. he was upset at his business and said that he failed at it which i dont believe i feel he did a great job and was a friend to alot of us. well thats all just wanted to let you all know.

i never gave up looking for Greg, not cause he owes me anything but because i consider him a friend, my first laser i built was with a diode i purchased from Greg. I found his address in San Antonio and found a neighbor who relayed a message to him at his address just a few weeks ago, well greg responded back to me and does not seem to happy at the current moment which is sad i just wish him the best is all. and he also didnt want me to tell anyone or post this information anywhere (sorry Greg) i just thought people would like to hear he was alive, although i dont know his condition. he was upset at his business and said that he failed at it which i dont believe i feel he did a great job and was a friend to alot of us. well thats all just wanted to let you all know.

Doesn't matter if he failed or if he believes he failed at his business. The fact that he's alive is the most important. So what's his current condition? Why doesn't he want us to know?

He didn't really discuss his status, and he wasn't very happy that i got ahold of him and did not want to discuss anything, and asked me to please just leave him alone which is really sad because I was just trying to get ahold of him to let him know we were all concerned about him. I just told him sorry if I bothered you and hope he is doing well. I hope Greg understands if he reads this that the only reason I told all of you is so you know he is out there, I kinda wish he would come back to the laser world Greg is a very smart guy and was nothing but nice always.

Well, that's quite depressing. Reading his posts and threads (I joined after he left) he seemed like an all around great guy. Every single one of his posts was filled with enthusiasm and happiness- and certainly the business aspect seemed to be great. I wonder what his deal is, and why he wants nothing to do with anyone...pretty sad :( maybe his time of poor health lead to depression of some sort? Not sure what else it would be. Hope he comes around some day.

Edit: random side note, but wow...looking back at all those posts, I realize there's a lot of really great members that haven't been around in forever. It's a shame :(

Last edited:
Sounds like he's ashamed of not measuring up. In his mind it's bad but to everyone else it's not even an issue.