Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

StoneTek Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDDZ

Is he on vacation? Placed an order on the 2nd before they opened. Still states processing on the web site. Sent an email off this morning, no reply. I hope everything is okay over there:confused:

Last edited:

i would suggest giving him a chance to reply. not sure what time zone hes in but its 6:30 here so he might still be in bed..

CDDZ

I was hoping someone has spoken to him is all. I will give him a ring here in a bit. :)

daguin

Greg sometimes takes a couple of days to get to work. ;)

He is trustworthy. :gj:

Unless there is a really pressing time crunch for you, I would not be concerned about him.

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

Also, consider the possible delays caused from your postal system ..... i'm still waiting items from some users from like 2 and 3 weeks, as example, but here in Italy postal service say that delays from 2 to 4 weeks are "normal working time" :p

CDDZ

Also, consider the possible delays caused from your postal system ..... i'm still waiting items from some users from like 2 and 3 weeks, as example, but here in Italy postal service say that delays from 2 to 4 weeks are "normal working time" :p

We are in the same country, the order still says processing. He has not returned any emails or phone calls. I hope everything is okay :confused:

He was already and established seller when I joined this forum nearly 4 years ago (holy shit!) and I've yet to hear of any bad business deals from him.

CDDZ

He was already and established seller when I joined this forum nearly 4 years ago (holy shit!) and I've yet to hear of any bad business deals from him.

I know, I searched before I ordered. As I said I am concerned. Has anyone heard from him lately?

rhd

I'm quite sure there is no problem. Sometimes people go places, even for multiple days at a time ;)

CDDZ

I am getting a bit irritated. I am a member of many online forums, mostly related to products I manufacture. It is all too common when a "noob" may address concern about a senior member, that said "noob" will get flamed or worse.
For the life of me do not understand why you would walk away from your website and not post any notices or simply shut it down temporarily while you are away. If one of my distributors conducted business in this manner, they would not be distributors for very long. I attempted to contact him via email, his website, and by phone and left two voicemail messages. I said if I did not hear from him soon I would have to file a PayPal dispute, I was not trying to be rude or make threats. As a "consumer", I have the right to receive my purchased goods within a reasonable amount of time. Six business days and no status change to an order is not reasonable to me. He was paid immediately via PayPal. There are many ways to contact a customer if your ISP is down. A simple call back or email reply would have been plenty. Instead I get this via PayPal within 2 hours after sending him notice via PayPal.

"Fibre cut in my neighborhood has prevented me being online all week long, keep your money, shop elsewhere - I don't do well with threats, Chad. Don't bother shopping back at my store, you are fired. I had major internet issues, and ONE day with no communications on the phone, and you open a dispute. Bye."
He refunded my money and the dispute was closed. I would never speak to one of my customers in that manner, NEVER! Maybe I expect the same level of customer service from others that I provide. Maybe he does not sell enough to be all that concerned about repeat business, I will never know.
Regards,
Chad

Last edited:

rhd

"If one of my distributors conducted business in this manner, they would not be distributors for very long."
- He's not some big distributor, and you're probably not ordering some hugely expensive time sensitive piece of hardware. If this was a mission critical purchase, I'm sure you would have purchased from a traditional electronics distributor.

Anyway... SIX DAYS and you're this angry? Give me a break, come join the real world, and be patient.

If a high post-count, high rep member came and started an entire thread because of a 6-day shipping delay, I'm pretty sure we'd all tell him/her the same thing - IE "Give me a break, come join the real world, and be patient"

The difference might be that a high post-count, high rep members would be unlikely to start such a thread in the first place ;)

I'm sure everything is fine.

Last edited:

CDDZ

"If one of my distributors conducted business in this manner, they would not be distributors for very long."
- He's not some big distributor, and you're probably not ordering some hugely expensive time sensitive piece of hardware. If this was a mission critical purchase, I'm sure you would have purchased from a traditional electronics distributor.

Anyway... SIX DAYS and you're this angry? Give me a break, come join the real world, and be patient.

If a high post-count, high rep member came and started an entire thread because of a 6-day shipping delay, I'm pretty sure we'd all tell him/her the same thing - IE "Give me a break, come join the real world, and be patient"

The difference might be that a high post-count, high rep members would be unlikely to start such a thread in the first place ;)

I'm sure everything is fine.

I am not angry about the 6 day wait, that could have been solved with a simple phone call. I am angry from the message he sent me after I contacted PayPal.

rhd

If someone lodged a paypal dispute against me after 6 days, I'd probably tell them the same thing. If I was selling something on a webstore, I wouldn't want repeat business from a customer who lodges paypal disputes after 6 days either.

I can think of two situations this year where I was in your shoes. A respected member on this forum had sold something, it hadn't arrived, and communication was lacking. I waited 45 days + and most others in similar situations did also.

Life happens. You're not buying from distributors. You're not paying distributor prices either. Try buying a 445nm diode from a distributor... or even a 658nm 300mW diode. See how those prices sit with you :)

daguin

Despite your saying that you were really just worried that he was alright . . .

Despite multiple, reputable members here telling you not to worry . . .

Despite your saying that you weren't pressed for time . . .

You filed a dispute after 6 days? :wtf:

He's NOT one of "your distributors."

He's a little guy trying to make a few extra bucks and provide a service to this community.

You're a spoiled child, stomping his foot because Mommy didn't trim the crust off of his bread.

I'd fire you too

Peace,
dave

CDDZ

A spoiled child? You are trying to push my buttons. It is fine that you are defending your fellow veteran member. But to insult me?

I may be a bit spoiled, but I would make a funny looking 6 year old :p. I am used to getting things shipped a lot sooner if it is in stock is all. You gotta think, I don't know you guys or him from Adam.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.