Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

'Special' JETLASERS GB--now Closed

Re: JETLASERS Pop-up quicky Group Buy

Razako is right, as long as you aren't using it maliciously nobody is going to call the police just because they see a laser in the sky, and if the did I doubt the police would take it seriously unless you were supposedly pointing at planes, which if you weren't, could be easily confirmed with air traffic control, who maintains a record of laser incidents.

Off Axis invisibility is best.
I am not going to explain to you people how things work in the Big Cities.
I have never seen a Laser in the Sky where I live and I am not going to be a Pioneer in this area...lol.

Last edited:

Razako

Off Axis invisibility is best.
I am not going to explain to you people how things work in the Big Cities.
I have never seen a Laser in the Sky where I live and I am not going to be a Pioneer in this area...lol.
Yeah because it's pretty hard to see a laser in the sky from even a few blocks away unless it's something crazy like a 1W+ laser. Just trying to give you a little advice so you might enjoy this hobby more. Obsessively worrying about everything being <5mw is no way to have fun.

Last edited:

If the idiots had not been pointing at Planes we would not even have to worry right ?

I asked Max at Lazerer about a few 5 mw and he will make a 515nm 5 mw in a Mini or Cyber at low price...but he seems to think no visible beam at 5mw.

The Astronomy Sites say Z Bolt have visible beam very bright with 5 mw 532 and dim visible beam at 450nm Blue..

I was hoping I could eventually have 5mw in various wavelengths as the Diodes become more available but apparently the exotic colors may be really expensive still.. I am seeing a lot of new Diode wavelengths...

Razako

I'm just saying you could probably go up to a 30mw mini 520nm from lazerer and beam visibility from the sides still wouldn't be a big issue. I'm not saying you should go crazy and get a 1W unit, but a 5mw possibly won't give you a visible enough beam under city light conditions to be impressive. 5mw is only really suitable if you're out in a really dark area. Astronomy groups like them for star pointing for that reason. In a city I worry that 5mw won't really be all that visible though.

Last edited:

City life sucks, I used to think I would like it, now I want to stay as far away as possible.

Even at 3am cameras are everywhere, you have no freedom in a city, you have to drive to a range to shoot a gun and you can't even cut down your own tree on your own property.

I used to wonder why people would want to live isolated, now I get it, well except for dating, it's freedom and peace of mind.

Last edited:

I live out in an agricultural area, so I just hold my 1W 520 skyward and let people form their own ideas about what's coming down from space

I completely agree cowboy. I work in San Francisco and I hate driving in every night. I live 50 miles away but still too many people for my tastes. Actually I'm kinda over California in general.

By the way, does anyone happen to know when Hakzaw is placing the order from JETlasers?

Pman

You are more likely to see a weak beam in a smoggy city but you have city lights to contend with so it may be a wash. I like where I live just outside a more real city but what really stinks is living within a few miles of a major airport and not being able in good conscience to shine one in the sky.
I can understand the 5mW thing seriously but for most of us it's about the beams and you although there are a few available wavelengths that you might be able to see more than a dot the others would definately need to be above 5mW and some significantly more so.
On top of that some wavelengths may not have a threshold of "lazing" that low so if you really want to collect as many wavelenghts as you can you will have to accept that not to mention it can cost a small fortune for the more exotic ones.
No one should be getting all out of sorts over any of this. I could care less if others don't like what I have in my collection. My $, my choice. There are a few members that collect in the ranges you are talking about. I wouldn't have anything to do with this hobby if all I saw were colored dots on a wall but a teacher might love it and I say good on them. It would be kind of cool if I was a professor and had all kinds of colored dots that the other professors would find pretty neat. Would have certainly been great when I was training others in Nuclear power things back in the day.
Reading between the lines it sounds like what you are really after is the visibility of a 5mW 532nm in other wavelengths which should be doable. You will not get what you are after though without spending some decent $ as I would not expect any real accurate power outputs unless you deal with a good builder here or commission a pricey company to custom build for you. I don't really know anything about z-bolt but I wouldn't be putting faith in Max at lazerer for a very specific output. Others may want to weigh in on this but please chill a bit. If this is what he wants this is what he wants and that's great regardless of whether any of us would choose it. Helpful not hurtful peoples;)
Any help you or any of us get should always be apreciated. Can't see how choosing to be nicer than you have to be and thanking all who help is ever the wrong answer.

Now, what was this thread about?:) Thanks Len.

Last edited:

THIS Group Buy is closed.

all wanted lasers are in stock-
Tracking will be sent by PM only..
so you will know when I get delivery.
and change in address needs to be sent to me via PM AND gmail (username)
ASAP!!
when they get to all I would like to let this thread go away-
please post reviews and tests at our group JOG-- its time to begin low level flight...

Re: Closed

GUDNEWZ BUMP
New batch of Eq. Series- focus not yet fixed=so these WILL be focusable.

JL is just now coming to work= it is POSSIBLE that I could add to the order.. if you PM me at once.

no tracking sent yet-since we have not paid yet... we need to give this time..

Hey Hak, thanks for PMing me. I've sent the payment. Thanks for all your help!

wrong GB BB.. this one is for Jetlasers- but..

Thanks BB-the $$ is in the bank BUT for reasons I fail to understand--they want me to come back in the morning to transfer the funds--??-anyway-Linna knows we are ready so I hope she has the testing done on all 8 pcs-has the case ready to give to DHL= although in the past it was fast--my bank said today it may take 7 days?? wtw?

FYI I WILL be using the addresses connected with the money sent-unless anyone has a different one..

the JL GB is closed- one box is in transist the second is going out today-- JL felt the extra cost to split ship was worth the added security one gets w/ small lighter boxes--

Last edited: