Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Some more stuff for sale, diodes and drivers

I still have a few odds and ends for sale, mostly didoes and drivers.

I have 3 A140 diodes, $37 each shipped

I also have three PHR diodes, $10 shipped

I have a 500mW 635 c-mount and a matched corrective lens for $50. Brand new!

I also have a 2W 808nm c-mount with a set of blue crystals for $50. Also brand new!

I have 5 LOC sleds, still new in box. I'm asking for $25 shipped for these.

I have three Jibdrives; 379mA, 444mA and 500mA. $15 shipped for all three!

I also have a B&W Tech 473nm module laser. It is super stable, but needs a little divergence work. There are quick fixes for divergence that are pretty simple, I can show you the specific threads with directions if you are interested.

I'm asking $75 shipped for this laser, but open to offers.

Lastly I have a set of laser saftey glasses, three different pairs that cover the most popular parts of the visible spectrum. There are an extra pair of 405-445 blocking glasses included too. These are not certified classes, couldn't tell you what the OD is or any of that. I can say they block enough light that I feel safe doing work up close, no direct hits though. $25 shipped for all 4 pairs!

I have pictures of everything, just ask and I'll post some pics!

Thanks for looking!

I would be interested in the 500mW 635 "C" mount, is there a guarantee of any kind with it ?

Is it brand new ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays :san:

I would be interested in the 500mW 635 "C" mount, is there a guarantee of any kind with it ?

Is it brand new ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays :san:

It was sold to me as a brand new 635nm 500mW diode, I have no reason to believe it is anything different. It is still sealed in the packaging I received it in, brand new.

500635.jpg

What range does each pair cover? I need some!

Roughly; 405, 445, 473, 532, 635 and 660. Again, these are not intended for a direct hit. They are more than enough for diffraction from things up close; white walls, matches, balloons etc...

glasses.jpg

What power is the 473nm?

It seems to regulate itself just fine at the rated 10mW, it does get notably brighter when you remove the optical pickoff. I don't have a meter, but I would guess it to be around 20-25mW.

blue2016.jpg

dibbs on them goggles pontiac

edit: please send me a
Order receipt from P5's Laser Warehouse

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22482

This would be my first labby, if I order the 473nm one, do I get a PSU with it?

Thanks.

ginhev123: Those 473nm lasers come with PSUs. You'll get about 10mW out of that laser, which is actually pretty good, and a nice lab-style housing.

Laserco: Aw, I wanted those, but more for experimental purposes. Could you do us a favor: if you have a meter, can you test how those goggles perform, especially those solid yellow ones for 445nm? I've already tested some of the wrap-around ones like he has there and they did not provide adequate protection for at least 600mW of 445nm. It would be good to determine whether there are good, cheap goggles for that wavelength that aren't those hard-to-see-through red ones. I'd also like to see if those blue goggles for red are any good, or if I should just go out and buy those OEM ones I've been eying, but cost far more (that I could spend elsewhere).

Pontiac - is it $10 shipped for all three PHRs? If so, I will take the five LOC sleds and the 3 PHRs for $35 shipped?

jimdt7

I would like the goggles and the LOC sleds if still available.

Jim

This would be my first labby, if I order the 473nm one, do I get a PSU with it?

Thanks.

Yep, it comes with a PSU. You can see it in the picture I posted of the laser above. It's a matched supply, has LEDs that indicate the status of the laser.

ginhev123: Those 473nm lasers come with PSUs. You'll get about 10mW out of that laser, which is actually pretty good, and a nice lab-style housing.

Laserco: Aw, I wanted those, but more for experimental purposes. Could you do us a favor: if you have a meter, can you test how those goggles perform, especially those solid yellow ones for 445nm? I've already tested some of the wrap-around ones like he has there and they did not provide adequate protection for at least 600mW of 445nm. It would be good to determine whether there are good, cheap goggles for that wavelength that aren't those hard-to-see-through red ones. I'd also like to see if those blue goggles for red are any good, or if I should just go out and buy those OEM ones I've been eying, but cost far more (that I could spend elsewhere).

I can say that the big yellow glasses do more than the black framed ones for 445. The big ones block enough to make me feel safe burning things up close, but they probably do let 20-30mW through on a direct hit. Plenty of protection for specular reflections IMO, NOT for a direct hit. I got those big yellow glasses at Advanced Auto Parts in a freon leak test kit. I think I paid about $20 for the glasses, a UV reactive dye and a UV pen light.

The red goggles let more 660 through than 635. They block almost all 635, and most 660. Again, plenty of blockage of 660 for burning up close but no direct hits.

Just want to make sure everyone knows that :p

Pontiac - is it $10 shipped for all three PHRs? If so, I will take the five LOC sleds and the 3 PHRs for $35 shipped?

Yep, $10 for all three. $35 shipped for the PHRs and LOCs. These are old case neutral PHRs, and they are the older LOC style. Can't remember the exact numbers though...

If that's OK send me an e-mail address and I'll send an invoice!

I would like the goggles and the LOC sleds if still available.

Jim

It looks like both are taken right now, unfortunately. I'll let you know if they becomve available again.

Thanks guys!

PM's replied to...

I also found this, while cleaning house today. It's a pair of corrective optics for 445 diodes from DrLava. They are still new in the bag they came in, directions included. They are supposed to fix the divergence of 445 diodes a lot, they may work on 635 diodes too.

IMG_20111226_194315.jpg

I have no idea what I paid for these, but I know it was up there. I'm going to ask for $50 shipped but will take any offers.

Does anyone even know if these optics are still available?

Can we see a picture of the 473nm labby's spot at a far enough distance that it is diverged out? I'm curious about the transverse mode and the degree of splash or artefacts.

I can get a picture of the spot tomorrow, but for now I can say that the transverse mode does settle to a nice clean TEM00 spot. There is a bit of spatter but it is not excessive, I've always attributed it to a dirty lens somewhere.

Wait, I just remembered I have pics of the spot buried in my photobucket from way back when I got the thing.

This is the spot with a lens I pulled from a casio projector to help the divergence. Nice clean TEM00 mode and not too much spatter (enough to be hidden by the flash ;) )
This is at 3.5 meters.

52871d53.jpg

jimdt7

@Pontiacg5
can you please tell me what things have left ?

Jim