Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some avatars make me angry

You sig bugs the crap out of me because A. It wastes a lot of space. B. it's animated and annoying. C. Red/Blue are terrible color combinations, add the sparkles and it takes my eyes a moment to adjust and actually be able to read the damn thing. This one's actually much better because it satisfies point C and the animation is smaller and less obnoxious so that can mostly cover point B as well.

1. Get Opera.
2. Block the sig.
3. Shut up.
4. ??????
5. PROFIT!!

You sig bugs the crap out of me because A. It wastes a lot of space. B. it's animated and annoying. C. Red/Blue are terrible color combinations, add the sparkles and it takes my eyes a moment to adjust and actually be able to read the damn thing. This one's actually much better because it satisfies point C and the animation is smaller and less obnoxious so that can mostly cover point B as well.
so strange isnt it, that I am capable of selectively focusing attention on some things than others. if i find a sig in some way annoying, i can choose to ignore it. and in the first case, a picture wouldnt annoy me enough to annoy me anyway :p
maybe you have ADD or something. reminds me of my autistic cousin. he is never completely happy with his environment. always slightly too warm or too cold. constantly trying to make it perfect. you will never get perfection. you need to be able to not be completely receptive and responsive to outward stimuli all the time.

Note:firefox has adblock too. Also, I've never had a problem with 2007's avatar as A:just because they're middle eastern doesn't mean they're terrorists B:if it WAS a terrorist, they would have a poorly made bomb, not a rocket launcher C:many middle easterners view US (the west, that is) as terrorists, and I'm not gonna say they're 100% wrong (if they invaded our country would those who disapprove say differently?) D:those pics are probably fake as no middle eastern army I know would give a woman a weapon like that, women have to get weapons themselves :p like that one badass Iraqi chick who stole the gun of some thug who was beating her father and killed the other thug with an axe :beer:

i find alot of the av interesting and most time i too remeber an av pic befor a name.
A while back a member had the same av as MFO the laser pumkin and i did press for the user to change his av knowing that MFO had left the forum for the second time.
Every time i saw it my first thought was mfo and it got on my nervs.
I dont think i have ever been offended by one here.
i used to be a part of a forum where a guy had a 10 image gif file of a real cat in a blender. that is the only time i ever got pissed by seeing a image.
Also i am not a fan of huge sigs,
Some users for a long time had like 15+lines of the lasers they own and then some,
But none of those make me angry just i tend to ignore you more often.

Cat in a blender? WTF, I would honestly put the people that did that in a blender if I could... a blendtec blender, of course.... Those can handle human bone no problem.

That's precisely right. That's like those simply tasteless pictures that were found on here of some young, female suicide bomber's head lying in the street after she had killed herself and others.. along with text and commentary glorifying her actions. Muslims can't get mad when the world gets upset with the despicable actions of their extremist members. If Muslims want the world to respect and appreciate them, then not killing people would be a real great place to start, and not posting offensive imagery with gun-toting muslim Jihadi might not hurt either. As T_J said, how about posting pics in support of peace, or in support of ending religious violence? It seems like the common muslim is always so quick to point out the fact that they themselves are non-violent. I don't ever hear them condemning the violence commited by the extrmists, though..

This is an old thread, so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I know that I deleted this ^^post^^ awhile back because I posted the same opinions later on in this thread, yet mysteriously it has been undeleted. Only a mod or admin could have restored it.

To the mods/admin: I'm not worried about my own controversial views being public. I have NO problem with this post remaining posted IF I WANT IT POSTED. I'm not embarrassed even slightly by my beliefs on this subject and I'm not even slightly worried about whether or not my beliefs end up angering people. I didn't delete this post because I wanted it hidden, I deleted it because it is largely redundant. Do us all a favor and leave other members posts alone. Undeleting posts that have been deleted by their authors is a GROSS misuse of whatever powers you've been given. I'm sure I know who is responsible...:yabbmad: