Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

some avatars make me angry

The meaning of my avatar is offensive because guitar amplifers are sometimes used by "disgusting" rock stars. Or was that punk?

sid.jpg

My avatar was created in 2007, from a logo I created for an amplifier I was building. I brought it from a large audio forum I'm also a member of. The logo didn't include the word MAX, but was added later. The amplifier I had actually named the Microbrut, was a small transistor driven guitar amplifier. While this product worked well, I didn't pursue it due to other projects. The lightning bolts and strong arm actually were intended to portray High Voltage and Power, which fit the other forum well.

It makes sense that you would treat someone based on their avatar pic because what they post directly reflects their personality. I actually find that I treat a person by their signature more frequently than by their avatar. I can't get over TJ's sig pic and take him seriously while it exists "silly willy" but he seemed quite serious before in spite of his avatar being curly from the 3 stooges with one of the top 100 goofiest expressions possible.

It makes sense that you would treat someone based on their avatar pic because what they post directly reflects their personality. I actually find that I treat a person by their signature more frequently than by their avatar. I can't get over TJ's sig pic and take him seriously while it exists "silly willy" but he seemed quite serious before in spite of his avatar being curly from the 3 stooges with one of the top 100 goofiest expressions possible.

similar actions may differ in motive

Rafa

My favorite Megadeth song of them all!!!

Nah, he's not prejudiced. Right now in the world Muslim extremists are screwing with a lot of people. People are trying to forget that. Seeing pictures that, even if they are not meant to, portray Muslims with weapons makes people uneasy. It makes it so they cant forget. I dont pretend to understand where you are coming from. But I understand why people would be upset. Your photos only have meaning for yourself. How are we suppose to know they are members of the national armies? I dont see any army gear in any of your photos. There is not one thing that says they are NOT. Its really not a good time to be posting photos like that. How about posting pictures of recognized Muslim peace leaders? Wouldn't that be more appropriate to send the message that all Muslims are not terrorists? If you want to fly a flag, its has to be a recognized one, or people are just going to make assumptions. And considering what is going on in the world, you cant get mad because people are getting the wrong impression. Its your own fault.
Huge megadeth fan here!
I'm wearing my Megadeth tshirt right now lol

The intro comes from a documentary film of megadeth.

a huge megadeath fan with a pantera avatar... dime bag is rolling over in his grave...

michael

Mine's the Seal of Virginia. I like it a lot - the motto and image are very evocative.

-Trevor

Your avatar is the only one that bothers me. not because I've got anything against the state of Virgina or anything (although radar detectors are illegal and that sucks when driving through the state on 95; so many troopers) but because there's no nip slip!
seal_va.jpg

BTW, what ever happened with your coocoo Attorney General modifying the logo to give the woman an armor chest plate covering up her boobie?

------

I also often Identify people by their avatar, not their name. I haven't gotten around to making one for myself yet, and because of that, I think I garner less respect than other new members who have set an avatar. It's kinda like a sign you plan to stay awhile, you know?

Trevor

Your avatar is the only one that bothers me. not because I've got anything against the state of Virgina or anything (although radar detectors are illegal and that sucks when driving through the state on 95; so many troopers) but because there's no nip slip!

There was before I resized it I think. :p

BTW, what ever happened with your coocoo Attorney General modifying the logo to give the woman an armor chest plate covering up her boobie?

I think the whole thing got discontinued. He issued an apology, but it was still ridiculous.

-Trevor

I can't get over TJ's sig pic and take him seriously while it exists "silly willy" but he seemed quite serious before in spite of his avatar being curly from the 3 stooges with one of the top 100 goofiest expressions possible.

Curly wasnt "on" all the time. And most of my comments are jokes (to me anyway). I dont want you to take me cerealy. :p

Using a condom is good sense for all. I just make it fun, and not a service announcement. I had another before you came here, so nothing new.

flirt4.gif

Rafa

a huge megadeath fan with a pantera avatar... dime bag is rolling over in his grave...

michael
Dave and Dime used to be friends, so... anyway pantera is cool as hell

@TJ: anyway you sig is annoying lol

Using a condom is good sense for all. I just make it fun, and not a service announcement. I had another before you came here, so nothing new.

flirt4.gif

Being married can be pretty awesome in a lot of ways (but it can also suck sometimes).. My wife and I HATE CONDOMS and I'm very glad to never have to wear one again, god willing.

I have an old saying which has worked for me whole life.

You cant her mouth pregnant.

Curly wasnt "on" all the time. And most of my comments are jokes (to me anyway). I dont want you to take me cerealy. :p

flirt4.gif
You sig bugs the crap out of me because A. It wastes a lot of space. B. it's animated and annoying. C. Red/Blue are terrible color combinations, add the sparkles and it takes my eyes a moment to adjust and actually be able to read the damn thing. This one's actually much better because it satisfies point C and the animation is smaller and less obnoxious so that can mostly cover point B as well.

You sig bugs the crap out of me because A. It wastes a lot of space. B. it's animated and annoying. C. Red/Blue are terrible color combinations, add the sparkles and it takes my eyes a moment to adjust and actually be able to read the damn thing. This one's actually much better because it satisfies point C and the animation is smaller and less obnoxious so that can mostly cover point B as well.

Your very presence here annoys the crap out of me, but you haven't heard me complain before now.. I had a look at your rep and it seems that you're just here to start sh*t.. We've had plenty of immature little trolls come through here. I don't really think we need another. Either contribute something worthwhile, or get lost.