Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Solid Brass 638nm - Code Name "Frankie" (Pic Heavy)!

Jhop

Beautiful! :drool:

AngelG

LOL, you can't go wrong with "Mothers" unless somebody "invents" "Fathers", also shrouded in mystery and magic :)
Thank you for sharing the technology :). I didn't know that 6000 grit paper does exist. To go further, I use simple printing paper, but it quickly becomes glossy and loses it's abrasive properties or gets torn into pieces.
In my country, 20y ago, at home, we were using toothpaste to polish (mostly plastic) things. It worked, because the toothpaste back then consisted of very small abrasive particles, probably CaCO3.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Jhop and AngelG!

You don't see sandpaper that fine too often, automotive stores will usually have up to 2000/2500 grit on hand.
I got this paper in a variety pack at a local hobby store (Hobby Lobby). The pack includes paper grits up to 12000 grit! :yh:

Below is a pic of the package that I bought.

Last edited:
awesome!that's really surprised me, thanks for sharing
Always check the dates on a post before posting.. The last comment was back in 2016. The majority of members do not like when this is done. Just a heads up, read the stickies on everything as there's tons of useful information. Stickies you can comment on as long as you have something to contribute to the topic, otherwise it will be frowned upon

Always check the dates on a post before posting.. The last comment was back in 2016. The majority of members do not like when this is done. Just a heads up, read the stickies on everything as there's tons of useful information. Stickies you can comment on as long as you have something to contribute to the topic, otherwise it will be frowned upon
OK,thanks

Don't take me wrong on this though, I've almost made comments like that on threads that were so inspiring and interesting that I forget to check the date myself, I just wouldn't like it if someone who was not as patient would comment with something harsh and I'll admit that if it wasn't for your comment, I would have never seen bowtie's awesome build.
@BowtieGuy what I said above is all true, it really is a beautifully built host and the process you mentioned about not skipping on the grit increments to get that look was something worth learning about, thanks

paul1598419

It was over two years ago last I posted here. That was a very beautiful build, and Jeff did a great job of photographing the build sequence. I have few of these small builds myself. I am always concerned about heat sinking and run times. I do remember this build, however. Just flawless.