Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Solarforce L2E Build w/M462 (Pic Heavy)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Agreed, this new G-8 lens looks like it's going to be a great alternative to the 3 element lens with much less power loss in the process.

True blue or Christmas green .....decisions, decisions! :unsure:

Edit: I may have to buy a few and try one out in this build.

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey CD, I've been searching around a little bit this morning, and I think we may have a problem in getting you a Solarforce L2E flashlight body, that's how I bought mine, as a flashlight body only. 😢

I've checked with the Solarforce site, and they don't show them anymore, I've sent them a message to see if by some chance they may still have some available; I'll post back as soon as they reply.

In my searches, I did come across one site that still sells them, and shows them as "in stock", it is "Customlights.com", although they are much more expensive there than directly from Solarforce.

Hopefully you won't need to go to a "Plan B", and start searching for an alternate host.

@CDBEAM777 - I finally received a reply to my message to Solarforce regarding the availability of the L2E hosts, and unfortunately, the news isn't good; here is their reply. :(

mail

Solarforceflashlight-sales

No my friend, they are all sold out, my friend
2019-03-05 12:57PM

Sigh...….THANX for trying.....Guess I will havta take option "B" for $45...… for...I really like the look of the SolarforceL2E !!
Now....to go Christmas Green....or True Blue....and if the NUBM07.....how to use the new G8....and....where to get a 4.5A Boost driver using one (1) 18650 cell !!! I think BOTH colours are good.....but....the True Blue has more issues....and much my power !!! CDBEAM

Thanks, glad you liked it! :)

The pics that I posted here in this thread were done using Imgur, which is a 3rd party, I don't know if I have to use them since we changed over, but I have still been doing it that way.
I usually take the pics with my phone, and resize them to 800 x 600 with Photoshop express on my phone, and then share them with Imgur.
yeah I totally forgot that in order to do that you have to have a 3rd party. lol I now remember you telling me that like 2 years ago, you would think I would remember this. thanks Jeff :D

Agreed, this new G-8 lens looks like it's going to be a great alternative to the 3 element lens with much less power loss in the process.

True blue or Christmas green .....decisions, decisions! :unsure:

Edit: I may have to buy a few and try one out in this build.

What's up with this G-8 bizzsnitch? I gather this a lens aimed at improved beam quality without as much power loss at a 3E lens, how does it differ from a G-7? Is this not the place to be asking about this? Should I use the search function and have all my questions answered and more? If you ask the question "what is the meaning of 'question' is that a paradox? Or just a good thing to say to people that are tripping balls? OR BOTH o_O :p

edit: For anyone else that was wondering

Last edited:
Nice work, Bowtie.
I like the bead-blasted finish.
I was looking for a 462 nm diode a while back and unfortunately DTR is out of stock.
Where'd you source this one? (If you don't mind me asking)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks RA, I'd like to obtain some more if these also, but it looks like the chances are slim.

I bought this particular diode from DTR's Amazon site, a while back when he was having a half off sale; I should have bought more, but didn't know that the supplies were so limited. :(

HMMMMM....The G8 kicks Ass on the 044 !!!!! I think....MAYBE....NO C-Lenses.....and....no BS with the Can Crap of the NUBM series !!!!....HMMMM ????
AND>>>AND....we may have a new Boost ( Read Single 18650 cell ) driver.....to go up to 5A.....will advise when allowed !!!
Sometimes....rarely....things come together....and we all take a Quantum Jump !!!....I feel a " Real Genius " quote coming on...…" It is a Moral Imperative "
CDBEAM

Last edited:
You can always use the NDB7675 for a 462nm diode. It is a case TO-5, but you can drive it a bit harder than the M462 and should get an increase in WL. I did one at 1.8 amps and it measured 465nm. Others have driven them over 2.8 amps to get an even higher WL, but you run the risk of failure.

HMMMmmmmm ??? I suppose....it depends....on how ambitious I am !!!!!!!!

Surly....a 462/465 nm line will be more unique !!I have experimented with the NUBM07 LD.....I have one in my Blue Ramjet build....de-canned....for years now.....NO LOSS OF POWER....but....not much on-time on the LD !!

The NUBM07 responds VERY well to cylindrical lens correction....the beam gets REAL TIGHT !!!!....SO.....I have a hunch....it will respond well to the G8 lens......BUT......I think I do NOT want to de-can.....for....it seems as though....MANY members..... have had very little luck....with a de-canned NUBM07.

HMMMM.....so......I must experiment with a canned NUBM07 !!! IF i want to stick with the 465nm line....at a higher power....for it looks like....might get 2W outta the NDB7675 !!!....As usual...I want MORE !!!! ( Thanx Paul !! )

SO....What lenses arrangement....does the community think....will best go with an un-canned NUBM07 ??????????????????
Perhaps.....Gball + G2 ( reversed ) + G8 ( forward ) ????

ANYBODY experiment with a NUBM07, canned.....one or two additional colli lenses ????????????????????????????? OR.....Must I : Hack thru the Jungle....First !!

CDBEAM

Gball + G2 ( reversed ) + G8 ( forward ) sounds like a good bet, give it a spin and see how it measures up.

I will !!!! Gotta get a can-intact NUBM07 !!!!…….Hack, hack.....hack !!!! The prize....an EDC....with some....er...ah power....compact !!!! TRUE BLUE photons...stream'ing out the front !!! ….. in a fairly tight geometry !!! " IT COULD WORK " CDBEAM

Well....well....as usual....I have changed me course !!! AAAaaaarrrggggghhh !!! I am changing over to use the NDG7475 LD !! I will utilize the Solar Force L2E host....a host body has been ordered...BUT….Considering the Relative Brightness of the 520nm line....and...Since the NDG4745 responds so perfectly to the new G8 Colli lens.....and since I have an prototype Boost drive coming to me......The plan is starting to come together !!!! Jeff, thanks for the build drawings !!!!….It guides me to secure CU bar stock. This new EDC.....will be called... The Synetheisa EDC...I will start a separate thread.....when I have some additional parts and details.
CDBEAM

Well....well....as usual....I have changed me course !!! AAAaaaarrrggggghhh !!! I am changing over to use the NDG7475 LD !! I will utilize the Solar Force L2E host....a host body has been ordered...BUT….Considering the Relative Brightness of the 520nm line....and...Since the NDG4745 responds so perfectly to the new G8 Colli lens.....and since I have an prototype Boost drive coming to me......The plan is starting to come together !!!! Jeff, thanks for the build drawings !!!!….It guides me to secure CU bar stock. This new EDC.....will be called... The Synetheisa EDC...I will start a separate thread.....when I have some additional parts and details.
CDBEAM

Sounds good, I will await it's debut. :D

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
It's all coming together now, the NDG7475 is a good diode choice, can't to see it come together! (y)

I'm looking forward to see your rear switch relocation results.

Hopefully we'll be able to "Hear" that sweet 520nm emitting from your "Synetheisa" EDC, or maybe it'll just be the acid kicking in. :whistle:🤣

Last edited:
I always enjoy looking at your builds, Bob. They are often very well executed and are always very entertaining. I'm sure this will not be an exception.