Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So I live in the US and want one of these bad boys

Strong first post, inorite?

Anyway, straight to the point. I live in Arizona in the US, and I was going to order from DX or O-like until I found out that the USDA banned shipping of lasers over 5mW. Reading the comments on O-like, I saw people saying that if you buy the laser and batteries/charger seperately, it can be shipped.

Money isn't a real problem. Wanted the 200 mW red.(I know about shipping times from China ;))
The O-like one-/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926
The DX one-/details.dx/sku.11315
(sorry, can't post full links as a first post. >.<)

Is it true it will be confiscated by customs here? How can I get one?

Thanks a lot for helping, I know it gets frustrating to answer stupid questons time after time.

Re: So I live in the US and want one of these bad

OMNOMNOM said:
Strong first post, inorite?

Anyway, straight to the point. I live in Arizona in the US, and I was going to order from DX or O-like until I found out that the USDA banned shipping of lasers over 5mW. Reading the comments on O-like, I saw people saying that if you buy the laser and batteries/charger seperately, it can be shipped.

Money isn't a real problem. Wanted the 200 mW red.(I know about shipping times from China ;))
The O-like one-/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=926
The DX one-/details.dx/sku.11315
(sorry, can't post full links as a first post. >.<)

Is it true it will be confiscated by customs here? How can I get one?

Thanks a lot for helping, I know it gets frustrating to answer stupid questons time after time.

Yes it will be confiscated by customs IF they find it (chances are quite low) - I used to get lasers >5mW off DX no problem before they stopped shipping them to the US.

DX no longer ships them to the US since paypal has blocked international payments for lasers >5mW

So do I have to order from O-like then?

One of the members here is doing a Group Buy from DX and stuff.
I don't know if he still is but you can check the GB forum here.
He takes orders, then buys the products (he lives in Canada where importation of laser is not restricted) and then ships all the stuff to the buyer in discreet packages.

I believe it's Sawt al hurriah (don't know if it's spelled correctly).

Alright, I contacted the guy who buys through DX.

So is that my best bet, asking him to buy it for me and then shipping it to me? Or can I actually buy from O-like and buy the laser and batteries/charger in two seperate orders?

jwc

Many users here have purchased the 50mW green LEDshoppe pointer and the dilda without a problem. Someone I know asked LEDshoppe to take out the batteries before shipping the product so that if customs opened the package, they could not test it out without their own batteries. I don't know if that would make a difference, but if you're especially paranoid, you could try that.

OMNOMNOM said:
Alright, I contacted the guy who buys through DX.

So is that my best bet, asking him to buy it for me and then shipping it to me? Or can I actually buy from O-like and buy the laser and batteries/charger in two seperate orders?

i could make you one, would be ATLEAST 250mw after glass lens, i should have the parts in by wed. at the latest if your interested, and i live in missouri so it could be in your hands by next saturday.

Mohrenberg said:
[quote author=OMNOMNOM link=1234486613/0#4 date=1234488979]Alright, I contacted the guy who buys through DX.

i could make you one, would be ATLEAST 250mw after glass lens, i should have the parts in by wed. at the latest if your interested, and i live in missouri so it could be in your hands by next saturday.[/quote]

Wow, that sounds amazing. But how much are we talking here?

Hi OMNOMNOM,

You don't worry about customs problem .we have sent lots of Dilda red laser to USA successfully .

Any questions ,contact with me pls

Susie

I can vouch for O-Like.
I have ordered a 50mW from them and the Dilda from them in the past.
Both arrived with no problems.

I can also vouch for o-like. Ordered 3 5mW modules and upon arrival did not hesitate to order a pair of 50mW modules. All met or exceeded spec (especially the 5mW ones).

D

Deleted member 8382

Go for o-like. I'm still waiting my dilda after a week but it seems to be near :p

I heard of many ppl geting from o-like and its not a problem as long as u take the batteries a part. She will do that for 4$ wich is kinda cheap compared to the 45$ u will loose if customs get it.

And btw, o-like is 180mW+ guarantee, there are guys geting 140mW dildas from DX. Aaaaaand, o-like takes the batteries and charger with the price. U'll neet to buy them a aprt from DX.

I really can't see a reason to buy dilda on DX

I ordered a <200mw from o-like just after the chinese new year. it should be in my hands in a couple days, if not already in my mail box. ::) it already cleared customs and is in my home state of California

michael

:D ;D :cool: ::) :p :) . I just received a phone call, and my 200mw just arrived from olike. I can't wait!!