Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

So I bought 10,000 Lr44 batteries....

1. Does anyone want any to use(not sell. yes they are free to anyone that wants/needs some. I'm not shipping. I live in Raleigh, NC area.)

2. Can someone help me with finding a good powerful laser pointer to use with the batteries? Or maybe a flashlight?

3. Any other cool ideas anyone might have to use these batteries for? Honestly I am a sucker for a good deal. 10,000 batteries for dirt cheap was too good to pass up. However I want to actually use most of them if possible.

Ideas? BTW. Hello. My first post. :beer:

You could make a CO2 laser PS at 15,000 VDC :tinfoil:. You will need a ballast resistor however to limit the current after the plasma ignites.
HMike

Hello, quite an interesting first post...

I'm a bit confused by your logic though, how is it a deal if you don't have a use for them :D

Your not going to find too many high powered lasers that use these batteries, they just don't have the capacity that lasers need to run continuously.

I'd stack them all in series to get 15kV of DC power...

Edit: Dang, Mike! You beat me to the post button!

Mike would he realy need a resistor ? I think these batteries can only deliever about 50 ma anyhow.

I think a 20 Watt CO2 only needs ~15 mA once ignited. These cells, stacked, might last for a couple minutes. They would last longer with a switching supply to increase efficiency.
HMike

lol what is their size? maybe something portable? :D:D

hahaha I actually laughed

:beer:

This isn't funny -- it is possible..
With 170' of PVC tubing, these cells can become a series battery stack
which can drive a 20 watt CO2 laser to full power. If the PVC is cut to 10' lengths, it would be a bundle of only 17 tubes.
HMike

I forgot -- the water cooling pump will need a few volts but the water tank will be small due to the limited BTU requirements.

Last edited:
haha. I didn't want to use ALL The batteries at once. I just wanted a nice decently powerful pen/flashlight sized laser pointer. Anyone have any ideas?

1. Does anyone want any to use(not sell. yes they are free to anyone that wants/needs some. I'm not shipping. I live in Raleigh, NC area.)
'Not shipping'? :wtf:well I guess we could send you a SASE and you could just puT it back in your mailbox then?
2. Can someone help me with finding a good powerful laser pointer to use with the batteries? Or maybe a flashlight?

Just to be perfectly clear can you take some photos of these and add to this thread?;)

3. Any other cool ideas anyone might have to use these batteries for? Honestly I am a sucker for a good deal. 10,000 batteries for dirt cheap was too good to pass up. However I want to actually use most of them if possible. One idea would be to undersell them on CreepBay in lots of ,say, 10 and take the $$ and buy a laser and proper batts.:san:

Ideas? BTW. Hello. My first post. :beer:

Not the worst first post I have ever seen but... the best would be to introduce yrself in the welcome section- A brief bio is always a nice way to let us know a bit about you. :whistle:
WE are not nosy but do like to know whereabouts you live and enough info to be helpful to you and respectful at the same time.

enjoy our forum- lots of free info here-use the search first and often- its nice to say TY to this forum in the form of a small donation once a month-

WELCOME

HAK:D

Not the worst first post I have ever seen but... the best would be to introduce yrself in the welcome section- A brief bio is always a nice way to let us know a bit about you. :whistle:
WE are not nosy but do like to know whereabouts you live and enough info to be helpful to you and respectful at the same time.

enjoy our forum- lots of free info here-use the search first and often- its nice to say TY to this forum in the form of a small donation once a month-

WELCOME

HAK:D

Sorry, here's my intro Let me google that for you

Seriously though. I'm a member of over a 100 different forums and own 5 of them. Certified post whore at alot of them. I never have done an introduction , not really planning to start. IMO introductions are for people who are new to the idea of forum posting and just like the warm feeling of a bunch of people welcoming them. I don't really have any warm feelings or want them.

Back to the thread topic. I want to use my batteries for something. I have no want or need to sell them. I want to give them away and use some of them for myself. Laser Pointers seemed like the logical idea to use them for and thus why I am here. :beer:

The simple answer is this. Your not going to find a high power laser that will use these. I have over the years though, had >5mw pointers that have used them.

To drive say a 1W 445nm diode with these with a linear regulator, at minimum you'd need 15 groups of 5 batteries in series, with all the groups wired in parallel... at minimum.. and you might get 20-30 minutes of run time on it... maybe..

Though a little advice Tigerwoody.. You'll do much better here if you leave the attitude on the other forums you brag about using/running..

Last edited: