Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sneak-Peak From the"'Dark Horse" labs

Kenom

those are some very nice barrels. Looks like your getting better at the marble.

Thanks guys. ;) The "marbling-effect" is the most difficult, for me at least, but turns out really cool-looking.

I just found this thread and all I can say is: GREAT JOB DH!!!!! ;D

Devin.P said:
I just found this thread and all I can say is: GREAT JOB DH!!!!! ;D
yeah but its too bad spring came along and he got busy... :'(

he doesnt really have that much time for laser related stuff since hes gotten so busy :-/

barry did i mention i love your work yet? ;)

drew said:
[quote author=Devin.P link=1234125150/96#117 date=1240633845]I just found this thread and all I can say is: GREAT JOB DH!!!!! ;D
yeah but its too bad spring came along and he got busy... :'(

he doesnt really have that much time for laser related stuff since hes gotten so busy :-/

barry did i mention i love your work yet? ;)[/quote]

Thanks for all of the support guys, it really means a lot.

It is true, My brother and I are launching a machine-shop, (G2 Industries Inc). Right now is the busy season for our biggest customer, ( http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/ ). We make the Stainless-brackets and a few other components for their HD motorcycle fairings.
It has been a heart-felt decision, but I have to suspend the "custom-work" during the spring/summer-time this year, everything depends on it. We will still stock our standard-line of heatsinks and hosts, and maybe add a "line" or two during the summer-time.

On a separate-subject, I did manage to play with anodizing my other personal-Kryton barrel using a new technique, (I only have two, the others in the pictures are of customers-projects). I do not love this one, like I do my violet-marble, but it is very interesting and I thought I would share. This will probably get "stripped" back-down and repolished and done again with something new. So much fun, eventually I will probably just erode all of the aluminum away from anodizing it over and over again, lol ;)
Thanks again!

Attachments

• MULTICOLOR_MARBLE_1_Medium.jpg
    MULTICOLOR_MARBLE_1_Medium.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 93
Here is another shot with my treasured Violet-marble barrel. The violet is now fitted with a GGW 6X diode and Flex-Drive putting out 200mW+ after acrylic-lens.

Attachments

• IMG_3126_Medium.JPG
    IMG_3126_Medium.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 97
Spyderz20x6 said:
Did the black chrome plated focusing rings work out?

The first-try didn't work well at all. I think the existing nickel-plate on the rings needs to be "activated" with an acidic "pickle-solution", and then they should plate well. I was able to partially plate a penny, but it had not been prepared so it didn't turn out well. Now I have misplaced my plating-solution, uff da! I think it will work though.

Kenom

I wanted to post to show everyone the laser engraved logo I just got on my 6x custom anodized from Dark_Horse. It WAS lasing 200mw of bluray goodeyness until yesterday where it turned ledified. *takes a moment to mourn the beautiful laser*

DSC00509.jpg

Hey Kenom,
Nice engraving-job, I will have to have mine done too.
What current did you have it set to? I have mine set to 200mA, I hope it isn't too high, I was hoping that it would last for a very long-time.

Kenom

I don't know what current it was set to. I just poked it at the LPM and kept tweakin till I got me 200mw

It shouldn't have died and I'm thinking that it was damaged recently when I shipped it to a friend to play with. There were other parts in the box that had vibrated apart.

Kenom

I'm more than happy to get anyone's laser engraved if they want it. It's literally $10 shipped back to you in the same box you sent it to me in.