Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sneak-Peak From the"'Dark Horse" labs

Dark_Horse said:
Ask and you shall receive ;)

Hey D_H...
    those anodized parts are impressive and look awesome...

Wouldn't mind owning one of those... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jerry

Rangedunits said:
Woah if i can get a sanstone module to fit it be amazing
The Sandstone-module fits into all of my 12mm-heatsinks, but the regular "Sliver Full-Body HS" is too short to hold it, I am working on making a run of 532-Sliver "kits" that will have the extended heatsink and extended aperture-cover, there are a few already out there.
The DJR Full-Body-heatsink holds a 532-Sandstone module without modification, but needs a "extended aperture-cap" to cover the exposed-section of the module. (look in the picture for the black with clear-splash anodizing, that is the prototype "DJR 532-Ap-Cap". These will be available again next-week.

Thanks again everybody, I am glad you like.

Kenom

now you should state, that any host as long as it's anodized can be stripped and re-anodized in any color choice right? I know it's a very simple thing to do.

Kenom said:
now you should state, that any host as long as it's anodized can be stripped and re-anodized in any color choice right?  I know it's a very simple thing to do.

That is correct, I can strip, refinish and reanodize nearly all aluminum-hosts, as long as you can disassemble it completely and it is made from anodizable-aluminum. There are a few very low-qaulity hosts that cannot be anodized, so they "paint" them, but this is rarely a problem.

Ironically, I have not been able to disassemble the tail-cap on the DJR, so I have only anodized the head so far. Any ideas on taking the switch out of the tail-cap? I am afraid it may be "swaged" in place, (material is rolled to hold the switch in).
DH

Attachments

• IMG_2955_Medium.JPG
    IMG_2955_Medium.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 142
The proto-type DJR-Aperture-Cap for 532-modules. Using this and a "DJR-Full-Body heatsink" you can install your favorite 532nM-module into any DJR!

Thanks again! ;D

Attachments

• DJR_532AP-CAPMedium.jpg
    DJR_532AP-CAPMedium.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 182

daguin

Dark_Horse said:
Ironically, I have not been able to disassemble the tail-cap on the DJR, so I have only anodized the head so far. Any ideas on taking the switch out of the tail-cap? I am afraid it may be "swaged" in place, (material is rolled to hold the switch in).
DH

Looking at one through a 20 power loop, that is what it looks like. The edge appears to be"rolled" over the top of the black plastic of the tail clicky.

Peace,
dave

Your work is truly amazing, those barrels look sexygreat ::)

So these won't fit Suzie's modules (yet)?

Oh, I've always wondered how you do those "paint" strokes that are left unpainted, I practise bow & arrow shooting and lots of aluminum arrows have the same design but I never asked about it until now :p

(Can we know anything about the prices :p?)

The regular DJR "Full-Body" will fit a 532-module from Suzie as is right now, it is just that you will have over an inch of exposed module sticking out the front of your DJR. The DJR 532 Ap-Cap, covers that and provides massive additional heatsinking for the little pen-modules.
Prices for processing a complete host and heatsink, (4-parts max) will be about $25-$35, depending on the finish desired, (matte is least expensive, polished would be the most), this includes stripping the existing finish.
I will be offering the custom-jobs on my new "production-heatsinks" for no additional charge, once I get a list of samples to choose from.
I will have to come up with a plan on the DJR tailcap, before I can anodize a complete host for those.

DH

Kenom

There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong. It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"

Kenom said:
There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong.  It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"
Remember when i was still a noob and asked if it was possible to build a 6x in a Dorcy Jr?
Well, you said it was impossible... ::)

Kenom

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#25 date=1234539975]There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong.  It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"
Remember when i was still a noob and asked if it was possible to build a 6x in a Dorcy Jr?
Well, you said it was impossible... ::)[/quote]

Nah that was a bluray in a dorcy Jr. and I said nah. I love it when people prove me wrong. that way things change. I like change. (sometimes)(Stay away bill gates!!!!)

Kenom said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1234125150/16#26 date=1234571581][quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#25 date=1234539975]There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong.  It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"

Nah that was a bluray in a dorcy Jr.  and I said nah.  I love it when people prove me wrong.  that way things change.  I like change. (sometimes)(Stay away bill gates!!!!)
[/quote]
That was on D_H's thread, where he built a PS3 Blu-Ray from a Dorcy Jr, and then i asked "Is it possible to build a 6x Blu-Ray in one of those", and you were like "Nah.".
And then all my hopes were crushed :'(

But then it became possible! :D

Spyderz20x6 said:
[quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#27 date=1234573062][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1234125150/16#26 date=1234571581][quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#25 date=1234539975]There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong.  It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"

Nah that was a bluray in a dorcy Jr.  and I said nah.  I love it when people prove me wrong.  that way things change.  I like change. (sometimes)(Stay away bill gates!!!!)
[/quote]
That was on D_H's thread, where he built a PS3 Blu-Ray from a Dorcy Jr, and then i asked "Is it possible to build a 6x Blu-Ray in one of those", and you were like "Nah.".

But then it became possible! :D[/quote]

You are right Spyder, but the key ingredient that makes a DJR-6x possible, is the tiny boost-drivers that we have now. Back then we were still modifying the stock DJR-circuit, which does work for most diodes, but I doubt a 6x just due to current-draw limits. Enter the Flex-Drive and now it is possible to put a 6x into a pen, not a good idea thermally, but easy enough to do. It just take technology :)

I am going to sacrafice one today to see if I can put "Humpty-Dumpty" back together again ;)
DH

Dark_Horse said:
[quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1234125150/16#28 date=1234574197][quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#27 date=1234573062][quote author=Spyderz20x6 link=1234125150/16#26 date=1234571581][quote author=Kenom link=1234125150/16#25 date=1234539975]There is NO method for taking apart a DJR tailcap and having it survive.  I've taken one apart and it does not go back together.  That being said, someone will prove me wrong.  It always happens whenever I say something like this, that someone pops up with "OH REALLY?!?! Explain this Mr. Knowitall!"

[/quote]

But then it became possible! :D[/quote]

You are right Spyder, but the key ingredient that makes a DJR-6x possible, is the tiny boost-drivers that we have now. Back then we were still modifying the stock DJR-circuit, which does work for most diodes, but I doubt a 6x just due to current-draw limits. Enter the Flex-Drive and now it is possible to put a 6x into a pen, not a good idea thermally, but easy enough to do. It just take technology :)

I am going to sacrafice one today to see if I can put "Humpty-Dumpty" back together again ;)
DH
[/quote]
We had the flexdrive back then...

J

jamie.91

Dark_Horse said:
Ask and you shall receive ;)

OMG :eek:is that an MXDl 3W i see there ::)? one of my favourite lights? how much would you sell me a host like that for ? ;)

jamie
:-*