Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SLEDS GB! GREAT PRICES! Get a GGW!

i don't know, LED'd diodes are pretty tough suckers....you can melt the diode down and reforge it into a BB and it will still LED (maybe?)

..are you sure your connections are good and that the driver is functioning properly? i guess once you figure that out you'll know for sure if the diode is dead.

My driver is working, I tested it with my test load, and it still read 185mA. I also check the voltage across the two terminals of the driver, it was 7.8 (more than enough to drive a BR).

However, I'm not sure my connections are good, I was having a heck of a time soldering a wire to the neg terminal (I never turned it on in a situation where it the cap could wreck it though). I don't know for sure it's LED'd though, i think maybe one of the lead wires got too hot and melted, though i'm not sure.

edit: well I tried a different driver, I know my connections are good, and still no light. current does flow through the diode though, and there's a voltage drop of 1.9v across the diode.

Last edited:
adcurtin, I'll hold a GGW for you, no problem! -Sorry about the diode! -Glenn

I got them sent out adcurtin.

Everyone, I still have about 12 GGW's on hand for immediate shipping!! First come first served at the after GB price of $64 shipped priority Insured in the USA. (Please state country for the other destinations you want, I'll check costs and let you know). Thanks All! sorry, I do not currently have PHR or LPC sleds, but can get more, I have a couple of rckstr drivers and a couple of Axixz modules but all will go fast I am sure! -Glenn

Last edited:
Hey friends! Thanks for all the GB help! btw, I still have a dozen GGW sleds, $65 ea shipped priority insured in the USA! Thanks Again! -Glenn

I'll take one please. If you have a spare aixiz module that would be great too. Payment sent.

Last edited:
I am ordering SF-AW210 diodes in a day or three, and these will be $10 ea. + shipping I still have some other sleds and diodes and will sell a few at a loss as the cost is lower now. -Glenn

Last edited:
Can you reserve a GGW for me? I'd really love one for a build I have planned. But at the moment I can't remember if I'm getting my $120 this weekend, or next weekend....I can PM you tomorrow which day it is. I'll just put charlies SF in my 3405 build...but I'll save the PHR for....something. If you can, then thanks ;) If not, I understand.

Hey glen,

I was already doing SF-AW210's at $10 each before you revived the thread, and as GB's are not competition or for profit, all 2 GB's are doing is it's causing orders to be split up, so less quantities are ordered at once, and it ends up being more expensive for the forum and more beneficial for the Chinese supplier.

If you want to do the GB for the SF's go ahead, but as a friendly reminder I am just stating that it's just gonna do more harm than good.

Regards,

amk

I am offering SF-AW210 diodes, (not sleds) and it's not a GB I make a buck on these. I have lots of friends, who may want to get things from me, it's been ongoing right along. btw, AMK, Would you like me to post in your GB thread? -Glenn

Aaah you are offering diodes my bad

and glen no need for hostility, just friend to friend talk. Was just making sure that only one mass GB for sleds was going on, and I was willing to call mine off if it meant only one GB remained. This way there are less "buyers" from the suppliers perspective, and the forum controls the price of their diodes.

If you want me out tho I'll leave your thread
icon9.gif

Sorry,

amk

BTW if you don't mind Ill make a post in my thread stating that you are selling extracted diodes, there are a few that want em out of the sleds and I don't do that on a GB scale.

OK thanks AMK, I really want to keep offering LPC's, GGW's and PHR's but the buying has slowed down a lot, even though prices went down, maybe due to the 8- 12X burners although those are >$130!

I think you are right about that Scopeguy, It seems everyone has lost interest in PHR and 6X builds. Everyone wants a 12X. Even 8X lasers have been selling for less than cost lately.