Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SLEDS GB! GREAT PRICES! Get a GGW!

daguin

Sorry. I can't edit Glenn's OP

lmn = shipped
iknitsteel = shipped
Adcurtin = shipped
New_Reverie = shipped
Dark-Star = shipped
FlamingPyro = Shipping Saturday
Billg519 = shipped
Wannaburn = shipped
Bryce007 = Waiting on PM
IgorT = waiting on 8X

If you think that your name should be on the list (because you have already paid) PM me.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

daguin

Are there still sleds available?

There are a few GGW's and PHR's left. However, you will have to wait for ScopeGuy20 to return from his vacation. I will not have the time to manage this, this weekend. I am leaving on vacation Tuesday morning. I have a few other things to deal with before I leave. Drop ScopeGuy20 a PM to get in line for them.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
hrm.....i really want oen and don't want to pay the 79.99 - 10% from drew...

i just went ahead and sent glen $63.13 ($61 after PP fees) for a ggw and figured if he didn't have one available he could just refund me...

i've got a horrible habit of asking him for one and then being broke when it's available...so figured i better send payment now while i've got the money.

I got you covered Mo, as long as you can wait 'till I get home from Arizona, I'm on family vacation, and it turns out I'll only have internet a little of the time. Let me know if you need any change. Thanks All and Best Wishes! -Glenn

So the GGW has a long closed can red that has similar performance to the LPC's loc, or is it a little less powerful? What is the recommended max current for a lcc red?

daguin

So the GGW has a long closed can red that has similar performance to the LPC's loc, or is it a little less powerful? What is the recommended max current for a lcc red?

The LCC appears to be the same die as the LOC but with a can. I run these at 400-420mA for an output of 245-255mW (Just like my LPC's). If you use these you should be aware that there is a "disc of film" over the front of the diode. It is cut at the same size as the front of the can so it can be missed.

Sometimes it just falls off. Sometimes you have to scrape it of with a fingernail. However, you must remove it. It degrades quickly at 245mW.

They CAN be pushed harder and farther, but for long life, this is where most run them.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
I got my package today, I harvested all the diodes without tragedy :), but I haven't tested 2 LPCs (I had a bad history with the LPCs).

Are there any GGWs left? I think I need another :-(
I'd also like 2 PHRs if they're available.

I also have a question about the GGW. I'm doing a 7 color build, and the diode worked fine, I was driving it at ~185mA. it turns out my positive was shorted to the case, so when that was connected to the sled, along with the case negative red, it didn't turn on (no surprise there). I took it out of the sled and it still worked, so I went to work trying to fix my short. I had it where there was no continuity between the pos and the case, so I tested it again, outside of the sled first, and it worked. Then I touched it to the sled while it was off, turned it on, and it didn't light. I held it against the sled so the cap wouldn't fry it, and turned it off. It hasn't turned back on at all, not even an LED, since.
I'm assuming one of the wires from the posts to the die melted. Is this likely even though no current should have been going through the diode?

Last edited: