Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYMENTS

Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

Anyone have challenges getting the unit to work in ILDA input mode? I am able to get the SD card working if nothing else is connected to my unit but not sure I'm getting to the setting to accept the ILDA show input..

Pman

Re: SHIPPING!!& DELIVERY ASAP UPDATE!!Laserprojector group buy # 4 Time to send PAYM

Don't know how to help with that one. Is it the sd model?

I wouldn't think it would be hard to open the 3d model. Only have to remove a few screws on the pd to get the top off.

Last edited:

Anyone have challenges getting the unit to work in ILDA input mode? I am able to get the SD card working if nothing else is connected to my unit but not sure I'm getting to the setting to accept the ILDA show input..

Brian bought the first (& so far only) 1500mW version of the LK SD (850mW)
so aside from power IIRC there is no difference-
Not sure i understand your Q here and i may have replied today to you via a returned PM.
here is what I 'THINK' I know ( & you may already know just sayin'.. :)
All other controls= like DMX or SD card or 'built-ins', on 'ALL' the PC/ILDA China made PJs I have seen, seem work like this-:the PJ 'knows' when the db25 ILDA is attached and it stops any other mode or control and from that point you need to use your PC.-- Some think & I hope they are correct that with both DMX and PC there is a way to use software cues/ frames etc and scanthru the 5 EFX Special wheel in the LK PD2s-nice ....
but thats another thread.

I have the 850 version here - getting it ready to be put up FS- really only got it to review- I am still struggling with the instructions in the manual on the SD card and will get Linna to address this when their holiday is over ~ mar. 5th

I am only familiar with QS/FB3-& BEYOND -- but tell me what you are doing and i will try same here and see if we get the same results- I however do not yet own a DMX controller-

But I have never had to mess with any LK SD 'settings' I just connect the QS DAC and I am in the ILDA 'mode'- -In QS if the setting in the program are the correct ones- (RGB-TTL-Med Speed galvos @ 25K) click on a cue then 'enable laser' and schzam! --

also I had to dwnld the drivers for QS from the disc they give you.

Will do what I can for you- sorry you ran into a snag..

Posting here is helpful to all.. 'Bungy' has an SD too and he knows the most on this model- he will have some answers---PMing him now--

Hak

Last edited:

Pman

EDIT: Pangolin QS update may be required for QS to start!!!!

Hope you all appreciate the lengths Len goes to try to find the answers.

Don't know why I wrote "ad" model in my last post. Meant SD model of course.

As a side note, I haven't tried hooking up both ILDA (QS) and a DMX controller at the same time yet as I only purchased a very simple 6 channel controller to experiment with. Keep putting off getting the Chauvet 70 from Amazon but I will very likely purchase it. The one thing that would make things a lot easier with DMX is if you could just enter the # digitally (keyboard with numbers) to make it faster/easier to find the exact pattern you would want.
I understand that QS feels like a heavy investment as I certainly have never paid probably half that amount for any software ever. It is very powerful and the tutorials are fantastic. QS really deserves a unit with at least 30k scanners as it doesn't take much for your fps (frames per second) to drop and things get choppy real quick. The program actually shows you your fps live by the way. I have no regrets purchasing the program from Len even with just a PD2.
If someone has found a way to activate the effects wheel with QS I sure want to know about it ASAP:)
Try to remember that we are all in this together trying to figure out things. This is a very different world we are getting into in comparison to pointers. Patience is a huge asset right now. We get our units and expect them to do things that huge $ units can do and it's just completely unrealistic.
Hey, I would like to have a unit with 100k scanners but it's just not going to happen.
Keep in mind that the patterns that the units can show that are built in for DMX is nothing compared to the endless patterns/images that can be shown with QS.

Pete

K, just had the strangest thing happen. I was just going to use QS and hadn't for a couple weeks. Tried to start the program and a box comes up saying "Wrong date"
Inside the error box it says "The correct date set in your computer's clock: 2/1/2014 is incorrect.
Quickshow cannot run unless this date is adjusted"
????
Tried uninstalling and re-installing but get the same error. Anyone have a clue? Tried a search online and saw nothing. Went to Pangolin site and filled out the stuff under contact (Email) with the issue but it's Saturday so don't have a clue if I'll get a response.
Any ideas/help would be apreciated;)

All other programs on the netbook start absolutely normal.

Pete

EDIT

Weird but I set the date back a couple months and it works fine. Reset the date back to the correct date while program was running and nothing bad happened but haven't closed the program down and tried to restart again.
Was very pleasantly surprised that DMX does work with ILDA at the time:) Using my Elation SDC-6 DMX controller that can run off either a wall wart or 9V battery. All I have to do is adjust the Master slider all the way up and then adjust slider 2 to different positions and it will change the effects wheel position to the 5 different positions making some VERY interesting displays. The only position that doesn't change anything is the traditional mode which I think is which should be AuB as that mode isn't going through a special grating. Slider 1 will allow you to adjust the rotation of the image clockwise or counterclockwise with fully adjustable speed.
So, what happens is it takes whatever the show says to output such as a flying eagle and just sends it through the filters to do things like try to make it a 3D image or splits the image into 3 color images side by side and drawn all over the place plus you can spin it clockwise/clockwise at any speed you want. Would have to see it to understand what I mean. I suppose I could try and take a few pics of the differences.
So, the simple DMX controller does exactly what I wanted it too. It puts the effects wheels into play.
Now if someone has figured out how to do it with just QS I would sure like to know.
WOOHOO! QS + DMX = Giant dimension leap in projector coolness;). Looking at the manual, it does exactly what it says it's supposed to do with DMX and ILDA connected. You only need to buy an inexpensive DMX controller that has at least 2 channels (plus an inexpensive cable).

If you really want to know what QS can do I think all I did was contact them and they provided a download of the program that is fully functional for messing around with and going through the tutorial online. You obviously can't use it with your projector without a paid for kit (Len can get it for you).

EDIT:

ANY date I set my netbook to from today forward QS gives that same error but any date before today including yesterday and it starts fine.... I don't get it.

Just got this email from Pangolin:

Dear Peter,

This morning several clients reported a problem to us, whereby QuickShow reports that the computer's clock is incorrect and QuickShow will not operate.

Immediately upon hearing of the problem, we have investigated it and traced the problem to a part of the code developed five years ago. Once we identified the problem we were able to change that part of the software, and we have prepared a new version of QuickShow. Although this problem only affects some users, we are strongly recommending that all QuickShow users download and install the update as soon as possible.

The new version, which is called Version 2.5, is available absolutely free for download from our web site right now. The download link is here:
http://fs1.pangolin.com/Setup_QS2.exe (US) http://fs2.pangolin.com/Setup_QS2.exe (US) http://fs3.pangolin.com/Setup_QS2.exe (EU)

In addition to solving the problem reported by some clients, the new version offers additional user interface languages, better handling of tutorial videos, and a few other improvements.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, and we have acted as quickly as we learned about this problem.

Best regards,

The second link works better for connecting for the download;)

Last edited:

I got the drivers going... apparently the USB cable connected to my DAC was bad preventing proper install.

My only issue right now is that the bloody laser is stuck in chinese mode and I can't figure out how to change it....

Pman

Glad to hear it and sorry to hear it. Think others had this issue and figured it out but not sure.

On a good note, the QS update fixed the problem with the programming error from 5 years ago:).

Last edited:

bungy

I got the drivers going... apparently the USB cable connected to my DAC was bad preventing proper install.

My only issue right now is that the bloody laser is stuck in chinese mode and I can't figure out how to change it....

I have the LK-SD 850mw and it was set to chinese when I got it too. The method to change the language was to push in the larger dial (it's a button) while powering on the projector. I think you have to hold it though the boot process (maybe 5 to 10 seconds) to get to the language selection menu. I can't remember the exact procedure and timing as I've ripped out all the innards in mine and wired it up to be ILDA only.

Pman

Last edited:

Good job with the help Greg and Pete--

The sound response has been an on-going problem on cheaper projectors for A very VERY Long TIME.. AND while most are controlling their PJs by other methods the sound/mic method is far from perfected. And its a shame something has not changed yet. It seems that even with the same PJs the effectiveness differs.- The mic comes standard with the show card-
its prolly not going to change or that would have already happened.- no PJ 'maker' makes their own mic or apparently uses a better one.
much more on this later---

Here is how I got my LK SD to go English- as Bungy tells us- filp the off/on switch to 'ON' THEN turn the key lock on-- the choices should show in the window- turn the knob to highlight 'ENGLISH' then press the knob again to 'enter & save' English'- after that it should stay in English every time you power up.