Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

She has not said a word!

IsaacT

I do that too lol.

"800mW 532? That sounds expensive." -Her
"Yeah, it costs a little more than my others" -Me
"How much more?!" -Incredulous Her
"Like 180..." -Guilty Me
"Damn babe...." -Still Incredulous Her

Glad I didnt say 400...lol

I.. I tell her stuff is less than half of what it really is :p)
I tried that with a motorcycle I came home with over the weekend, she wasn't buying it :whistle: Maybe I will try again when the bunch of copper pen hosts I got from sinner come in :D

"I tried that with a motorcycle I came home with over the weekend, she wasn't buying it"

My Harley lives with us in the lounge room, when "She complains I remind her that it is only there because it won't fit in the bedroom!

"I think we all play the " can you believe this was $10!" card."

I haven't done this in the past but with ALL the goodies that will be rocking up soon I will have to start! :)

Not sure how to use the Quote thingy yet!

Last edited:
Well, +1 for female members--as of only a few minutes ago, too. Long-time casual lurker--finally registered more or less to ask a question in another thread.

Couldn't resist this thread though. As one of the aforementioned "creatures": here's my two-cents worth:

I think lasers are awesome--if not exactly my forte. If I personally were dating a guy who liked building lasers, I would think it was super ***y ;-)

Of course, everybody is different, so no, I have no idea how your wife feels.

However, I will say this: I DO know that if I were dating a guy who wanted to know whether I liked one of his hobbies and he responded to this situation by going on the internet to ask his buddies how they thought I felt--as opposed to just asking ME about how I felt--I would be a little miffed.

So yeah, just ask her! :) Maybe she loves them! Even if she doesn't at least you'll know one way or another. Most of us are pretty easy to understand when you just come out and talk to us straight instead of dodging an issue because you're worried that we're going to be all irrational and hard to understand. Yes, there are a few crazy women out there, but if this one were THAT crazy, you wouldn't have married her, right?

Good luck!!!

Thanks for your reply Rachel, so glad to hear that you think that Guys who build lasers are "super ***y" I am sure that you must have had 100+ PM's today already of guys from this site introducing themselves! Lol. When I posted this thread there was a certain amount of tongue in cheek involved, all what i said was true but rather than out of concern it was more out of bewilderment. Be assured if my wife had a problem and Needed to say something she Would!
Now as for you statement
" Yes, there are a few crazy women out there, but if this one were THAT crazy, you wouldn't have married her, right?"
Did you know my first wife? Did you do some research on me before writing your post?? By anyones standard she was crazy but that is a whole different story!

Thanks again Rachel for your womanly insight, you may very well have given someone some timely advice as this Topic could be a problem in some laser fanatics homes around the Globe!

Last edited:
Fair point! I don't have a first husband, but I did have a fiance once who cited a mess I made in his garage as one reason he was breaking up with me (a mess I made fixing his car, as a surprise gift for Valentine's day, saving him from a $2,000 repair that he had been working on saving up for.) Whoops. So okay, yes, people can be crazy even if you love them.

Anyway, good luck. Maybe your wife will think they're cool and want you to teach her some new things. Barring that, she probably respects you at least enough to understand that you don't have to have the same hobbies in order to be happily married. Let us know how it goes :)

Tmack

Man gearhead, loves lasers.!

Hi I'm Tony. ;) how you doing? I like building lasers, motorcycles, flashlights, and long walks in the beach sporting a 3w custom laser.
So when should I pick you up? :p

Tmack

If you think you can handle it. Many try, only some can take it.

Seriously though, nice to see a lady in the ranks. Sounds like you know your stuff. You'll fit in nicely.
Good sense of humor too. Your pushing all the right buttons for me. @--)---- be my laser valentine?

@ busman2

I would got with, "she is happy you're not on a dating website".

She probably noticed your sudden fascination with something and CHECKED your history files. Saw that the interest didn't have 2 legs, and quietly logged off, hoping you don't realize she was there.

Enjoy the quiet. ;)

@ busman2

I would got with, "she is happy you're not on a dating website".

She probably noticed your sudden fascination with something and CHECKED your history files. Saw that the interest didn't have 2 legs, and quietly logged off, hoping you don't realize she was there.

Enjoy the quiet. ;)

Personally I would be annoyed if my non-existent girlfriend :)P) went through my browser history. I don't search anything bad, but its personal and it feels very invasive.

Thats my 2 cents. :p

@ Zathras, Blarg King

History files? HISTORY FILES!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I think we all play the " can you believe this was $10!" card. Tis the only way. (not joking here...... Seriously.... I tell her stuff is less than half of what it really is :p)

I do that too lol.

"800mW 532? That sounds expensive." -Her
"Yeah, it costs a little more than my others" -Me
"How much more?!" -Incredulous Her
"Like 180..." -Guilty Me
"Damn babe...." -Still Incredulous Her

Glad I didnt say 400...lol

@ Zathras, Blarg King

History files? HISTORY FILES!!! :eek:

Be careful what you say, you all better hope she isn't reading your posts, or doesn't do so in the future.