Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

She has not said a word!

G'day all, I have been a member here on LPF for about 4 weeks now and I am having a Blast! There are so many knowledgable and passionate people here who are really super devoted to this hobby. I have been scouring the Forum devouring as much knowledge as I can on everything from safety to hosts, diodes and drivers builds and whatever else i can, there is just so much information! Checked out all the machinists, builders and store sites and products and have even made some purchases from some and the others that I haven't i am sure that i will in the future! Man I have just about lived here over the last few weeks, even sneak in for a peek using the phone whilst I am at work. But now I am in a predicament, :( THE WIFE HAS NOT SAID A SINGLE WORD ABOUT IT! :eek: What is to follow??? :scared:

One of two things. no news is good news....or the worst news. which it is will become apparent soon enough. :tinfoil:

honeyx

One of two things. no news is good news....or the worst news. which it is will become apparent soon enough. :tinfoil:

Exactly. Either she is happy you are not looking for other women or spending your time in a pub but having a hobby, or she is getting mad she is not the hobby you should play with ;)

Just wait until your home is full of glycerin fog and there beams shooting everywhere above your wife's forced-to-wear-goggles face. I bet the words bubble up to the surface.

Enjoy it now. :)

:beer:

c

Or she could be awesome like my girlfriend. I was playing with making a beam expander and was having obvious difficulty measuring the dot for best focus when I hear my girlfriend ask "Why don't you use the fog? Would that make it easier?"

My advice, just put it out there. Ask her point blank. "Hey, you've been really quiet about my lasers, they don't bother you do they?" She may surprise you by telling you she enjoys them. She may be neutral about them and being mum because she quite simply doesn't care one way or the other. But of course she may be bothered by something and if that's the case I think its probably most important so you guys can talk it over and come to an understanding or compromise.

Tmack

My girlfriend just got pissed I sold the ms v3 set I just built. Lol I told her don't worry. 13 more hosts are on the way :D

IsaacT

My girlfriend doesnt like how much money parts cost, but she also has seen that 99% of the lasers I build I end up selling so she doesnt mind. She knows that it is something I love and wouldnt want me to stop just because it costs money.

jimdt7

Are there any female members on this forum? :thinking:

Jim

Tmack

There was Wendy, but I think she had a bad experience so she got mad and stormed off. Who would have thought! Lol
(totally kidding Wendy)

She knew more than alot of the guys here. Very impressive lady.

Last edited:
Is she unusually quiet? Talk to her. You may not be giving her your usual undivided attention based on your newfound hobby. Let her know your concerns and see if she cares/shares. Also join our social groups : HERE You may like the groups for married men ("My wife thinks...), Aussies, astronomers, scientific (spectral group). There aren't any for photography and aquaculture yet. Maybe you'd like to start them?:)

Last edited:
Lasers
Women either love them or hate them. I had a "great conversation" with a woman who reminisced about a
beam expander she used to have. Most of the others, though just give a blank stare when the subject
comes up. My guess is that she is either intimidated by your knowledge and being "shy", or she is
simmering and planning an escape.

Last edited:
Lasers
Women either love them or hate them. I had a "great conversation" with a woman who reminisced about a
beam expander she used to have. Most of the others, though just give a blank stare when the subject
comes up. My guess is that is either intimidated by your knowledge and being "shy", or she is simmering
and planning an escape.

indeed. my girl seems facinated by mine, but she lives a long way from me, so she can't see them in person. so she's always requesting pics.

I'm going to use this thread as explanation to why I've never bothered having a girlfriend :p

Well thanks guys, a lot of advice there from you all, I was hoping "Wendy" might pop in and give her nickels worth!? Maybe later, or maybe there is another female of the species willing to give her perspective???
In all seriousness guys you have convinced me, you have convinced me that this is a great site and that I will learn heaps about lasers here but if i want to learn about women I need to go somewhere else!:crackup::crackup::crackup: But does any man really know about such creatures?:undecided:
I do know this much though. That when all the parcels start rocking up in the mail I will need to have a bunch of fake price tags on hand that are all with values under $15. My wife just loves bargain shopping! Lol
Thanks for the replies everyone!
Shane

Tmack

I think we all play the " can you believe this was $10!" card. Tis the only way. (not joking here...... Seriously.... I tell her stuff is less than half of what it really is :p)