Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

Sharp 490nm GH04850B2G 55mW Laser Diode

Re: Sharp 495nm GH04850B2G 55mW Laser Diode

If these turn out to be between 480nm and 488nm I'm in for one.
DTR, any chance you'll send some to someone with a spectrometer to make sure?

I think we are safe getting an idea from the testing being done on them as long as the number on the can are the same.

How about a beam shot Jordan?

I bet you have one in a host already :D ........ if not then in a heat sink will do just fine.

Tracking shows them at my local facility. It should update shortly showing on truck for delivery. As long as they don't mess something up should be here in a few hours.

I put the page up when a woke a few hours ago. I will add the driver options after I do some testing.:beer:

Sounds fantastic. I'm in for one if they're <=488nm.

One thing I noticed is the GH04850B2G has B on the model number, which indicates low current parts. That's strange since the listed operating current is actually higher than the GH04955A2G model.

Could be a sign they plan to make a second option at a much higher power

Now that would be a sight to see!

Could be a sign they plan to make a second option at a much higher power

Great post Z!! :drool:
Looking forward to some spectro results, so so far its Paul, ZRaffleticket and DTR that has these available? O and Styro did a small GB, and Dr.laser has 6 at CNI awaiting spectro results also :beer:

J

Last edited:

Paul has mine for testing - I think he bought a few for himself but I don't think enough to resell. As usual, I'll be offloading my extras after Paul finishes. I don't need 25 of them

So you're going to keep the highest frequency diodes and sell the rest, that's cool, any idea how much you will ask for the ones you sell, will it be based on their wavelength ?

OP updated with power test. I will try to get to making a easy to read graph this weekend unless someone else wants to tackle that.

EDIT
removed pic of raw output. As feared even though I put text above the picture that the color is not shown and all the green was removed by the camera some that just scan the image might thing it is the color of the diode.

Last edited:

It'll be a flat rate for each of them unless I'm suddenly pressed to get rid of them. Probably 60ish, these cost me close to the same as the 495s.

From my batch, I'm keeping the lowest, a 488, and a 491-492. I would like to build with these three. That is assuming these fit the range I was told when I bought them... Might want to hang on to a spare or two, we'll see how they measure before I settle on anything.

Paul and I agreed to let him keep one as a thank you for testing, and probably a second one depending on some favors I'm asking on top of that. So I would say 18 or so will be available from me when they're back in my hands.

I will not promise anybody anything until all testing is done by Paul. I don't know what these measure, and don't want to promise too many people something in a range they want. Keep in mind, I bought this many so I could get the ones I want first and foremost :p

Edit: @DTR - after these more blue or green to you? The pic looks identical to my 485's color, though I don't trust cameras as well as subjective opinions

Last edited:

wow the diode in your power testing looks very blue like less than 490nm????this getting interesting, looks like there are different batches out there?

Edit: @DTR - after these more blue or green to you? The pic looks identical to my 485's color, though I don't trust cameras as well as subjective opinions

Yea it is more green than that pic.

wow the diode in your power testing looks very blue like less than 490nm????this getting interesting, looks like there are different batches out there?

Nope just pulled that picture as I had feared people just scanning the thread might just look at the picture and not the text above the picture that said the color is not accurately captured by my camera. It is way more green than 480nm. I am guessing it is around 490nm-495nm if I had to bet.

Last edited:

Yup. That scan is what I did. My bad.

Unfortunately color on these is the biggest selling point. It's probably for the best.

so why we have 2 different codes for those? the diodes on the styropyro's gb noted as Sharp GH04955A2G 495nm while the batch that you just got are noted as GH04850B2G, what am i missing?:undecided:

so why we have 2 different codes for those? the diodes on the styropyro's gb noted as Sharp GH04955A2G 495nm while the batch that you just got are noted as GH04850B2G, what am i missing?:undecided:

59524d1522425265-sharp-495nm-gh04850b2g-55mw-laser-diode-sharpcode.jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zdq6YPGKlISTKC8-BC3kN-9jwHluis03/view

Attachments

• sharpcode.JPG
    sharpcode.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:

Sharp being sharp. Model # jumped around a lot with the 505s when they first showed up

Back