Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Sharp 473nm 55mW Laser Build

In Mar, 2017 i purchased a 4" Mechanic Bench and damaged 3/diodes testing the press,
the 488nm diode was 60mW 75 mA/110 mA,
The only problem is we are getting low on drivers we are running out or the drivers will limit our diodes use in the future as i see it
we are getting all new diodes but drivers are becoming limited a huge problem i believe or maybe am wrong !!!

I have a driver coming for my diode like this one. It left DTRs on Saturday and after leaving the post office in St. Louis, it promptly fell off the grid. I was on hold for over an hour with the toll free postal number to find out what happened to it. They are supposed to get back to me by Friday. It was supposed to be delivered today. So, I don't know when I'll finish my build, if ever, since the driver wasn't insured. :mad:

Last edited:
No, It's was just a web pic. Here's one of mine.

----EDIT----

Huh, I have some slow tracking on a driver too, usually it catches up when the post office does that and it will update all at once.

----EDIT----

I ordered a driver on EBay from DTR on Sunday the 16th and in a few minutes it will be the 19th and all the tracking says is : The seller has provided a tracking number. The tracking status will be updated once the shipment reaches the carrier.

It will be in the mailbox then update all at once probably, maybe the postal service has a virus.

Last edited:
Yes, that happens when he hasn't taken them to the post office. I always wait for it to show as delivered to the post office. That's what happened on Saturday. Then it updated to leaving the post office and was scheduled for delivery today. But, I called the post office and a was told it probably went to the wrong bin and got shuffled off to who know where. Now they are going to try to find it. DTR hasn't had it since Saturday. I get a lot of parcels and this kind of thing seems to happen to me a lot.

Yea today it's all updated and will be in my mailbox anytime, sometimes there's a delay updating tracking until the post office catches up, before they were step by step, but they seem to be busy right now as other things I have recently bought online were delayed on the tracking front, God I flipping buy so much online, even WalMart will deliver boxed and canned food items not that I don't go buy my groceries but if it's not on the shelf but in the warehouse they ship it for free over 25 dollars.

Maybe that's why the post is so busy, it's not Christmas or tax refund season, maybe it's a rebound in the economy along with online shopping booming?

----EDIT----

Oh now 7 out of 8 corners of dam near every box is crushed, and I get a neighbors mail on the next street with the same house number sometimes so we trade, but that's also why I watch my tracking, I have gun parts " out for delivery " today and if it says delivered to customer and it's not in my box I go see that neighbor, the people who did live there were very cool, this new bunch was surprised when I took them their mail, like I was Santa or something.....so I watch that tracking, LOL

Last edited:

GSS

I can see USPS being overwhelmed with all the crazyness of online shopping now and actually quite surprised that some small packages from China make to me over the course of a month of traveling...Just peeking into the back room of my smaller local Post Office I see chaos.
Isn't the USPS really privately owned at some level?
Maby it could explain them taking on alot more shipping options for the money and still over working and under paying employee's..As a child in the late 60's I swear my postman used to whistle when pushing his cart down the street and it seemed if you got lasting employment with them you were set for retirement.
Long boring story..like my mom used to do I always give my carrier a card with something in it for the Holiday's. They always remember:)

Last edited:
Aha, so that's the trick... appreciation card. The post office where I am at uses several different people, so give them all a Christmas gift?

GSS

Aha, so that's the trick... appreciation card. The post office where I am at uses several different people, so give them all a Christmas gift?
I guess it wouldn't hurt:eg:
as for all the different carrier's, maby make them some homemade cookie's and tell them they were made from love:eek:

Alien: again nice build!

:) they need vitamin cookies for as often as they misdeliver. By the way, I love that blue! Gotta get one myself.

Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Long boring story..like my mom used to do I always give my carrier a card with something in it for the Holiday's. They always remember:)

That's what we do also, the mail carrier, paper delivery people, and the garbage pick up guys, generally all get a little something for the holidays. It does seem to make a difference. :)

That's my worry too, about the time I'd leave something in the mailbox, we'd probably have a substitute delivery person that day.

Can't forget a cold water bottle on a hot day. We do that, and get liquor for the mailmen and garbage men around Christmas

I can see USPS being overwhelmed with all the crazyness of online shopping now and actually quite surprised that some small packages from China make to me over the course of a month of traveling...Just peeking into the back room of my smaller local Post Office I see chaos.
Isn't the USPS really privately owned at some level?
Maby it could explain them taking on alot more shipping options for the money and still over working and under paying employee's..As a child in the late 60's I swear my postman used to whistle when pushing his cart down the street and it seemed if you got lasting employment with them you were set for retirement.

Actually, IIRC, the post office is still a part of the federal government, but congress, in its infinite wisdom has set guild lines for them that makes failure nearly inevitable. They have to fully fund their retirement program each year, unlike every other company in the US, and are held to a strict budget every year. They are also the only government agency I'm aware of that must be run like it wasn't a part of the government while having their hands tied to be restrained to live within these guide lines set by congress. They should make one or the other.

I was thinking the have no rectangle,its round in circle when i focused out, lens is a ( 400nm-500nm AR Coated Three Element Glass Lens )
B700 Pics / for the 7200 i need a different lens i may get 1 soon :pop:

That's a very good looking host you put that 473 in buddy, I'm thinking about making a bunch of same custom hosts for all the different diodes and wavelengths for a personal set, and it's given me some ideas, It has to be a hell of a good looking host for me to make 10 or more of for myself though!

DTR

I have a driver coming for my diode like this one. It left DTRs on Saturday and after leaving the post office in St. Louis, it promptly fell off the grid. I was on hold for over an hour with the toll free postal number to find out what happened to it. They are supposed to get back to me by Friday. It was supposed to be delivered today. So, I don't know when I'll finish my build, if ever, since the driver wasn't insured. :mad:

They do that from time to time. USPS is definitely going down hill. They have always seemed to reappear at their own leisure though when it does that. Insurance from USPS is not economically viable from a business standpoint It is I would say hundreds maybe thousands of times less costly to self insure and since sellers are responsible for the package till it is marked delivered adding USPS insurance does not make a difference to the buyer. I only see maybe one or two domestic packages actually go missing and never show back up out of thousands of package I ship a year and compare that to paying insurance on every package it is a no brainer. If it goes more than a week without reappearing let me know. I can send another out and we'll retrieve that one when it does decide to make an appearance.:beer:

Yes, that happens when he hasn't taken them to the post office. I always wait for it to show as delivered to the post office. That's what happened on Saturday. Then it updated to leaving the post office and was scheduled for delivery today. But, I called the post office and a was told it probably went to the wrong bin and got shuffled off to who know where. Now they are going to try to find it. DTR hasn't had it since Saturday. I get a lot of parcels and this kind of thing seems to happen to me a lot.

I am seeing a lot of packages are not getting scanned at the local distribution facilities. I am getting a lot that seem to go missing and then just pop up with the first scan being in the destination city post the same day they go out for delivery. It is getting very frustrating. I think they are overloading the distribution centers and relying on the local posts to carry most the weight due to budget issues. Unfortunatly I don't have time to drive to the post office, walk in and wait 30 minutes every day to have my packages scanned.

Also thinking about removing express as an option. They are almost all late and the process for their guarantee costs more in time than it is worth to try to get the money back. I just end up eating it a lot of the time and it is not worth it. Here is one I sent to a customer that urgently needed it a few days ago. He was really disappointed.
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?tLabels=9481711899223214788167